• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

That copy had real nice eye appeal for the grade...... and when the same money will only get you a raggedy AF15....These restored Bat 1's will only start looking better. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

$12k/13k will get you a nice looking 3.5/4.5 copy and a restored 6.0/7.0

I see a 5.5 ep asking price of $21,700 sold in the marketplace. I thought

this was a $12k/13k book.

This was certainly higher than the recent Heritage sale of a comparable book - there was a 5.5 (Conserved) that went for the same price.

I don't know if the seller got his full ask of $21,700, but I thought the price was high.

I'd be fairly upset if EP 5.5's would only realize 12k/13k ............ I'd expect something at least double that

EP ( 3.5 ) Trimmed $12,310 Feb-2014

EP ( 6.0 ) $25,000 Nov-2014

EP ( 7.5 ) $45,000 Jan-2014

My 7.5 :

001_zps2929908b.jpg

I'd be fairly upset if EP 5.5's would only realize 12k/13k ............ I'd expect something at least double that

My 7.5 :

001_zps2929908b.jpg

(thumbs u

Movies, cartoon shows /movies etc are HELPING keeping things relevant for the NEXt generation all these kids in Batman shirts and backpacks aren't wearing them because of the comics per say it helps them get into the books in many cases Bats 1 is a great book IMO mainly because of the Joker.....yes its a #1 and has one of the coolest covers around but its not the first appearance of Batman nor Robin (the 2 iconic heroes---which usually fuel sales) what Wayne-Tec was getting at I think was the new suicide squad movie and the fact that Jared Leto is on board to play the Joker (which I guess will be some sort of arkham asylum version) further putting the joker into the mainstream consciousness which will fuel more attention to the book etc you think Captain America #1 is where it was compared to 5 years ago without the movies success?

To those who feel the movies have "no impact", I respectfully disagree.

Numerically, I'm not sure exactly how to quantify it beyond noting that the movies, the good ones, seem to stimulate interest in the key characters the books feature. I don't think a great Batman movie will motivate many non-collectors to pursue a Batman #1, but I do expect it to increase enthusiasm amongst those who already wanted a copy, thus effecting prices.

To some, it being the 1st app. of the Joker may be secondary to the "No. 1", but for me, the Joker aspect has long been a driving point of interest. It was before 2008's The Dark Knight, but Heath Ledger's fantastic portrayal of the character has enhanced my love for the character and I believe that Jared Leto has that same potential.

Chicago Boy called it when he said Arkham style. On film, we've seen the comedic (Romero), comedic/ruthless (Nicholson) and the psychological/anarchical (Ledger). But that horror/fear, Arkham-verse style has yet to be done on-film. We'll see what Leto has in store. Personally, I'm optimistic about what Warner has in store as the DC Cinematic Universe needs its Loki the way Hiddleston has impacted the MCU.

Movies, cartoon shows /movies etc are HELPING keeping things relevant for the NEXt generation all these kids in Batman shirts and backpacks aren't wearing them because of the comics per say it helps them get into the books in many cases Bats 1 is a great book IMO mainly because of the Joker.....yes its a #1 and has one of the coolest covers around but its not the first appearance of Batman nor Robin (the 2 iconic heroes---which usually fuel sales) what Wayne-Tec was getting at I think was the new suicide squad movie and the fact that Jared Leto is on board to play the Joker (which I guess will be some sort of arkham asylum version) further putting the joker into the mainstream consciousness which will fuel more attention to the book etc you think Captain America #1 is where it was compared to 5 years ago without the movies success?

To those who feel the movies have "no impact", I respectfully disagree.

Numerically, I'm not sure exactly how to quantify it beyond noting that the movies, the good ones, seem to stimulate interest in the key characters the books feature. I don't think a great Batman movie will motivate many non-collectors to pursue a Batman #1, but I do expect it to increase enthusiasm amongst those who already wanted a copy, thus effecting prices.

To some, it being the 1st app. of the Joker may be secondary to the "No. 1", but for me, the Joker aspect has long been a driving point of interest. It was before 2008's The Dark Knight, but Heath Ledger's fantastic portrayal of the character has enhanced my love for the character and I believe that Jared Leto has that same potential.

Chicago Boy called it when he said Arkham style. On film, we've seen the comedic (Romero), comedic/ruthless (Nicholson) and the psychological/anarchical (Ledger). But that horror/fear, Arkham-verse style has yet to be done on-film. We'll see what Leto has in store. Personally, I'm optimistic about what Warner has in store as the DC Cinematic Universe needs its Loki the way Hiddleston has impacted the MCU.

..... as to the Joker..... I'll go ahead and say it, could there even BE a Batman without the Joker ? GOD BLESS...

That copy had real nice eye appeal for the grade...... and when the same money will only get you a raggedy AF15....These restored Bat 1's will only start looking better. GOD BLESS...

If you know someone that has restored 3.5/4.5 copy for 12K please let me know.

I think the later estimates of near double that are much closer to the mark.

James G

If you know someone that has restored 3.5/4.5 copy for 12K please let me know.

I think the later estimates of near double that are much closer to the mark.

James G

I'm talking about AF 15 unrestored 3.5/4.5 around $12k and restored 6/7

You're talking like a sausage. No way a 7.5 brings in $45k and there is a 6.0 on

Comiclink asking $25k NO TAKERS!

You're talking like a sausage.

Sounds funny, but what does it mean?

it means you're talking out of your you know what.

I don't. That's why I am asking.

I've heard "talking out yer ", but that shouldn't look anything like a sausage (unless you have a horrible case of hemorrhoids).

You're talking like a sausage. No way a 7.5 brings in $45k and there is a 6.0 on

Those are GPA numbers you knob