• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

This news won't have a measurable affect on demand for batman 1 , one iota. It already has insatiable demand. Get real folks and stop trying to spew hype (not directed at anyone , just a general response)

Just be happy and hopeful we get a cool movie ;)

I wish it was Bale instead of "Afflack" as that would pretty much guarantee that it would be a classic. I just can't take Ben serious with his persona, its just doesn't work for me in this role.

No kidding I hope Wayne-Tec was joking, I mean how much more iconic can you get
he's just very enthusiastic... no harm (thumbs u

Enthusiastic, me? Never! lol

I agree with Rick to the extent that 1) the Joker doesn't need a movie to make his character known to the world and 2) people with Batman #1-level budgets are likely already interested in the book pre-movie. Of course, we still have to wait and see if Leto's interpretation of the character is a successful one. I'm optimistic on that front.

What I can say, as both a GA collector and as a Joker fan, is that this makes me "more" excited about a character that I already loved. I'm more excited about Batman #1 knowing that a fresh, potentially thrilling interpretation of the character may be immortalized in film.

So while it's by no means a primary motivation to love Batman #1, it is an additional factor that makes me more excited about the character and his earliest GA origins. (thumbs u

I agree with Rick to the extent that 1) the Joker doesn't need a movie to make his character known to the world and 2) people with Batman #1-level budgets are likely already interested in the book pre-movie. Of course, we still have to wait and see if Leto's interpretation of the character is a successful one. I'm optimistic on that front.

What I can say, as both a GA collector and as a Joker fan, is that this makes me "more" excited about a character that I already loved. I'm more excited about Batman #1 knowing that a fresh, potentially thrilling interpretation of the character may be immortalized in film.

So while it's by no means a primary motivation to love Batman #1, it is an additional factor that makes me more excited about the character and his earliest GA origins. (thumbs u

That's cool. You might be in the minority in with your level of analysis. Most folks just hope a superhero movie doesn't suck :baiting:

Even the Batman 1 NG front cover only sold for $3000.

That was mine from an eBay purchase last year where the seller had a matching front and back. I needed the back so I kept it. Sold the FC to Metro at SDCC to help fund my Tec 35.

Hard to believe these are from same comic but they were both glued onto a binder. Matt did a great job removing them. The Front was on the outside of the binder exposed to elements and the back cover was glued to inside of binder out of harms way.

Wonder what a nice back cover would sell for these days? Lots of .5 incomplete Bat 1's out there.

CIMG7487_zps8d74ae54.jpg

CIMG7489_zps27487abe.jpg

That's cool. You might be in the minority in with your level of analysis. Most folks just hope a superhero movie doesn't suck :baiting:

lol

We've seen enough of those. I'm hopeful though. It's definitely a fun time to be a comic book fan.

Looking at GPA, prices are all over the map for Bat #1.

This listing shows one of the problems with GPA. If the eBay listing doesn't have CGC in the title, GPA's software doesn't extract it, so this sale isn't listed.

Click has never reported to GPA that's why

This is OT, but I wonder what the effect of CLInk's not reporting is on the prices in their auctions. One school of thought argues that nonreporting supports prices.

The thinking, as I understand it is that dealers like the nonreporting because it conceals the size of their markup from most potential buyers when they subsequently relist the book. So, if a book looks likely to close well below FMV, there is a good chance a couple of dealers will bid it up at least a bit.

No idea whether that view reflects reality.

Click has never reported to GPA that's why

This is OT, but I wonder what the effect of CLInk's not reporting is on the prices in their auctions. One school of thought argues that nonreporting supports prices.

The thinking, as I understand it is that dealers like the nonreporting because it conceals the size of their markup from most potential buyers when they subsequently relist the book. So, if a book looks likely to close well below FMV, there is a good chance a couple of dealers will bid it up at least a bit.

No idea whether that view reflects reality.

seems like a lot of clink sales stay on their site "pending" for a nice length of time...a little sleuthing (or bidding history) serves as a great tool

What is a blue label 3.5, 4.0 or 4.5 worth these days?

There's a 4.0 on eBay right now with a BIN of $82,500 (he's taking offers). A 5.0 sold last month for $83,650. A 3.0 sold a couple of months ago for $52,500.