• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Those Imbeciles on "Pawn Stars" Last Night

91 posts in this topic

I stopped watching this show a long time ago - not only is it staged as all these types of shows are but they are just annoying.

+1

:news:

To anyone else. All of these so called reality shows are fake! ALL!

With Pawn Stars they get about a $20,000 budget per show to spend.

This $20,000 doesn`t come out of Rick`s pocket, but the network`s pocket.

So technically they could spend $20,000 per show on collectibles and antiques. :o

Next it`s all researched for them. They have a written -script before the show, so they know who is coming in to make a deal with them, and have all the prices already researched.

Another bigger staged one is Storage Wars. They put valuable items in the storage to make for compelling TV, as who would want to watch a show that uncovered mass produced 1990s junk every week? lol

Now just because these shows are staged doesn't mean they are bad, in fact I find them very entertaining, and have actually learned from Pawn Stars some good history lessons. (thumbs u

Hey guys just thought you should know: according to Corey and his "expert" on Pawn Stars last night, the entire comic book market is in the toilet....

Maybe they were trying to get guide for all those X-Men comics they've been hoarding since the 1980's?

:grin:

Guys this is all true. But I only watched this schlock because it was AF15's 15 minutes in the national spotlight. Then not only did those two dumb as* dump on the book they dumped on the entire hobby. Not cool. Especially when I know for a fact that they were trying to gouge me on that beat up ASM 1 they used to have that was at best a 4 wanting 12k for it, with no negotiations. If the show was real they would have paid 10k for it in a heartbeat after they took all of three minutes to see closed sales on ebay. What the hell did they need an expert for that anyway and why him he owns a freakin toy store lol.

-J.

Didn't this particular episode originally air last year, or the year before? I remember seeing an AF15 on pawn stars before, with all the same stuff you guys are talking about. I don't watch the show anymore, you can learn some interesting facts for sure,but it has gotten stale.

I saw that same thing....I had a good :roflmao: but at the same time thought these guys are taking :screwy: pills lol

I've said this before Gino, but I basically love everything in your sig line. I want it all. Please box it up and ship it to me. 'kay Thanks!

xoxo

M

:hi: thanks Michael!!!!!! hope u are enjoying the XM#4 bro!!!!! if I ever decide to sell I will most definitely keep you in mind!!!!! Happy Holidays to you and your family!!!! (thumbs u

Thanks buddy. I love the x4. Thrilled to have it. :)

Please do let me know if you decide to sell some of that Gold. Have always loved that adventure. Not to mention the YA1 and the All American. :cloud9:

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

I like how Corey spouted off the whole tired "comics used to be worth a lot, now they're worthless" spiel when trying to low ball the guy on his AF #15. :eyeroll:

Yeah, I was yelling at the TV when he was spouting that , especially where AF15 is concerned.

Didn't this particular episode originally air last year, or the year before? I remember seeing an AF15 on pawn stars before, with all the same stuff you guys are talking about. I don't watch the show anymore, you can learn some interesting facts for sure,but it has gotten stale.

No it was a first run episode. They have just had another raw copy in a display case in the background in past episodes from what I've heard. And that copy they sold a while back.

-J.

You mean, a pawn shop owner tried to downplay the value of the item offered for sale, in order to buy it for a super low price that would give them maximum profit when they sell it in the future??? :o

Nooooooooo! This is madness!!! :pullhair:

lol

What`s next, a thread complaining about the sun rising in the east?

You mean, a pawn shop owner tried to downplay the value of the item offered for sale, in order to buy it for a super low price that would give them maximum profit when they sell it in the future??? :o

Nooooooooo! This is madness!!! :pullhair:

lol

What`s next, a thread complaining about the sun rising in the east?

Where is it? I've been waiting to post. :sumo:

I love this show. I know what it is but I learn a lot. I know it is partially stagged and they get the info on the items before they see it etc but I don't care. I watch it to learn about history. So in that aspect its a good show.just my opinion.I don't take it that serious I guess.

I know they had someone come in with an ASM #1 in the past & they gushed about it but I don't remember if they bought it.

I do enjoy the show most of the time but sometimes, like this episode, they're just too lame to believe. But I'm sure I'll watch again next week...

I always find myself watching this when it's on, but I cringe whenever someone brings in a comic or a toy, since I almost always end up disagreeing with them. I like the actual historical items that are brought in, and I wish Mark (the museum guy) and Sean (the weapons guy, though I haven't seen him in awhile) were featured more, or maybe got some kind of show of their own.

And yeah, of course it's all fake. The most annoying part about that isn't that it's fake, per se (is anyone still surprised that "reality" shows are fake?), it's that the four of them are such horrible actors. Rick is the only one who even comes across as being somewhat talented.

And Rebecca the rare book woman is hot.

Yeah love red heads and Rebecca is very cute. Sean the gun guy hasn't been on in a few years. He left he show. Below was an email he posted about why he left last year.

Thank you for the e-mail. At the moment: Unfortunately, to make a very long story short, the production company and History Channel wanted me to sign an ?exclusivity agreement? to lock me down, control me, my business, future, my appearance, how I make a living to provide for my family, and expect me to do it for free or very little money without any negotiation (with no guarantee of being used !). So basically, I told them to ?go pound sand??

Please understand, that my decision has nothing to do with Rick and the Harrison?s, I love those guys. It is the unfortunate nature of the production company and Network greed when they have a successful show. Who knows, if enough fans cry out, maybe they will get the message and come back to the table of ?reality??

Thank you for your support !

Sean Rich

TortugaTrading Inc."