• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,895 posts in this topic

I bought a Mask #1 here on the boards a while ago (was that from you Jon?) and this cover reminded me of it, a little. Don't think I could spring for a 9.0 Mask 1, however

You bought a Mask 1 on the boards? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I snagged this one for $30 shipped last week.

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

Do you have a larger scan?

I don't have a scanner, but I'll see if I can get a better shot with my digital camera. It's in really nice shape tho! There is a tear on the bottom edge, but you can't see it and the colors are BRIGHT too. Perfect for me.

I've got a few more VG-FN's coming in too.... wink.gif

post away....you are quickly pulling together a very nice group of books. thumbsup2.gif

Nice books, TotT!

Even lower glade books look sweet.

That's one of the reasons I love his covers. I can't afford really high grade stuff, and even books in the good range look nice if they have a good color strike.

That's one of the reasons I love his covers. I can't afford really high grade stuff, and even books in the good range look nice if they have a good color strike.

I chickened out on a low grade mask #1 for $300 the cover was detached and could not bring myself to bin the damn thing.

I chickened out on a low grade mask #1 for $300 the cover was detached and could not bring myself to bin the damn thing.

That thing has been listed maybe a dozen times without selling and I am sure it will be listed a dozen more. No rush, believe me. 27_laughing.gif

In my opinion, a Mask #1 with a detached cover at $300 is overpriced. Is the book tough in medium grade? Yes. But I do think it's possible to get a complete, cover-attached Good or Good+ for about $300.

In my opinion, a Mask #1 with a detached cover at $300 is overpriced. Is the book tough in medium grade? Yes. But I do think it's possible to get a complete, cover-attached Good or Good+ for about $300.

I'm with you 100%. I put that book on my watch list every time it's listed and it never sells. I've inquired about getting it restored and I think it would be a few hundred for that! No way I can cough up $300 for it no matter HOW much I need, er... want it. wink.gif