• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,894 posts in this topic

Sweet Jungle Thrills book, Andy! Very nice!

Yeah, who knows on that Startling Terror #11. tongue.gif I've often thought the Startling Terror #11 (2nd) must be a difficult book to sell on ebay, because of buyers' disappointment when they click in and find that generic crime cover instead of the ultra-classic spider cover!

Yeah, who knows on that Startling Terror #11. tongue.gif I've often thought the Startling Terror #11 (2nd) must be a difficult book to sell on ebay, because of buyers' disappointment when they click in and find that generic crime cover instead of the ultra-classic spider cover!

Yep, that's gotta be one of the fastest 0 to 60 back down to 0 heart rush of excitment/dissapointments on ebay! tongue.gif

Hopefully I will have a copy of the good #11 soon. I have a chance at a nice looking, but low grade copy.

Hopefully I will have a copy of the good #11 soon. I have a chance at a nice looking, but low grade copy.

I know someone else who has one available -- maybe the same person. Is yours coming from SF?

I know someone else who has one available -- maybe the same person. Is yours coming from SF?

Yes, thanks for the heads-up though. flowerred.gif

Yes, thanks for the heads-up though. flowerred.gif

I just saw it a few weekends ago. yay.gif

Yep, that's gotta be one of the fastest 0 to 60 back down to 0 heart rush of excitment/dissapointments on ebay! tongue.gif

Actually, it occurs to me that those of us who look out for Science Comics (Fox), Suspense Comics (1940s) and Mystic Comics (1940s) are all too familiar with that 0-60-0 rush... smirk.gif

Double guide?!? screwy.gif

I think the bidders confused this one with the first series number 11. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

Oh man... Somewhere someone's happy for the wrong reason...

Nice pics here guys. Keep 'em comin! All the pics I had went away when my comnputer crashed on Monday. frown.gif I'll see what I can do to get back up and runnin'!

Here's a Cole that doesn't get seen too often.

1291041-fourmost5-6.jpg

No car crashes, no blood, no zombies, no naked devil chicks, no mammon. Just the omnipresent threat of polar bears.

1291041-fourmost5-6.jpg.d0f66c2bb5421c0969101faf2f2e0451.jpg

Edited by Weird Paper

Here's a Cole that doesn't get seen too often.

1291041-fourmost5-6.jpg

No car crashes, no blood, no zombies, no naked devil chicks, no mammon. Just the omnipresent threat of polar bears.

I scored this one off of the bay a few weeks ago. Excellent non-funny animal cover! And a cool story too! That's one of the reasons I like the VG-FN copies, I don't feel bad about actually READING them. wink.gif

If I remember correctly, that woman was there for some kind of photo shoot and some fool tries to rob them or something. It's funny because I think she has that yellow coat on that BARELY covers her legs at all. She'd be freezing anywhere polar bears lived, but of course it's no big deal. ....I love the golden age... wink.gif

Finally Had the time to scan a few Funny Animal Coles. All three are among the harder to find, please excuse the condition, I am a low grade collector when it comes to this stuff, I'm just happy to have it!

This is one of My Favorites, I love the balloon motif in the background:

holiday.jpg

This is of course high on my list for being a Halloween cover:

ff39.jpg

And a big thanks to fan4fan for picking this one up for me at no extra cost! Never saw it before!:

fa49.jpg