• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Details On DAREDEVIL's Ties To THE AVENGERS; Will Charlie Cox Appear In CIVIL WAR?

----------------

When and where in the Marvel Cinematic Universe does Daredevil take place? We still don't have a specific date and time (before or after the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D. in The Winter Soldier for example), but Marvel Television's Emma Fleischer did at least confirm in an interview with Empire Magazine that it follows the events of The Avengers.

"We are still part of the Marvel Universe," she explianed, "but we are not explicitly in that Agenstts of S.H.I.E.L.D. world. We're in our own corner. So the aliens came down and ruined the ciy, and this is the story of Hell's Kitchen's rebuild."

----------------

New Details On DAREDEVIL's Costume, Level Of Violence In The Series, And More

--------------------

Talking to Empire Magazine, Daredevil costume designer Stephanie Maslansky reveals that the black vigilante outfit was pieced together from "practical sports and military wear, restitching garments from companies like McDavid, CAT, and G-Star." All of this she says is stuff that Matt could "go out and find himself." When the site mentioned the red outfit and horns, she added: "In the end, somebody else [in the story] makes his Daredevil costume. What's really exciting is the evolution of it, and how he comes to have it made.

--------------------

On the show content...

--------------------

"Netflix, of course, they don't have a problem with pushing it. I mean, they go anywhere from G to NC-17. But the Marvel brand, that's a little different.They're obviously not comfortable going that far with it, though they've allowed us to push it much further than you've seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe since starting with Iron Man. It is much more geared towards adults. We call it PG-16. We don't quite get to R, but we kiss right up to it."

--------------------

On the show content...

--------------------

"Netflix, of course, they don't have a problem with pushing it. I mean, they go anywhere from G to NC-17. But the Marvel brand, that's a little different.They're obviously not comfortable going that far with it, though they've allowed us to push it much further than you've seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe since starting with Iron Man. It is much more geared towards adults. We call it PG-16. We don't quite get to R, but we kiss right up to it."

--------------------

I can live with that. :grin:

On the show content...

--------------------

--------------------

I can live with that. :grin:

Me too.

I wonder if we'll see any Yellow costume? Probably not

On the show content...

--------------------

--------------------

:eek:

While I would like to see action that is more intense - something along the lines of the Bourne or new Bond movies - I hope they don't get too hard-core.

After that over-the-top gore-fest on Gothom, I'm getting a little skittish about the nature of the violence in some of these comic properties.

I'm just hoping they turn it into season long arcs. The current one-shot formula from Arrow and Flash are killing me.

+1