• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

So can I sign up to Netflix for a day, watch the show, then cancel?

Yeah you can sign up for a 30 day free trial. I think its only 8 bucks a month for the streaming only option anyway, which is less than the price of a movie ticket, so...

$7 tickets here with $5.50 matinees. :shrug: ;)

Peace,

Chip

I guess Im just old fashioned like that.. I do want to watch a show and anticipate the next weeks episode.. then go to work and kvetch for days about who shot JR..

Give me 13 episodes at a time and between posting here and binge watching ill never get my life back

Marvel Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso on DAREDEVIL: "You'll Probably Fall Asleep, This Show Is So Slow."

Just kidding!

---------------------

Alonso reiterated what many have already said, explaining how the series will be different from previous Marvel live-action projects. "I binge-watched the first four episodes, and I absolutely loved it. I cannot wait to see the rest. Daredevil flexes a very different set of muscles than anything you've seen from Marvel -- on TV or the big screen. It builds a world." Alonso also praises the performances, "especially Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock and Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk -- the cinematography is lush and atmospheric, and the action sequences will blow your mind."

---------------------

:whee:

10 Things Worth Noting About DAREDEVIL Trailer

-------------------

Battle Scars

It's unclear yet just where in Daredevil's saga this series will fall, whether Matt Murdock is already firmly entrenched in his crime fighting alter ego, or this is the beginning of his journey. One this for sure, however, and that is the level of punishment Daredevil will undergo in his quest to clean up the city. With multiple shots of Daredevil's shredded, damaged costume and battered body, it's easy to see that the show's creators won't lose sight of the idea that deep down, Daredevil is just a man.

-------------------

BattleScars.jpg

-------------------

Stick

Though it's only a quick shot, the trailer's look at Scott Glenn's Stick has quite an impact. As Matt Murdock's mentor, the enigmatic Stick taught Matt Murdock not only to hone his enhanced senses and radar sense, but trained him in the use of martial arts as well. Stick is an integral part of Daredevil's origin, and his presence here gives some clue as to where in Daredevil's timeline this series will fall.

-------------------

Stick.jpg

I guess this means it is going to be much further along in his superhero career than a walk through his full early days.

The Affleck movie felt like a crammed-together, poor homage to Frank Miller's Daredevil. This looks like the Miller take but done right. I hope they go balls-to-the-wall under the Netflix banner. I don't really care about nudity, but I'd really like to see some hardcore violence. Can't wait for the release.

Why? (shrug)

The Affleck movie felt like a crammed-together, poor homage to Frank Miller's Daredevil. This looks like the Miller take but done right. I hope they go balls-to-the-wall under the Netflix banner. I don't really care about nudity, but I'd really like to see some hardcore violence. Can't wait for the release.

Why? (shrug)

I guess I would ask the same. Does a gritty DD show mean that it has to be filled with hardcore violence? I'd like to think they'd be able to tell a more effective story in this format than resort to excessive violence to get the point across.

I'm excited for a non-network take on Daredevil, but I don't think it needs to be gonzo hardcore violent or sexual.

Australian magazine FilmInk puts The Man Without Fear front and centre, giving us our best look yet at Charlie Cox (Boardwalk Empire) suited up as Daredevil in the highly anticipated Marvel and Netflix 13-part series.

B-gD9SQCMAAtobj.jpg

Why? (shrug)

I guess I would ask the same. Does a gritty DD show mean that it has to be filled with hardcore violence? I'd like to think they'd be able to tell a more effective story in this format than resort to excessive violence to get the point across.

I'm excited for a non-network take on Daredevil, but I don't think it needs to be gonzo hardcore violent or sexual.

Because I like entertainment like that. I guess it's a personality flaw of mine. I'd just really like to see the gloves come off on a Marvel show. See something you wouldn't see in an Avengers or GOTG movie. Especially with Wilson Fisk.

My favorite DD stories portray Kingpin as an absolute reprobate, scum-of-the-earth human willing to do almost anything to continue his stranglehold on Hell's Kitchen's criminal enterprise. He has kind of a soft spot for his wife and family a la pieces of refuse like Pablo Escobar and various real-life mobsters, but that's about it. I'd like to see the series taken to that place, where Matt Murdock has to face down this monster. Just what is he willing to do to combat this vicious evil? That's not a very nice road to go down, but that's what I'd like to see.