• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

The first thing that caught my attention in the pic of DD and Punisher were DD's shoes.

Sneakers?? (tsk)

That was actually the 1st thing that caught my eye as well. lol

I thought it was a fail as well.

We could be seeing Daredevil Season Two a month early.

Daredevil Season 2 Possibly Debuting In March 2016 on Netflix

Inside Entertainment Weekly’s 2016 preview issue, there is a sizable chunk of Daredevil news inside. On one page however, Entertainment Weekly has marked that the show will debut in March of next year.

:wishluck:

I am not a fan of the costume myself. March 25th was the date I heard to go head to head with Batman v Superman.

I had read that on a few of the reporting sites. To me, it's a non-event as it isn't like people are going to be divided on whether they should watch a movie or stream Daredevil for 13 hours.

Like they are not going to do both over a few days?

Got the amazon firestick for a present so over the last 2 nights I binge watched DD on the big screen TV instead of on the computer like my first 2 go arounds. Just WOW, so much of it was like seeing it for the first time and it has been several months so there's plenty I'd forgotten.

As great as Charlie Cox is as Matt / DD, the supporting cast as a whole doesn't have a scrub in the mix at all, so many fantastic performances and I have 100% faith that season 2 will do the same.

Date marked on the calendar and waiting....

Not that a Marvel executive wouldn't pitch his show as positive. But it does sound like Season Two is going to be an incredible experience.

EXCLUSIVE: Jon Bernthal's Punisher on Daredevil Season 2 is Extraordinary, Says Marvel EVP

In a phone interview with ComicBook.com, Loeb's excitement was palpable.

"If you love season one, you're going to love (emphasis his) season two," Loeb said, before I could even get a proper question about the series out. The new season will introduce two more Marvel characters - both of whom straddle the line of hero and villain - into the Marvel Cinematic Universe: the Punisher and Elektra.

Loeb said that all Jon Bernthal wanted was to do right by the character, and not screw it up for fans.

"Jon Bernthal has succeeded in his quest," Loeb said confidently. "His Punisher is extraordinarily memorable, in every way."

And with Elektra...

The addition of Elektra, played by Elodie Yung, will also throw a wrench in Matt Murdock's - and viewers' - lives.

"You will fall in love with Elodie Yung as Elektra, and she will break your heart, because that's what Elektra does to people," he said. Their interaction with the series stars will satisfy, too, he promises. "When you float Charlie Cox (as Matt Murdock/Daredevil) into that group, and Deborah Ann Woll, and Elvin Henson as Karen and Fggy, it just is an extraordinary cast. I just think people are going to be incredibly delighted by the story that Doug [Petrie] and Marco [Ramirez] and the writing staff came up with for this season."

:whee:

Jon Bernthal Says The Punisher Takes Daredevil To A Whole New Place

Bernthal credits showrunners Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez for crafting a "slow burn" story arc for The Punish that will see the character evolve by the end of the season. "He’s a guy who brought the war home with him [in] the worst possible way," he told EW. "There are a lot of iterations of this character and in all of them it’s a man who’s gone through this unbelievable trauma and what’s interesting about our take on him is how this trauma reshapes his own philosophy."

Like his comic book counterpart, the trauma that fuels his endless need for revenge comes from a tragic backstory involving the loss of his family. "But with Frank, what was important was the emptiness inside him. He’s dealing with this unbelievable loss," he explained. "There’s unbelievable anger and hatred and shame. There’s a sense of responsibility and as a father and husband, if I were to lose my family on my watch … I had to put myself in as dark of place as possible the last six months."

"The effect the other characters have on him will push him certain directions," he added. "I think once you see these characters collide, it’s tremendously interesting and emotionally gripping as well. It’s going to be a special season. If you thought last season of Daredevil was dark, we’re going to a whole new place."

DAREDEVIL's Lie Detector Ability Works On Everyone But Elektra

Head of Marvel TV Jeph Loeb shed some new light on Elektra and Daredevil's relationship when the show returns for season 2.

"I think one of the things that’s dynamic about Elodie’s performance is that you never quite know if Elektra’s telling you the truth. Matt, who has this sort of ability to be a human lie detector, because he’s emotionally attached to her, it skews his ability to be able to know whether or not she’s telling the truth or he’s being manipulated, or is she actually not manipulating him? That kind of interaction, and I think the natural emotion that was going on between Charlie and Elodie that we captured on film, added a great deal of spark to it. Particularly, given that Karen Page is an equally strong and independent woman who has her own story that’s going on throughout the series. As you will watch it unfold, you get very caught up in the push and pull of Matt Murdock’s life."

Daredevil Season 2: Jon Bernthal Says The Punisher's Superpower Is His Rage

At the Netflix TCA event Sunday, Jon Bernthal and Elodie Yung met the press openly for the first time for their roles in Daredevil season two. Bernthal talked enthusiastically about Frank Castle, and what he's learned about the character so far.

"If I got one thing from the comics, as far as superpowers? [The Punisher's] superpower is his rage," Bernthal said he learned from his reading research. "His superpower is that he is not gonna quit, and he's having to go forward no matter what. That's as human and grounded a quality as, I think, this genre can have."

Bernthal praised the world created in season one, calling it "authentic and gritty," making it the perfect place to "reintroduce this character."