• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

That was always a big maybe. I don't think this pushes the dial either way. Remember, if it looked like it was going to happen, Loeb still wouldn't necessarily have permission to indicate as such.

I think any expansion of the Marvel Knights (I'm still calling it this) line is still going to have to wait until we hear about a renegotiated or renewed or expanded contract between Marvel & Netflix. Because as it stands now, to the best of anyones knowledge, they're still operating under a contract for only 60 hours of content. We don't even know how DD S2 or JJ S2 works under this contract. And I will lay money that Marvel doesn't just keep the same contract with Netflix for expanding the line beyond DD, JJ, Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders after all the success that the 2 already-aired shows have been for Netflix customer base expansion. They're gonna want more money for each hour of that content.

I don't know if Steven S DeKnight is still the showrunner for Season 2, but he just got hired as the director for Pacific Rim 2, which is probably going to make him busy for when S3 would be filming, if everything stays on schedule.

I don't know if Steven S DeKnight is still the showrunner for Season 2, but he just got hired as the director for Pacific Rim 2, which is probably going to make him busy for when S3 would be filming, if everything stays on schedule.

I don't think there will be a S3, what with the rest of the Defenders schedule swiftly moving foward. :preach:

I recently subscribed to Netflix and am up to Episode 10 in Season 1. Really enjoying the show. Probably a dumb question, but was Nobu (the guy who burned) the Silver Samarui?

Also, I have been expecting to see Bullseye but have not yet. Why is the first appearance in Daredevil 132 so valuable? Was he in the movie with Ben Affleck? I didn't see it. Thanks.

I recently subscribed to Netflix and am up to Episode 10 in Season 1. Really enjoying the show. Probably a dumb question, but was Nobu (the guy who burned) the Silver Samarui?

Also, I have been expecting to see Bullseye but have not yet. Why is the first appearance in Daredevil 132 so valuable? Was he in the movie with Ben Affleck? I didn't see it. Thanks.

No, the Silver Samurai was in The Wolverine, and thus is a Fox property - Nobu was a different ninja character though I'm not sure who.

Bullseye was in the Affleck movie, and has not been in the Netflix series (nor has he been announced for future series, though I would assume he'll show up at some point).

The First Reviews For DAREDEVIL Season 2 Are In

After a mostly top-notch debut on Netflix, Marvel’s Man Without Fear begins season two on an uneven note, occasionally feeling as if he’s taken a detour from dark and gritty into the realm of Sam Peckinpah movies, complete with slow-motion bullets and blood sprays. Stick with it, though, and the show blossoms, featuring a few terrific action sequences while introducing into this grim world seminal characters the Punisher and Elektra – both mostly victimized by earlier feature adaptations. So far, the Marvel/Netflix collaboration has brought a nifty dimension to both parties.

The bad news is that Daredevil season 2 fails to address some of season one’s weaknesses. I can't really say that there's a supporting character who has emerged to take the place of Vondie Curtis-Hall's Ben Urich, so that's a presence that feels a little missed. The pacing, handily season one’s biggest flaw, hasn’t improved, and there’s no shortage of overwritten, overwrought dialogue, often delivered in long chunks. Sometimes it’s expository (which is little excuse), and other times, well, it feels like these characters just want to hear themselves talk.

Fans should be quite pleased with this extremely faithful incarnation of the [Elektra] character, as Yung is visually ripped from the panels of a Frank Miller comic. She looks the part and plays it with confidence, seduction and dangerous intrigue. Oh, and she can kick too. Naturally. There’s real, palpable chemistry between Yung and Cox, and whenever they’re onscreen together there’s an air of danger along with a feeling of a loss of control – for both characters.

I think any expansion of the Marvel Knights (I'm still calling it this) line is still going to have to wait until we hear about a renegotiated or renewed or expanded contract between Marvel & Netflix. Because as it stands now, to the best of anyones knowledge, they're still operating under a contract for only 60 hours of content. We don't even know how DD S2 or JJ S2 works under this contract. And I will lay money that Marvel doesn't just keep the same contract with Netflix for expanding the line beyond DD, JJ, Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders after all the success that the 2 already-aired shows have been for Netflix customer base expansion. They're gonna want more money for each hour of that content.

I've been wondering about this as well. Really hope something gets worked out with the above shows and there's a Phase 2. Hell, I really hope the rumors of the Thunderbolts, Moon Knight, Cloak & Dagger shows come to fruition as well because Daredevil and Jessica Jones have been so amazing. Can Netflix continue to pay Disney? Why doesn't Disney just keep these shows for themselves and offer up their own streaming service? Disney has a 32% stake in Hulu, are these shows going to Hulu after the initial contract with Netflix? These are the questions I wonder sometimes.