• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

What was the turn around on House of Cards & OINTB to get DVD/Blu-Ray releases? Wasn't it not until after Season 2 of each of them was already binge-able?

From what I can see on Wikipedia, House of Cards season 1 was on Netflix on Feb 1, 2013 and on Blu-Ray on June 11, 2013. Seasons 2 and 3 followed a similar pattern. So a little over 4 months from Netflix release to home video release for that series.

I can't find any home video release dates for OITNB, so I'm not sure what the typical delay was for that series.

Edited by Loki

Is it just me, or can we see some non-Frank Miller related Daredevil? Will the Widow make an appearance at some point? She did occupy many issues with her name. I mean, come on! We're how many Spidey films in and no hint of ASM 129 anywhere, but the Punisher is in the second season of DD. Now, I'm not complaining about that, but I would have loved to see Thomas Jane get the nod.

Easily the best show on TV.

I really enjoyed Marvel's take on DD. Even my wife who never understood why I collected DD instead of Batman, SM, or Superman, finally got why I liked the character.

The actors did a marvelous job. The dialogue was impeccable. My favourite episode was when he went against the Asian crime-lord in the warehouse, to be later confronted by the Kingpin. That fight was really visceral. This is the action where most action/superhero TV series fail. I also enjoyed how he avoided being captured by the cops when he was handcuffed.

Finally a series where you enjoy the characters, love the plot twists, and look forward to the next show.

There were some issues I had with the series but the strength of the show elsewhere makes you overlook those details.

Spoilers:

Kingpin is too human for me. He's had a tough life as a kid but that's no reason for him to be a crime lord in the future.

Daredevil in my opinion should be much better as a fighter. He should have far less difficulty beating normal opponents, and significantly faster. He doesn't need body armor or get hurt easily. He doesn't torture either.

Stick is a foul-mouthed teacher who drank but I pictured him as softer. Not someone who lops off the arms of his enemies or kills child soldiers.

Oh yeah, yet again multiple characters know his real identity. Although done well Foggy should have found out in the final season.

Matt Murdock needs to talk more and speak louder.

I actually liked Ben Urich's character and was sad to see him go. I thought they could have used him in following seasons.

New Daredevil Season 2 Trailer Airs At Comic Con Experience

"The teaser started on a scene where Matt, dressed as Daredevil (wearing the uniform from the end of season 1) walks in a room that looked like a refrigerator. The place was barely lit and had big slices of meat hanging from the ceiling. As Daredevil walks in that room (the camera focused only at him) we see that he’s searching for something as he stays quiet, slowly walking deep into the room, turning his head trying to hear something. At some point, something not shown to the spectator grasps his attention."

Cherryvane goes on to say that Matt discovers that people are also hanging from the ceiling. After Matt finds one still alive, he begins to question him.

"Why did they do this to you?" In which the guy mumbles "They? It was just a guy." Matt stays dead silent, camera focusing on him."

The scene changes and Matt finds a man with a sniper rifle on top of a building. It seems as though he's never seen this man.

"The man behind the gun is no one else but Frank Castle. While Frank is readying his rifle for the perfect shot, unaware of his surroundings, DD appears."

"Running on the rooftop, he jumps and kicks the gun, amazingly diving over Frank to stop him. They soon engage on a fight, but when it was getting interesting and intense as [hell] the scene was cut with the Daredevil logo and 2016 - NETFLIX"

:ohnoez::whee::ohnoez::whee:

Easily the best show on TV.

I really enjoyed Marvel's take on DD. Even my wife who never understood why I collected DD instead of Batman, SM, or Superman, finally got why I liked the character.

The actors did a marvelous job. The dialogue was impeccable. My favourite episode was when he went against the Asian crime-lord in the warehouse, to be later confronted by the Kingpin. That fight was really visceral. This is the action where most action/superhero TV series fail. I also enjoyed how he avoided being captured by the cops when he was handcuffed.

Finally a series where you enjoy the characters, love the plot twists, and look forward to the next show.

Agreed. After watching this it's hard to go watch another superhero tv show. This is like reading Frank Miller's Daredevil comicbook runs than trying to than read a generic comic book. Netflix Daredevil is the benchmark for superhero tv shows.

Just about finished re-watching DD and Episode 9 is clearly my favorite. The fight scene with Nobu is THE BEST I can recently remember. Just amazingly done.

Frank Miller's Thoughts On Elektra

In a panel recap first translated by Bleeding Cool, Miller admitted that he had not watched Netflix's "Daredevil," despite how much he cares about the character. When asked what he thought about Elektra's addition to the show, he replied: “they can do whatever they want, that is not her." Miller later added that yes, he does consider himself "her father."

Season 2 coming in 2016 :whee:

"We try never to make pushing the boundary the goal," Goddard told Collider. "If that makes sense. You just do what's right for the character. I think what's nice about Netflix is that we have the freedom to be a little more adult. But none of sit in the writers room and say, 'Let's shock everyone today.' You know, that's not really the goal. It's more about what the characters are going through. Obviously these characters - Frank [Castle/Punisher] - deal with darker, dirtier things."

Two new low-resolution shots of Elektra Natchios (Elodie Yung) and Frank Castle/The Punisher (Jon Bernthal) from the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly have surfaced online.

"Lethal love interest--is a crucial part of the second edition of Daredevil, almost as important as another hugely iconic character joining the show: Frank Castle, better known as the Punisher, a vigilante who has the same clean-up-the-streets mission as Murdock, except he uses guns instead of fisticuffs and simply murders every criminal he can find," a portion of the article reads. "Played by testosterone-radiating former Walking Dead star Jon Bernthal, he's a merciles, binary-thinking antihero who simply wants to kill all the bad guys--and he'll have a lot of scarily enthusiastic supporters, on screen and off."

Zxx3m2s.png

UYfBWzq.png