• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

So I cannot remember…does Fox still have a hold on Elektra or did those rights revert too?

It's not clear, other than if this was a ten year contract like Daredevil or others, then 2015 she reverts back to Marvel (Elektra movie came out in 2005).

DAREDEVIL Showrunner Talks Rating, Elektra, Punisher, THE DEFENDERS And More

--------------------

Steven DeKnight ✔ @stevendeknight

He's absolutely breathtaking. RT @bwilks88: @stevendeknight Is Vincent D'Onofrio as menacing playing Wilson Fisk as I've been hearing?

French Connection, Dog Day Afternoon, etc. RT @Lumetian: Using any classic films as inspiration for the new series, or just comics?

Punisher. RT @samunoz19: @stevendeknight if you could make a show about a comic book character that isn't Daredevil, which would it be?

Huge. Get your surround sound ready! RT @Lebatardduouest: How big a role will the audio mix for Daredevil play in telling the story.

She would! RT @StevieK90: @stevendeknight if katrina law wasn't on arrow she would make a perfect Electra! #daredevil

JeNzuSg.png

--------------------

(shrug)

He's really not saying a lot.

New Official Look At Charlie Cox Suited Up As DAREDEVIL

---------------------

The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly has a feature on the upcoming Marvel/Netflix Daredevil TV series, and included are a couple of images of Boardwalk Empire's Charlie Cox as the Man Without Fear.

---------------------

B5JvZ1_CEAA2qbB.png

DAREDEVIL: New Details On 'Bullseye', 'The Kingpin', And Ties To The Marvel Cinematic Universe

--------------------

"This season is about both the rise of the hero and the rise of the villain," Loeb teased, before showrunner and director Steven DeKnight added: "Fisk has very many different aspects so it’s not all, ‘I want to conquer the city and make a lot of money.’ In our story, we tell the story of how he met his wife Vanessa and how they fell in love — our antagonist actually has a love story. That’s the love story you’re following, the one you’re invested in, and seeing how that affects him and changes him. I think Vincent just brings such depth to it, his performance is just astounding." It appears as if the 13-part drama could end up being one big origin story then (will you be annoyed if the classic red suit doesn't show up until the final scene?), something which might just explain the absence of Bullseye.

"I wouldn’t say there’s no plans to include the character in the series," DeKnight reveals, confirming that he won't appear in season one. "It’s not not to say he wouldn’t be in the series at some point. But I think if you try to jam in too many characters, it just becomes a mess. And [bullseye’s] story was told in the last iteration of Daredevil that anybody saw. My feeling was, ‘Why repeat it?’ And honestly, if you’re looking for a juicy, multi-faceted crime drama, Wilson Fisk was the obvious choice to play the antagonist. Bullseye is a little more cut and dry. Not to say you couldn’t make him fantastic over 13 hours, but Fisk really felt like the right yin to the yang for Matt, and for what we wanted to do this season."

--------------------

So it's not a "DEFINITELY NO' as was stated before in seeing Bullseye. It's just appropriate timing.

:whee:

‘Daredevil’ Showrunner & Star Tease Villain Love Story, and More

----------------------

While talking to EW, DeKnight revealed that Daredevil will focus on the titular character as well as the show’s antagonist Wilson Fisk a.k.a. Kingpin, played by Vincent D’Onofrio. DeKnight said Fisk’s character development will be fleshed out and include the story of how he fell in love with his wife; you can read the showrunner’s full quote, below:

“Fisk has very many different aspects so it’s not all, ‘I want to conquer the city and make a lot of money.’ In our story, we tell the story of how he met his wife Vanessa and how they fell in love – our antagonist actually has a love story. That’s the love story you’re following, the one you’re invested in, and seeing how that affects him and changes him. I think Vincent just brings such depth to it, his performance is just astounding.”

----------------------

I like that, as the character will have more depth than a flat villain without much motivation explained.

----------------------

The series will be about the rise of both a hero and a villain, as Loeb said, so viewers can expect a fully developed villain in Daredevil. Some criticisms of Marvel films have centered around the villains – particularly that many, such as the Dark Elves in Thor: the Dark World, were underdeveloped. However, it appears DeKnight is attempting to avoid those problems with Daredevil.

----------------------

:applause:

one season of each and then the crossover is what is guaranteed. But nothing ever indicated they wouldnt continue beyond that. I would assume if they are popular and drive sales of netflix subscriptions they will all have many seasons. All the netflix original content I know of is multiple seasoned.