• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Finished the second season. Thought it was great, more action, more heroes/villains. Great casting, Elektra is what I'd expect, Stick might be my favorite character.

Edited by Scturo

I love this show. Season one was a slow burn to get going but once it did it just did not let up. I was surprised to find myself somewhat rooting for the Kingpin at times, felt bad when things started collapsing around him. I'm 8 episodes into season two and it's every bit as good as season one. Bernthal's Punisher to me is nearly spot on. Just a great show, bravo to all involved.

Finished it tonight. So, so good...

Frank was awesome.

Elektra was way different then I was expecting, which isn't a bad thing, just took me some time to get used to her.

I agree that Foggy and Karen are kinda annoying... I always want their scenes to end.

I visited the art dept. for this show the other day and found it funny that they had a plaque of stan lee as Forbush Man on the wall. I was probably the only one in there that heard of him

This thread doesn't get enough posts.

So far this show hands down is the greatest superhero TV show I have ever seen. ^^

The writing, acting, creative direction, producers, and director should be paid more than anyone on BvS.

They have correctly mixed the DD issues of Frank Miller with Benis/Brubaker to give us the most spectacular Daredevil we have ever seen.

The MCU on Netflix is smart and keeps the general audience entertained, but also the comic book fans.

A funny thing happens when you copy the screen plays (aka the comic books) and paste them on the the TV screen. Free money magic happens huh Fox, Sony, and Warner Bothers? hm..... :baiting:

Edited by NewWorldOrder

I really like this show. It's riveting (Finally got time to finish binge watching it this weekend). But some things sort of fell flat in the story telling. I wonder if I need to get my buddy that reads Daredevil comics to explain it to me.

How all of a sudden Elektra is black sky (even though a bunch of people knew about it during the flash backs), and then Stick decides oh...NOW She needs to be killed because....reasons...so I'm just going to hire one lame guy to do the job instead of doing it myself or getting an awesome sniper like The Punisher to do it. I also don't get how the Foot...I mean Hand are doing all of this for an unwilling icon. And an all powerful IT that they themselves easily dispatched with one stab.

"AH! We must have IT! It is all powerful!....schtink! Uh...Okay, Plan B...let's go be ninjas elsewhere." And they never explained anything about the victims that were being drained. And they never explained anything about the Undead Ninjas. They never put those two pieces together at all in the story so that the heroes are even aware of it.

Then there are the plot holes of how they are standing over her grave one minute, and the next scene she's in the giant chia pot.

I think the Black Sky is essentially a classification of a group of people with some special trait that they all share. Basically they're all the same eye color or they all share a common ancestor or they all have the same bowling average or golf handicap or something else. And I think whatever that trait is, allows them to be a vessel for something more supernatural. Possibly The Beast?

And maybe they have to die first (hence why they already had that giant ceramic bottle already ready to go) and be reborn in the funky ceramic jar?

Elektra died in combat after they had they jar ready. But they didn't have the ceramic jar in Season 1 when Stick killed the other Black Sky kid, so they couldn't revive him or revive him in time or something? I'm sure it's not too hard to make it all make sense. Maybe the jar can revive everyone and the black sky has to be stuck into it within X time, but since they didn't have the jar yet when they had the kid in S1, it was too late before they could revive him and still have him be a Black Sky vessel, but not too late to revive Nobu in the same jug.

As for them standing over the grave & then you seeing her in the jar? They can have a funeral without a body. They knew she was dead (at least for now), even if they didn't recover the body. So they can still have her funeral.

I just finished watching Season 2.

If it wasn't for Marvel having so many movies to choose from I would have this show as the best thingI have ever seen from comic books.

All the actors/actresses involved feel and act so very much like the comic book series.

I really believe Charlie Cox as DD and Vincent D'Onofrio is a perfect Kingpin.

Punisher vs DD (my god was this amazing)

Punisher vs Kingpin

Elecktra vs DD

DD/Elecktra vs the Hand

Good god almighty how again is this thread not out posting the rest.

This could very well be the comic book adaptation of all time!

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Edited by NewWorldOrder

We just finished Season 2... and as much as the three of us (myself, wife, and teenage son) all loved Season 1... I think we might have enjoyed this more.

Season 1 was great, but there was just a great variety of storytelling here... and they did such a great job with Castle/Punisher. He's exactly who/what you want him to be. I've never personally enjoyed solo Punisher stuff as much as I have when he's forced to interact with other characters in the Marvel Universe, so the way the used him here with Daredevil was wonderful.

Plus

The use of Fisk was fantastic. Just enough to show it didn't go away and is still basically running things. But not so much that he was the main plot. But also a great opportunity for Season 3.

One thing for Season 3 I wonder if others thought they were teasing...

When Brett the cop was roughed up looking for DD info, I briefly assumed it was Fisk's people, NOT the Hand. Because I feel like the next storyline with Fisk will be him uncovering Matt's secret and dismantling his life. And now with Karen knowing his secret... and now with her editor trying to thrust a drinking problem on her.... I don't know... maybe I was reading WAY too much into that?

Anyway you slice it. ... really looking forward to Luke Cage. Hoping we start to see a bit more character crossover BEFORE Defenders, but if not, so be it.

We just finished Season 2... and as much as the three of us (myself, wife, and teenage son) all loved Season 1... I think we might have enjoyed this more.

Season 1 was great, but there was just a great variety of storytelling here... and they did such a great job with Castle/Punisher. He's exactly who/what you want him to be. I've never personally enjoyed solo Punisher stuff as much as I have when he's forced to interact with other characters in the Marvel Universe, so the way the used him here with Daredevil was wonderful.

Plus

The use of Fisk was fantastic. Just enough to show it didn't go away and is still basically running things. But not so much that he was the main plot. But also a great opportunity for Season 3.

One thing for Season 3 I wonder if others thought they were teasing...

When Brett the cop was roughed up looking for DD info, I briefly assumed it was Fisk's people, NOT the Hand. Because I feel like the next storyline with Fisk will be him uncovering Matt's secret and dismantling his life. And now with Karen knowing his secret... and now with her editor trying to thrust a drinking problem on her.... I don't know... maybe I was reading WAY too much into that?

Anyway you slice it. ... really looking forward to Luke Cage. Hoping we start to see a bit more character crossover BEFORE Defenders, but if not, so be it.

I hope they do the Born Again storyline...just take it easy on Karen...she is really likable in this.

Oh...and bring on Bullseye!!!