• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Finished Season 2 last night. Very good!

Starting to notice some cliches with each of the Netflix shows.

1. Characters do not get their "recognizable costume" until the last episode of the season. e.g. Daredevil and Punisher

2. Any characters from another series only make cameos in the last episode as well (with the exception of the DA). e.g. Claire Temple in Jessica Jones and Jeri Hogarth in Daredevil.

Jon Bernthal Teases the Future of Punisher; Calls Tom Holland “A Force of Nature”

When asked about his hopes for the character, Bernthal said:

"For me, it’s not a question of what they want to do with a character, it’s more, how are they going to do it, and who’s going to be the ones to do it. This character is in my bones now, he’s in my blood. If they want to go forward in any way, for me it’s just really going to be about making sure we do it in a way that’s raw and intense. I want to push the envelope. I wanna alienate more of the audience and try to bring them back."

Elsewhere in the interview, Bernthal talked about his relationship with the young Tom Holland, his Pilgrimage co-star who will make his debut as Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War.

"I worked with Tom intensely in Ireland on the movie that we did; a group of us were all living in a remote part of Western Ireland, eating every meal together, on set all day with each other. And I got to tell you, in all my years in Hollywood, I’m probably more impressed with Tom Holland than anyone else I’ve ever met. For a guy his age, he’s a force of nature. I saw him go through the process of trying to win that role. He fought for it. He just went out and got it. That’s not an easy feat."

Started it yesterday. Got thru Episode 3. Pretty good so far. The DD costume isn't bothering me too much. I still like the MIB costume better.

Great fights scenes as you'd expect (if you had watched Season 1). The stairwell fight was pretty badarse, although it looked a little too much like a video game. The movements didn't look quite right.

Digging the Punisher. JB was a good casting move for the character. A very minor complaint about the character is that his fighting appears to be more that of a brawler. I'd have thought he'd be better versed in some martial arts.

Started it yesterday. Got thru Episode 3. Pretty good so far. The DD costume isn't bothering me too much. I still like the MIB costume better.

Great fights scenes as you'd expect (if you had watched Season 1). The stairwell fight was pretty badarse, although it looked a little too much like a video game. The movements didn't look quite right.

Digging the Punisher. JB was a good casting move for the character. A very minor complaint about the character is that his fighting appears to be more that of a brawler. I'd have thought he'd be better versed in some martial arts.

I think he's just a "brutal" fighter, more to come as the season goes on! (thumbs u

I'm up through episode 4. But I either forget or it hasn't happened yet and I don't mind getting spoiled on this...did Melvin make him a new mask design when he asked him to fix his broken one? If so, anyone seen a side-by-side comparison of the designs?

Got thru a few more episodes including the Elektra intro and some of the backstory with her and Matt. She's great. They did an excellent job casting her.

Karen and Foggy are still annoying.