• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

I said I was going to take in this show slowly this time around, but it's very hard to not binge watch. I'm through EP6 now and thinking of staying up late to catch EP7. Season 2 is just flat out awesome (thus far).

Best damn portrayal of the Punisher and Elektra thus far.

So, they are setting it all up for Born Again season 3, right?

It appears that way. Once I heard him ask for the Murdock files it seemed like that where it is headed.

I wonder if they were going for Born Again this season before Jason Statham dropped out of the Bullseye audition. It would seem to make more sense for Season Three with all the foundation that has been established now between the first two seasons.

It appears that way. Once I heard him ask for the Murdock files it seemed like that where it is headed.

I wonder if they were going for Born Again this season before Jason Statham dropped out of the Bullseye audition. It would seem to make more sense for Season Three with all the foundation that has been established now between the first two seasons.

yeah i think we are going to get the born again for season 3 and that would lead into the defender show. which i think is going to deal with "the Hand". right now Netfllix is 2 to 1 for me 2 great season and one season that was hard for me to finish watching.

I'd wager they're actually setting up "Underboss & Out" from Daredevil vol. 2, # 26-40.

Nearly all the players are already in place. And it makes sense because they wouldn't need Bullseye.

Rather, the storyline includes Wilson & Vanessa Fisk, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Elektra, Jessica Jones and

Spider-Man.

Spoiler-free review:

I just finished Daredevil season 2! Overall, I thought it was fantastic! The addition of Elektra and Punisher was great.

In my opinion, both characters were portrayed well. I'm so glad that Netflix and Marvel did not pull any punches with regard to the Punisher. It would have ruined the character if they did; fortunately he was truly as vicious and unforgiving as the Punisher should be.

I love that the format of season 2 had two distinct storylines (one storyline that I prefer quite a bit over the other) that Daredevil/Murdock had to tackle. Unlike most, I slightly prefer the Jessica Jones show over Daredevil (although I like the character of Daredevil far more). However, the dual storylines featured in Daredevil is something that Jessica Jones lacked and will hopefully have in its season 2.

Some of the Daredevil fight scenes were throw away. I thought it got a bit too "beat em' up". I prefer few fight scenes so that when there are fight scenes, their importance is underscored. I think that there were too many fight scenes this season against hapless goons. Also, a minor point is that I'd like to see Daredevil's armor be put to use more. He often fights goons with firearms but barely ever endures a gunshot.

The cast of characters was great, as it was in season 1. The show really heated up for me in episode 7, I think it was. I actually didn't care too much for the final episode of the season. That aside, the highlight of season 2 in my eyes, was The Punisher. I'm so glad to finally see that character represented well and even happier that this representation is in the Marvel Cinematic/TV universe and not with a complete 3rd party like Sony or Fox.

I'd give Daredevil season 2, a 4.5 out of 5. :)

Yes! Exactly what I thought as well! LOVE Born Again so much I cannot wait to see how they adapt it. Wonder what direction they take Karen Page hm

What timing!

DAREDEVIL's Charlie Cox Wants Bullseye Next

"If we are fortunate enough to continue making the Daredevil series, I can’t imagine doing a run of Daredevil where Bullseye doesn’t show up at some point. It would be great to have him around at some point. Who would play that part I have no idea but I just think there’s such an interesting, rich character there, and also of course, the history that Bullseye has with Karen Page is an interesting dynamic. When you read the comics it’s etched in a Daredevil memory all that stuff."

And with Kingpin...

"I’d love us to explore more of the Wilson Fisk stuff. It’d be great if at some point Vincent D’Onofrio would come back for a season. There’s so much Daredevil-Wilson Fisk left untold. As he really came into his own, as Wilson Fisk turned into the Kingpin at the end of season one, I’d love to see what that now does to the Daredevil-Fisk dynamic going forward if we were to do a season 3 or 4."

Sure enough, what did readers in the comment section post after all this?

'BORN AGAIN'

:whee:

As I posted above, I've never forgiven Kevin Smith for that. _Totally_ stupid & unnecessary, but Quesada clearly loved the idea.

Given that Daredevil hadn't been relevant in years when Smith did that, I wouldn't describe it as "totally" unnecessary. I know I didn't care when I saw it...Karen Page had never seemed as interesting after Elektra came along.

Will finish the series this week! Starting episode 7 tonight! This show is amazeballs!

Wait until you get to the end of 8.

:ohnoez:

Although don't rush. Episodes 6-7 give you plenty to chew on.

:whee: