• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

So as I'm watching season 2 it's starting to grow on me more and more, the idea that Bernthal isn't playing Frank Castle/Punisher so much as he's playing variation of the character Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver.

A few googles later and sure enough they have based the Punisher on DiNiro's Travis Bickle in a big way.

Not that it's bad mind you, but over all I'm not in love with the depiction of Frank, it feels to much like an iconic character I've already seen.

When Punisher shot that guy from his side without looking, I thought Taxi Driver and Will Munny from Unforgiven. Loved it!

I really really hope they decide against putting Daredevil in the Defenders because I'd hate to see this great cast of DD get dragged down by mediocre talent. Besides, DD like Batman is best on his own and not really a team player

Finished it. Love it. Definitely more action packed and went deeper than the first season. Especially liked that the costume is still evolving just like the character himself. The ending did feel a bit rushed though and the end to the Punisher's arch felt a little anti-climatic, but that's just me.

They credited a lot people in the end credits, but I really hope they sent a big fat check to Frank Miller as this is practically a complete retelling of his entire run (with hints of more Miller to come).

Am I the only one that loves that the writers are using Melvin Potter as daredevil's "Q" ?

Am I the only one that loves that the writers are using Melvin Potter as daredevil's "Q" ?

Nope - I like the interaction between the two as well. I am hoping that they keep Melvin more on the side of Angels rather than go down the cliche path of turning him into another DD villain.

Nope - I like the interaction between the two as well. I am hoping that they keep Melvin more on the side of Angels rather than go down the cliche path of turning him into another DD villain.

I think you may see him as a DD villain for a short arc during Season 3, in full Gladiator regalia if for some reason Matt's quest puts whats-her-name in danger or something.

Melvin Potter's Workshop, Daredevil Season 2

Wait, is that Stiltman???

Yes, Melvin Potter is working for DD as his "Q". It's a brilliant bit of writing and plot device. Easy explanation of how DD has these great gadgets and armor.

Besides if something happens to Melvin's wife (whom DD promised to protect ) we may eventually see DD vs Gladiator. Or maybe Stiltman, since the armor is there in the shop.

Melvin Potter's Workshop, Daredevil Season 2

Wait, is that Stiltman???

Yes, Melvin Potter is working for DD as his "Q". It's a brilliant bit of writing and plot device. Easy explanation of how DD has these great gadgets and armor.

Besides if something happens to Melvin's wife (whom DD promised to protect ) we may eventually see DD vs Gladiator. Or maybe Stiltman, since the armor is there in the shop.

An evil Elektra would know about Melvin's workshop and the wife

... that could be a problem for DD.

Just finished episode 4. Punisher story was so well done I'm amazed. Just perfect.

Then to finish the episode with you know who in his apartment? Brilliant. My wife was really annoyed because I called it.

Edited by ChrisInBaltimore

I watched three episodes the other night, might catch a couple tonight.

I like the Matt, Foggy and Karen characters.

Some neat fight scenes with great stunt work.

Some of the show seems a bit silly to me, though.

Like the fight scene where DD and Frank were fighting on the roof and the police were shooting at them and missing, of course. Not that this is unusual for TV or film, but for a show that's attempting to be firmly grounded in reality, stuff like this makes me doh!

Frank kills a dozen armed underworld types who are returning fire, but can't hit Karen or Grotto at the hospital. With a shotgun.

It's okay, like the last season. It's pretty good, but not great, IMO.

Hey, at least we got DD live on TV.

I can't complain (but sometimes I still do).

lol

But I do agree about the roof shooting scene. Though I was loving all the characters and storyline so much, it's like all those positives made me shrug off those few negatives. But it did make me wonder if a certain squad of the police force had been skipping quarterly range qualification time.

(:

Like the fight scene where DD and Frank were fighting on the roof and the police were shooting at them and missing, of course. Not that this is unusual for TV or film, but for a show that's attempting to be firmly grounded in reality, stuff like this makes me doh!

Frank kills a dozen armed underworld types who are returning fire, but can't hit Karen or Grotto at the hospital. With a shotgun.

The thing about the show is, as you keep watching more episodes those things that make us smirk and question their reality or the "realness factor" of the show make more and more sense and your left wanting to watch more and smiling. I'm definitely one to want more out of a superhero show or movie, but not this one. I've never seen such great character development and wittiness. The show is the best hands down.

I also don't know how many would agree, but it's some of the best fight scenes I've ever seen. Of course I say that because it has some of my favorite characters fighting too.

Edited by SpideyFein

It's a huge improvement over his original characterization in the comic. A disgruntled costume designer is more like the type of villain you'd expect to see in Spidey Super Stories than in Daredevil.

I can't read most of this thread at this point. We've only finished the second episode; no time to watch multiple episodes at once and I think I prefer spacing them out anyway.

The thing about the show is, as you keep watching more episodes those things that make us smirk and question their reality or the "realness factor" of the show make more and more sense and your left wanting to watch more and smiling. I'm definitely one to want more out of a superhero show or movie, but not this one. I've never seen such great character development and wittiness. The show is the best hands down.

I also don't know how many would agree, but it's some of the best fight scenes I've ever seen. Of course I say that because it has some of my favorite characters fighting too.

You're right.

I watched three more episodes last night (4-6) and I'm enjoying the series more. :)

Good stuff.

I suppose the problem I'm having is that ever since he was introduced in ASM 129, I never cared for the Punisher character. (Yeah, I know, I know... )

He always struck me as more of a murderous terrorist than any sort of hero, and I've been baffled by his popularity. I never got it.

I'm enjoying the storyline so far in these first 6 episodes, so we'll see.

Looking forward to watching more of the series.

This is addressed in a later Season 2 episode.