• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Did they ever explain why The Hand dug that 40-story hole in the ground?

I think it was speculated that they were building a killer fire pit :insane:

Did they ever explain why The Hand dug that 40-story hole in the ground?

So The Defenders would have something to fight?

"Defend The Gaping Hole" sounds like a different type of show, Tim.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Vincent D'Onofrio Already Knows Kingpin's Next Marvel TV Appearance

Kingpin_Punisher_Daredevil.jpg

Out promoting the Magnificent Seven at the Toronto International Film Festival, Vincent D'Onofrio had nothing but compliments for Marvel Television, Netflix and Jeph Loeb in an interview with LRM.

Said D'Onfrio, "Marvel, the company, and especially Jeff Loeb, who runs Marvel Television, he's a clever dude. All those people over there are pretty clever and they love talent. There's no giant commitment for me at Daredevil. Like I didn't have to sign my life away at all. When Jeff tells me there's something coming up and if I'm available, I'll be there. And because it's written so well, I'm going to show up. I'm going to do everything I can because the writing is so good. And then there's a company like Netflix and they're not pressuring you either. They just want good material, good content. They give you money to make good content, so they're not pressuring actors to sign their life away either.... I think that there's this common ground where they say, 'Look, if the material is good are you going to show up?' and I said, 'Definitely'."

:whee:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

bb7c7840-ceb7-0133-f10b-0a6c20e5e327.gif

I'll second that.

However, I think I'm more excited about the Punisher series than season 3, because as for me The Hand and Elektra were the weaker parts of the show.

Now all we gotta do is get Jason Aaron writing scripts for a Kingpin spin-off! That would be epic!

Jay

Vincent D'Onofrio Already Knows Kingpin's Next Marvel TV Appearance

Kingpin_Punisher_Daredevil.jpg

Out promoting the Magnificent Seven at the Toronto International Film Festival, Vincent D'Onofrio had nothing but compliments for Marvel Television, Netflix and Jeph Loeb in an interview with LRM.

Said D'Onfrio, "Marvel, the company, and especially Jeff Loeb, who runs Marvel Television, he's a clever dude. All those people over there are pretty clever and they love talent. There's no giant commitment for me at Daredevil. Like I didn't have to sign my life away at all. When Jeff tells me there's something coming up and if I'm available, I'll be there. And because it's written so well, I'm going to show up. I'm going to do everything I can because the writing is so good. And then there's a company like Netflix and they're not pressuring you either. They just want good material, good content. They give you money to make good content, so they're not pressuring actors to sign their life away either.... I think that there's this common ground where they say, 'Look, if the material is good are you going to show up?' and I said, 'Definitely'."

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

bb7c7840-ceb7-0133-f10b-0a6c20e5e327.gif

He walked out of his after party and said "who wants my autograph" and proceeded to sign for fans for 15 minutes.

Guy is a class act.

The First Season Of Marvel And Netflix's DAREDEVIL Will Be Released On Blu-ray Next Month

vVo0WSY.png

It was previously reported that the first season of Daredevil was actually set to be made available on home release from October 3, but obviously that never happened. However, Though it's already out in The UK, Marvel has now officially announced that almost 2 years after its debut of Netflix, The Man Without Fear will be making his way to Blu-ray (no word on DVD) on November 8 in North America.

Exclusive: Charlie Cox and Elden Henson Defend Ben Affleck’s Daredevil Film

daredevilcharliecoxfoggy-670x385.png

It’s no secret that Ben Affleck’s 2003 Daredevil film wasn’t very well perceived.

Well, the film apparently has one big fan in current Daredevil actor Charlie Cox. At this weekend’s Wizard World Convention in Pittsburgh, the actor was asked if he thought fans were harder to win over after the poor reception of the first film and while he agreed the film had some problems – he really enjoyed it:

“I actually don’t. I actually think it’s the other way around. When I got cast in Daredevil, a friend of mine, who I was having tea with said he heard that I got that Daredevil role and I was like “Yeah, yeah. Super excited!” and he said “The bar is low.”

Cox continued:

“By the way, I don’t agree with that. I actually really, really liked the film and thought Ben Affleck did a really good job. I think the film is tonally a bit confused [but] I actually really enjoyed it. I think that if you make Spider-Man, and I don’t know much about the other characters to be honest, but if you make Spider-man, for example, you can make a movie for kids and adults and it can have that kind of humor because I think it’s true to the characters for the most part. Daredevil needs to be on a platform like Netflix because the source material is so dark and so complicated and so sinister at times. I think what benefited us so much was that Netflix wanted to make the show with Marvel and we were able to embrace those darker tones.”

Elden Henson (Foggy Nelson) who was with Cox at the panel, also added:

“Just so everyone knows out there – it’s not easy to make a movie. It’s really hard. No one sets out to make a bad movie or disappoint anybody. I think they were [just] making these types of superhero things in a much different way back then.”

I actually like the Daredevil Director's Cut of the movie.

Got my favorite stocking stuffer the other night.

y5qREJm.png

Though I have to say, ABC/Netflix/Marvel/Disney went cheap on packaging. They used a two-disc case to hold four discs (one holder has two discs on top of one another), there was no Digital HD copy with the Blu-Ray set, nor any inserts. And these TV show Blu-ray collections are not cheap. Would have been nice if they included even a little 'history of the characters' card.

Thanks Ike Perlmutter.

(:

'Daredevil' Season 3 Shooting Dates Revealed

daredevil-season-3-production-dates-1016

The beginning of Daredevil Season Three’s production was already slated for October this year, but a new report from MCU Exchange reveals just how long filming is expected to take place.

Production for Daredevil is set to begin October 15 and finish June 30. With cameras set to start rolling in less than two months, we’re likely to begin hearing about casting announcements very soon.

Given the organized chaos that goes into a shoot, these dates are not set in stone. However it gives a clear indication of how long they’re planning to shoot the upcoming series as well as when we can expect to see it on Netflix.

The turnaround for these shows from wrap to hitting Netflix is generally 3-4 months. Of course that all depends on the Marvel schedule for Netflix as well; The Defenders and The Punisher were both in production around the same time with similar wrap dates. But The Punisher will likely hit the streaming platform around three months after The Defenders’ debut last week.