• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

It`s going to be bigger, then the old timer comic book fans think it will be.

People underestimated Guardian of the Galaxy.

Marvel`s on a roll.

Unless the movie is substantially better than what the trailer hints at, Marvel's roll is coming to an abrupt end. GotG had humor, heart and a grand scale that was just terrific - in comparison, Ant-Man looks flat and lifeless.

lol

Marvel`s on a roll.

Unless the movie is substantially better than what the trailer hints at, Marvel's roll is coming to an abrupt end. GotG had humor, heart and a grand scale that was just terrific - in comparison, Ant-Man looks flat and lifeless.

I'll give it a try(matinee). Was totally lost with GotG. Must be getting old.

Now come on, cut Hank some slack. First, they don't put him an Ultron movie. Second, he's got a supporting role in Ant-Man. Third, all of the growing/shrinking he's gone thru in his life. Not to mention all of the different times that he's re-invented himself. Man's got his limits.

Edited by kdoginohio

Marvel`s on a roll.

Based on what we've all seen, I agree with this.

54b43c361b9c4.jpg

Here is a special number.

235 million domestic.

Why am I bringing up that number?

X-Men:Days of Future Past did about 234 million domestic.

Imagine if the lowly Ant-Man could beat X-Men at the box office?

If this happens it would show Hollywood is now a bigger factor in making the characters popular then the comics from which they came.

To me this would be historical and a changing of guard.

54b43c361b9c4.jpg

235 million domestic.

If this happens it would show Hollywood is now a bigger factor in making the characters popular then the comics from which they came.

Big Hero 6 $215MM vs ASM 2 $202MM -it's already happened

54b43c361b9c4.jpg

235 million domestic.

Except I don't think that is an apt comparison. That would be like saying Wreck-it Ralph vs ASM (granted ASM does beat it by about 15 million) but the point is it was not a SUPERHERO movie. It was a kids movie that just so happened to use an obscure set of characters from a Marvel comic.

If Ant Man beats X-men in the box office (and I would be surprised if it did, it was the first Marvel trailer where my opinion was meh) then it says more about how important the Marvel stinger at the front of the movie is, similar to the "It's HBO" stinger was for HBO shows and that the Marvel brand is just capable of driving asses into seats no matter how recognizable the characters are.

Theoretically Marvel Studios is getting to the point where they could start just creating "Marvel Movies" based solely on new -script ideas and taking nothing from the comic book world and it would still make tons of cash.

For some reason I don't think anyone has posted the Yellowjacket concept art (at least not this version)

54b443fce4e02_large.jpg

That was the one I posted last week, though no harm in bringing it up again.

My question is does that match what Yellowjacket ended up looking like in the comic books? I didn't remember him with the spider arms.

54b43c361b9c4.jpg

235 million domestic.

Except I don't think that is an apt comparison. That would be like saying Wreck-it Ralph vs ASM (granted ASM does beat it by about 15 million) but the point is it was not a SUPERHERO movie. It was a kids movie that just so happened to use an obscure set of characters from a Marvel comic.

If Ant Man beats X-men in the box office (and I would be surprised if it did, it was the first Marvel trailer where my opinion was meh) then it says more about how important the Marvel stinger at the front of the movie is, similar to the "It's HBO" stinger was for HBO shows and that the Marvel brand is just capable of driving asses into seats no matter how recognizable the characters are.

Theoretically Marvel Studios is getting to the point where they could start just creating "Marvel Movies" based solely on new -script ideas and taking nothing from the comic book world and it would still make tons of cash.

GOTG $333MM vs ASM 2 $202MM - it's already happened. Currently, the Ant-Man "stock" is estimating $200MM domestic BO. If Avengers is well received and does the $500-600MM people are expecting, i could see Ant-Man riding it's coattails to $250MM (i also thought the teaser trailer was lame)

You can already see the residual effects of the avengers in the movies that followed

IM3, Thor 2, Captain America 2 all did better after Avengers came out

it should be interesting if the movie isn't great but ok how the $ will be despite the Avengers/Marvel logo

Ant-Man movie site goes live.

ANT-MAN @ Marvel.com

-------------------

ANT-MAN STORY

The next evolution of the Marvel Cinematic Universe brings a founding member of The Avengers to the big screen for the first time with Marvel Studios’ “Ant-Man.” Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, master thief Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.

-------------------

Folks new to the character probably are going to be confused when they read 'founding member of The Avengers', not realizing how far back this character goes in the comic books.