• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

I think my biggest gripe is that I don't feel like Ant-Man is a strong enough character to warrant his own movie.

Kinda like how there are no solo movies for Hawkeye, Jean Grey, or the Invisible Woman. These are secondary characters compared to the major players who have already had movies. These secondary characters only really work if they are in a movie with a stronger lead or an ensemble.

Look to the actual comics for guidance…there hasn't been a solo Ant-Man title until recently. I know Hawkeye has had a solo title in the past and his current solo title is getting great reviews, but did anyone think a Hawkeye solo title would be successful?

I guess your theory will be tested this summer.

Ant-Man a secondary character taking on major players like the Fantastic Four who had movies.

Does anybody think Ant-Man will beat the Fantastic Four at the box office this summer? hm

Wouldn`t that be something?

A flagship core group of Marvel heroes getting beat by Ant-Man.

If that happens then the movie hype speculative game has definitely changed.

I think my biggest gripe is that I don't feel like Ant-Man is a strong enough character to warrant his own movie.

Kinda like how there are no solo movies for Hawkeye, Jean Grey, or the Invisible Woman. These are secondary characters compared to the major players who have already had movies. These secondary characters only really work if they are in a movie with a stronger lead or an ensemble.

Look to the actual comics for guidance…there hasn't been a solo Ant-Man title until recently. I know Hawkeye has had a solo title in the past and his current solo title is getting great reviews, but did anyone think a Hawkeye solo title would be successful?

I guess your theory will be tested this summer.

Ant-Man a secondary character taking on major players like the Fantastic Four who had movies.

Does anybody think Ant-Man will beat the Fantastic Four at the box office this summer? hm

Wouldn`t that be something?

GUARANTEED if for studio alone... GUARANTEED.

That'd kinda be like Spider-Man getting beat by some F-listers like...oh, say Guardians of the Galaxy.

:hi:

That'd kinda be like Spider-Man getting beat by some F-listers like...oh, say Guardians of the Galaxy.

Yup. I think Disney/Marvel will continue to make better movies. They respect the fans and audience and are in it for the long haul. They genuinely care and that's what's missing from Sony and Fox.

Maybe Evangelline Lilly opening a case during the closing credits to reveal 'The Wasp" costume?

Sets up Antman 2 straight away.......

Maybe Evangelline Lilly opening a case during the closing credits to reveal 'The Wasp" costume?

Sets up Antman 2 straight away.......

Far as I'm concerned, she can just stand lay there breathing. :cloud9:

FTFY lol

Or TMNT getting beat by say... GotG?

This says a lot about what we won't get to see in the film.

Joss Whedon Says Edgar Wright's ANT-MAN -script Was "The Best -script That Marvel Had Ever Had

Well, according to Joss Whedon (who directed The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron), in a recent interview with BuzzFeed, Edgar Wright's Ant-Man -script was the best he's read, and the best -script Marvel has ever had. Read his thoughts below!

“I don’t get it, I thought the -script was not only the best -script that Marvel had ever had, but the most Marvel -script I’d read. I had no interest in Ant-Man. [Then] I read the -script, and was like, Of course! This is so good! It reminded me of the books when I read them. Irreverent and funny and could make what was small large, and vice versa. I don’t know where things went wrong. But I was very sad. Because I thought, This is a no-brainer. This is Marvel getting it exactly right. Whatever dissonance that came, whatever it was, I don’t understand why it was bigger than a marriage that seemed so right. But I’m not going to say it was definitely all Marvel, or Edgar’s gone mad! I felt like they would complement each other by the ways that they were different. And, uh, somethin’ happened.”

Yup. I think Disney/Marvel will continue to make better movies. They respect the fans and audience and are in it for the long haul. They genuinely care and that's what's missing from Sony and Fox.

Care about what?

Fans?

Audience?

Money?

The bottom line?

Adherence to comic book plots?

What?