• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

So was it ever decided that Hope Van Dyne was actually going to be The Wasp, or do we think that's for Ant-Man #2, probably along with him also becoming Giant Man as well?

Anyone know?

So was it ever decided that Hope Van Dyne was actually going to be The Wasp, or do we think that's for Ant-Man #2, probably along with him also becoming Giant Man as well?

Anyone know?

I'm not sure taking the Giant Man approach would make a lot of sense in terms of the casual viewership. hm

Really? :foryou:

I guess I haven't put a lot of thought into it, I just assumed (I know, dangerous to do in comicdom) that Giant-Man would be the next step, leading into both him, and The Wasp joining the Avengers?

After a walking tree and talking Racoon, I didn't think a guy who can grow as well as shrink would be a problem.

What is your main concern re the introduction of Giant Man from the audiences POV?

I guess I haven't put a lot of thought into it, I just assumed (I know, dangerous to do in comicdom) that Giant-Man would be the next step, leading into both him, and The Wasp joining the Avengers?

After a walking tree and talking Racoon, I didn't think a guy who can grow as well as shrink would be a problem.

What is your main concern re the introduction of Giant Man from the audiences POV?

There were rumors of him becoming Giant Man in CA3.

Sorry, I should have elaborated my point more from the get-go!

I'm thinking from the standpoint of how to promote a movie as part of a franchise. I imagine that it would be confusing for someone who knows nothing about comics that does enjoy Ant-Man, who is looking forward to an Ant-Man 2 but instead is told that they're changing it up and introducing Giant-Man. It could feel like a bait and switch. For the uneducated critics, it may just seem plain cheesy.

All of that said...

From the comic fan standpoint, I agree that it makes perfect sense and I would be thrilled if they did go that route. :foryou:

Edited by Liaton-9000

There were rumors of him becoming Giant Man in CA3.

On that note, since they don't appear to be going the Ant-Man 2 route (a fact which slipped my mind), then Giant-Man appearing alongside an ensemble is very plausible.