• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Value Comics - best place to sell

17 posts in this topic

Hi there, question for those of you that buy high and sell end comics...I have a high value comic (upwards of 10k) that I just sent off to CGC for grading with the intention of selling it. I'm an Ebay seller. Do you guys recommend Ebay for buying/selling high value books, or do you use auction houses like Heritage Auctions? Just wondering the best route to take to sell this book. Thanks!

The boards here are seriously a good place to sell, though buyers can be fickle with new boardies and no feedback. If you do plan to sell in the market here, there are some very specific rules to follow before listing, so do your homework first. But expensive books sell here all the time, and you can't find a more serious group of collectors than on these boards.

Personally, I'd avoid directly selling ebay if you're talking a $10k book or more. For that, I'd probably consider one of the auction houses. I've had great experiences with both ComicConnect and ComicLink. By using an auction house, you can reduce your exposure to risk of fraud, etc and the auction house will also promote your listing and generate interest. There are actually a few consignment companies that work through ebay (SparkleCity, for one) that can also help you with minimizing risk and generating the best sale for your book.

for the right book, there are plenty of buyers here on the boards, and you, as the seller, will save 10-20% in fees...

knowing what the book is, would help direct you to the best sales avenue

whats the comic? any scans. I reckon you get a better price here and sell it faster than anywhere.

If you consign it would take many weeks to get your money - 20% consignment fee.

I'd rather have all of the money in my own pocket.

Sell it here

We can post comics for sale here?

In the sales forum area, yes.

Thanks for the extra clarification Balls. (thumbs u

The thing new people tend to miss are the marketplace rules.

good luck, I suggest waiting till you get the feel of the place & be careful with any language that could be considered by someone else as accepting a deal and/or offer.

2c

If you don't sell comics on eBay and then offer a single high-value book you may run into the problem that some potential bidders will suspect a scam. At the least, you should explain in the listing how you came to have the book.

While doing so might allay the fears of some buyers, I would guess you would still realize more by going the auction house route.