• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

If facebook is any indication of the general populace then F4 mignt be in trouble. Lot of people are either making fun of or are freaked out by a naked thing-less Thing. :eek:

Seriously. I mean, one of the best Kevin Smith gags is Brody asking Stan Lee about whether the Thing's dork is made of orange rock too. There's gotta be those things that are left to the imagination.

Well, it looks like the Thing is gonna be nude for part of the movie. :facepalm:

:sick:
Yup, there is an image making the rounds on facebook with a lifesize thing in the buff at some sort of consumer expo only all the lettering on the promotional items was in spanish.

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/20/the-fantastic-four-crush-and-clobber-in-new-soda-promo/

Boy the internet is having a field day with this nude And thing-less Thing and I'm loving it. It's BOBBITTING TIME! :roflmao:

If facebook is any indication of the general populace then F4 mignt be in trouble. Lot of people are either making fun of or are freaked out by a naked thing-less Thing. :eek:

hm

I'm kind of okay with them not wearing costumes in this film since they don't put on the iconic blue jumpsuits until, what?, FF#3? Reed just looks too young, Michael B. Jordan seems like he's forcing himself to be cocky as Johnny Storm and Doom looks like he's 15 under the mask. I'll give it a shot, but on Blu-Ray.

I will say this from the previews this movie looks a million times better than the new Terminator.

Doctor Doom actually looks good. hm

I have a weird feeling this movie isn't going to back fire and Marvel is now that much further away from getting the movie rights back for FF.

I will say this from the previews this movie looks a million times better than the new Terminator.

I have a weird feeling this movie isn't going to back fire and Marvel is now that much further away from getting the movie rights back for FF.

An unpopular opinion, but one that I am willing to agree with. It's bittersweet!

Wow. Time to get your eyes checked, friend.

I have 20 10 version friend.

Yes this Doom obviously looks a lot better than the Nip Tuck version.

Sorry... I think Doom looks like a rejected Electro design from ASM2 wrapped in a dirty silver blanket with a random green hooded cape over top. I think he still looks awful. Actually somehow worse than the 2 versions of Doom from the earlier movies. And those were horrible.

I'm with you on this one... I am really looking forward to seeing this movie and I certainly think it will be better than the so called internet critics would have us belief.

In all honesty I have never seen such negativity about a film and most of it started before a single shot had been seen. (shrug) It's almost like once people started being negative they couldn't stoop no matter what Fox through our way.

Personally I like to wait till I see a movie before I judge

I'm gonna see it eventually, but the trailers have been kinda blah.

I've been negative about this movie because almost all of the news that has come out on this has been akin to the Sony-leaked suggestions of Spidey having an exclusive snapchat circle & being all about EDM. They're bad ideas that no matter how you execute, can make them less bad or more bad but will never make them good. Blogger Doom & naked Thing & pointless adoption plot added to justify having the siblings be of different races & on and on.

I mean, I'm digging that they're kinda going Ultimate FF with it & negative zone with the powers. That works for me because the space explorer thing doesn't make much sense today unless they go a Planetary/The Four route with their origin. But the vast majority of the news out of this movie has been "that's an interesting idea. It sounds nothing like the FF or Doom but it's an interesting idea".

I'm with you on this one... I am really looking forward to seeing this movie and I certainly think it will be better than the so called internet critics would have us belief.

In all honesty I have never seen such negativity about a film and most of it started before a single shot had been seen. (shrug) It's almost like once people started being negative they couldn't stoop no matter what Fox through our way.

Personally I like to wait till I see a movie before I judge

Some fan boys can only exist on negativity.

That eliminates most of the 45 and older male non-comic book fans.

They've already alienated most of the old school FF fans.

Male lead? Miles Teller? Michael B. Jordan? Neither of those guys has a blockbuster under their belt.

Opens in August....

If this movies breaks $200M (and with the reshoots and additional advertising, it's budget will be at least that) it will be a miracle.