• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

OR, Marvel desires to roll out some of the stories that really made it stand out back in the 60's and 70's when it comes to key characters such a Galactus, Silver Surfer, the Skrulls, Mole Man, Dr. Doom and Impossible Man.

I'd take that stupid asinine character off of that list. He appeared only twice from 1961 to 1976. I generally can't stand impish characters, so screw that noise. :)

I'd put the Wizard, Thundra or Diablo in there instead as a "key" FF character. Hell, The Brute and Darkoth are more important characters to the FF than Impossible Man is.

One thing a Marvel movie has capitalized on is humor. It's one of the reasons their franchises are so successful.

I can see the Impossible Man being used not as a primary story line but for comic relief.

And issue #176 is one of the best storylines every. (worship)

It was Deadpool level comedy decades before there was a Deadpool.

Who's going to win this dumb game of chicken?

Disney / Marvel.

I'm pretty sure their net worth is multiples of what Fox's is.

Fox is owned by the News Corporation, i.e. Rupert Murdoch. Calculating the net assets of that conglomerate and weighing it against Disney's is a tough thing to do. All I could really say is I have no idea except that Murdoch owns a bigger chunk of the planet's media than anyone else.

Just compare market cap of each.

DIS = 188.1 Bil

NWS = 8.18Bil

DIS/NWS = 23X

By that metric I'd say Disney pretty much trounces News Corp.

I can see the Impossible Man being used not as a primary story line but for comic relief.

And issue #176 is one of the best storylines every. (worship)

It was Deadpool level comedy decades before there was a Deadpool.

One man's crapola is another man's treasure.

Enjoy your crapola, Roy. :)

OR, Marvel desires to roll out some of the stories that really made it stand out back in the 60's and 70's when it comes to key characters such a Galactus, Silver Surfer, the Skrulls, Mole Man, Dr. Doom and Impossible Man.

I'd take that stupid asinine character off of that list. He appeared only twice from 1961 to 1976. I generally can't stand impish characters, so screw that noise. :)

I'd put the Wizard, Thundra or Diablo in there instead as a "key" FF character. Add in Dragon Man & the Mad Thinker as well. Hell, The Brute and Darkoth are more important characters to the FF than Impossible Man is.

There are so many fun and crazy characters throughout that whole franchise.

I added Impossible Man only because he could be quite funny in Marvel Studios' hands. Definitely not someone to be a big plot point.

Disney / Marvel.

Fox is owned by the News Corporation, i.e. Rupert Murdoch. Calculating the net assets of that conglomerate and weighing it against Disney's is a tough thing to do. All I could really say is I have no idea except that Murdoch owns a bigger chunk of the planet's media than anyone else.

I've got a book coming out in November, you should pick it up. Would blow your mind how much Murdoch does NOT own in media. He is by FAR not the largest owner of the planets media.

Disney / Marvel.

I've got a book coming out in November, you should pick it up. Would blow your mind how much Murdoch does NOT own in media. He is by FAR not the largest owner of the planets media.

There was this guy at my local PO, Burbank Main, named "Miles." He was the janitor. He had published a book about his close encounters with aliens and near-death experiences.

He was always trying to get people to buy it.

Disney / Marvel.

There was this guy at my local PO, Burbank Main, named "Miles." He was the janitor. He had published a book about his close encounters with aliens and near-death experiences.

He was always trying to get people to buy it.

lol Who was his publisher? Mine has been a pain in the .

hqdefault.jpg

Just compare market cap of each.

DIS = 188.1 Bil

NWS = 8.18Bil

There's no way that number incorporates the child corporations of News Corp.

Could you elaborate? How do you arrive at a different number or estimate? Quantitatively...

If you are somehow inferring the spinoff of 21st Century Fox corp, it is no longer part of News Corp.

Would blow your mind how much Murdoch does NOT own in media. He is by FAR not the largest owner of the planets media.

Who exceeds him?

:taptaptap: Trying to get the info instead of paying the $150 for my book??? Not cool. As of when I calculated the numbers (September 2014) the Murdoch family ranked 12th in the world. That included all of their holdings in Newspapers, Satellite (BSkyB), cable TV (Fox news etc) Broadcast, Magazines, Books, online websites etc. The Marinho family (which owns Globo) owns much more then the Murdoch family (about 9 billion dollars more) and that is not including institutional or government owners (China is by far the larges owner of Media no matter how it is measured (By viewing time, by number of viewers, by revenue, by value etc.)) State street is the largest institutional owner (with about $70 billion dollars worth of media holdings)

If you are somehow inferring the spinoff of 21st Century Fox corp, it is no longer part of News Corp.

Hmm, I didn't realize that. That company and its parent is far easier to find a value for--about $55 billion as compared to Disney's $75 billion. They both sound like super heavyweights to me.