• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Trank's comment probably cost the studio millions. It'd be interesting to know if they have a case to sue him, but since he deleted it so fast I'm not sure they can even prove he said it.

It did a little better overseas, $34,100,009 = Worldwide: $60,300,000. But yea after opening weekend it's not even at half of the production budget. And assume a monster drop off next weekend.

The problem is, fanboys aren't making these films. These Wunderkind directors/film companies need a panel of folks that actually know the characters to smack them with a rolled up newspaper when they want to change things to the point of absurdity. if another FF film is made, let it take place years after the origin. Sooooooooooo tired of re-boots!

From everything I've heard, that's not the case for Deadpool. Everyone who matters involved on the production has been in love with the source material since way before the project was greenlight. It wouldn't have happened without the overwhelming response to the accidentally-leaked test footage, which is when they finally said yes to the dream team who was already pushing for it. That goes for the screenwriters and producers all the way down to the stunt guys they managed to bring onboard.

And that's why Deadpool will succeed. :applause:

This is so bad.

Studio Interference:

“Some who worked on the film say Trank was driven to the breaking point by the studio, which delayed casting and -script approvals, slashed the budget by tens of millions from what was originally promised, and tried to force last-minute changes to the film just as principal photography was beginning, creating confusion and stress from the get-go that often boiled over among department heads trying to put together pieces of a movie that was still in flux.”

And the Collider movie crew talked extensively about these details.

This is how I envision it happening too. It's easy to vilify someone when you have an entire corporation fighting over creative vision.

Right now Fox is looking ridiculous. More ridiculous than ever before for meddling.

This is so bad.

Studio Interference:

“Some who worked on the film say Trank was driven to the breaking point by the studio, which delayed casting and -script approvals, slashed the budget by tens of millions from what was originally promised, and tried to force last-minute changes to the film just as principal photography was beginning, creating confusion and stress from the get-go that often boiled over among department heads trying to put together pieces of a movie that was still in flux.”

This is how I envision it happening too. It's easy to vilify someone when you have an entire corporation fighting over creative vision.

Right now Fox is looking ridiculous. More ridiculous than ever before for meddling.

Reminds me of Kevin Smith and his YouTube telling of his time writing the -script for the Superman Lives failed movie. Far to often the people with the money get involved and force those who know better to make changes.

This is so bad.

Studio Interference:

Reminds me of Kevin Smith and his YouTube telling of his time writing the -script for the Superman Lives failed movie. Far to often the people with the money get involved and force those who know better to make changes.

I've never understood why people like that would even want to be in the movie business if they don't even trust the people they hire to do their job.

This is so bad.

Studio Interference:

Some who worked on the film say Trank was driven to the breaking point by the studio, which delayed casting and -script approvals, slashed the budget by tens of millions from what was originally promised, and tried to force last-minute changes to the film just as principal photography was beginning, creating confusion and stress from the get-go that often boiled over among department heads trying to put together pieces of a movie that was still in flux.

I've never understood why people like that would even want to be in the movie business if they don't even trust the people they hire to do their job.

Money.

That's always the answer.

Have you ever had an employee? It's tough having people work for you, especially when they don't see things the way you do.

Wow -- I'm surprised at how far off I was in my $45-50 million prediction of 5-6 days ago. But, given the day-by-day acceleration of this train wreck since last Wednesday, it hasn't been surprising for awhile.

The most damning data point so far?

Mashable's reporting even Ghost Rider 2 had a higher per-screen average take than did FF its opening weekend ($6,968 vs. $6,558), and that's not even accounting for inflation.

Ouch.

Ok, just saw FF as a matinee. It's not all bad, but no action. There's only really the last 15 min. I just read an article how Fox f'd with the director - again! Took away 3 fight scenes. Thing is cool looking, torch is creepy cool. Like most non marvel movies, could have been so much better. Even Doom was kinda cool.

So, so sad. :( Still, cant wait to see Deadpool!

BLEEDING COOL: Putting The Response To The Fantastic Four Into Perspective

20th Century Fox’s latest attempt to bring the Fantastic Four to the big screen has not been received well by critics. The website Rotten Tomatoes pulls together all of the reviews for the film and comes up with a percentage of being “fresh”… the Josh Trank film came in at 9%. To compare that to two other recently released films gives you a better idea of just what that means. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation is sitting at 93% and Ant-Man is at 79%.

- Spider-Man 3, 63%

- Amazing Spider-Man 2, 53%

- Daredevil. 44%

- X-Men Origins: Wolverine, 38%

- Green Lantern, 26%

- Fantastic Four, 27%

- Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer, 36%

- Ghost Rider, 26%

- Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance, 17%

- The Spirit, 14%

- Superman IV: The Quest For Peace, 12%

- Batman And Robin, 11%

- Elektra 10%

Wow!

It's bad, but it's definitely not as bad as Batman and Robin or Superman IV. That's just insulting. The first 80% is a marginally passable sci-fi movie, even if there was zero character development or chemistry between the cast. The last tacked on ending just ruined everything.

It's bad, but it's definitely not as bad as Batman and Robin or Superman IV. That's just insulting. The first 80% is a marginally passable sci-fi movie, even if there was zero character development or chemistry between the cast. The last tacked on ending just ruined everything.

I'll still want to see it at least once. And I'm one of those that really likes the Daredevil Director's Cut.