• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Marvelous Da7e 80

---------------------

I think the only way this works is if Josh Trank has cracked something about the family dynamic of the Four, and the caliber of the actors he has filling those roles make it a distinct possibility. However, showing me a recognizable Fantastic Four right out of the gate is feigning in the “honoring the Four” direction. We’ll have to see what marketing looks like moving forward, because I’m not sure how much recognizable stuff should be shoe-horned into how this movie is sold to the public. I think this movie could be a really cool take on the characters, at least that’s how I balance the equation against all the rumors we’ve been hearing about a troubled production. I can see a very unique entry in the superhero blockbuster genre being scary to certain bottom-line people, which is the whole fear around things like Edgar Wright being taken off Ant-Man. If Trank has a vision he can shephard through, FF could rule. But is the marketing capable of making a good movie a wash?

---------------------

This is probably the general feeling out there. If you are not going to follow the original design of the characters, at least make it about the family bond between them that at least makes this recognizable.

Looking forward to more trailers and details.

:popcorn:

At least embed the Trailer. :D

I just realized that I own the same car Johnny Storm is working on at 0:48. Yes! :banana:

Really?

Yep! It's a Toyota MR2 from the 80's. She's been in the shop for a month. :cry:

MR2_zpsba986eba.jpg

Stan Lee On The FANTASTIC FOUR Teaser Trailer

----------------------

On the (perhaps) more science fiction than superhero element:

“I didn’t see anything that looks superhero-ish,” Lee said. “They look like regular people doing regular things. Until they get their powers, of course. And we’ll see what becomes of that.”

----------------------

On inevitable changes that happen when a property is translated into other media:

“I have nothing against change,” Lee said. “They’ve certainly changed a lot of my characters. Thor in the comics started as a doctor who walked with a cane and yet when they changed that for the movies, it was wonderful. I have no problem with that at all.”

----------------------

On backlash from some fans regarding the casting of Johnny Storm (played by Michael B. Jordan). The traditionally white character is black in the new FF movie:

“I have nothing against black characters, and I think there should be more black heroes,” Lee said. “I always figure change is good if it improves a thing. And sometimes, you need change if you feel people have seen the same thing over and over, too many times.”

----------------------

On if he will have a cameo appearance in the flick:

“I haven’t heard anything about it,” Lee said. “I don’t know where they’re shooting it. If it’s too far away, then maybe not. A special pickup shot in L.A. is always nice, though. They know how to reach me!”

----------------------

Stan Lee On The FANTASTIC FOUR Teaser Trailer

----------------------

On the (perhaps) more science fiction than superhero element:

“I didn’t see anything that looks superhero-ish,” Lee said. “They look like regular people doing regular things. Until they get their powers, of course. And we’ll see what becomes of that.”

----------------------

On inevitable changes that happen when a property is translated into other media:

“I have nothing against change,” Lee said. “They’ve certainly changed a lot of my characters. Thor in the comics started as a doctor who walked with a cane and yet when they changed that for the movies, it was wonderful. I have no problem with that at all.”

----------------------

On backlash from some fans regarding the casting of Johnny Storm (played by Michael B. Jordan). The traditionally white character is black in the new FF movie:

“I have nothing against black characters, and I think there should be more black heroes,” Lee said. “I always figure change is good if it improves a thing. And sometimes, you need change if you feel people have seen the same thing over and over, too many times.”

----------------------

On if he will have a cameo appearance in the flick:

“I haven’t heard anything about it,” Lee said. “I don’t know where they’re shooting it. If it’s too far away, then maybe not. A special pickup shot in L.A. is always nice, though. They know how to reach me!”

----------------------

Such a cool guy.

I just realized that I own the same car Johnny Storm is working on at 0:48. Yes! :banana:

Really?

MR2_zpsba986eba.jpg

My car is out of the shop! :banana:

Yes, I just responded to myself.

Really?

MR2_zpsba986eba.jpg

I wanted to say MR2 but wasn't sure!

Really?

MR2_zpsba986eba.jpg

I wanted to say MR2 but wasn't sure!

:applause:

Really?

MR2_zpsba986eba.jpg

lol

Not laughing at your car. Just your humor.

:foryou:

Doctor Doom Central To Fantastic Four; X-Men Crossover Possible

--------------------

Screenwriter Simon Kinberg says Doom will be a central element in the film and is a bit more well rounded than the average supervillain. “He has aspirations and struggles that are a little bit more classically tragic than the other characters,” Kinberg told Entertainment Weekly. “As much as it’s an origin story of our heroes, it also tracks how someone can become a villain.”

Besides writing the -script for Fantastic Four, Kinberg also wrote screenplays for X-Men: Days Of Future Past and X-Men: Apocalypse, and EW wanted to know if there was a chance that Fox would have a crossover event with both of their comic book properties. “The reboot of FanFour really needed to work in and of itself,” he explained. “We were doing something pretty radical with the tone of the movie. If we wanted to find a way to connect them to the X-Men, we could. There’s a lot of precedent from the comics.”

--------------------

FANTASTIC FOUR Trailer Breaks Records For Fox; Simon Kinberg Comments On Success

20th Century Fox has revealed today that the first trailer for Fantastic Four was viewed 42 million times within the few days of its release. That breaks their current record, topping the the X-Men: Days of Future Past teaser.

An Alternate Trailer For FANTASTIC FOUR Is Secretly Playing With KINGSMAN

---------------------

And now that the Matthew Vaughn-helmed adaptation of a Mark Millar comic has opened in the states, people have reported seeing an alternate version of the trailer attached to it. An IMDb user says the new scenes replace the shot of Reed presumably in the Negatize Zone stretching his arm off-screen and show "what looks like the Human torch flying" before a new shot of "someone being thrown into a mountain" alongside "someone with blue lightning flying".

---------------------