• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

FORBES: The 'Fantastic Four' Trailer Is Here And It's Pretty Good

----------------------

To paraphrase a certain new-classic pop song, The Fantastic Four is gonna be a franchise or it’s gonna go down in flames. But I for one hope that the high is worth the pain. I would love for all the naysaying to be wrong and for Josh Trank to deliver a genuinely different looking and different feeling superhero film that stands out from the crowd. I would love for the film to click and for this seemingly very different superhero film to work both artistically and financially. Sure, Fox only made the film in order to keep the rights, but if we’re getting a new movie, it might as well be a vastly different one from what came before. Point being, this teaser does the key job of marketing. I want to see this film now more than I did before I saw said teaser trailer.

----------------------

The worst thing about that trailer was the forced dramatic voiceover. Beyond that it was about average. Definitely doesn't make me want to run out and see it. Wouldn't kick it out of bed if it were a torrent tho.

At least one person really was...but I do other stuff, and don't memorize the website. Really just wanted to see if anyone else saw the trailer...didn't really give it much more thought than that.

No reason to 'memorize the website'. We are trying to make sure there aren't multiple threads on the same topic so as to keep the sub-forum clean.

:foryou:

FORBES: The 'Fantastic Four' Trailer Is Here And It's Pretty Good

----------------------

To paraphrase a certain new-classic pop song, The Fantastic Four is gonna be a franchise or it’s gonna go down in flames. But I for one hope that the high is worth the pain. I would love for all the naysaying to be wrong and for Josh Trank to deliver a genuinely different looking and different feeling superhero film that stands out from the crowd. I would love for the film to click and for this seemingly very different superhero film to work both artistically and financially. Sure, Fox only made the film in order to keep the rights, but if we’re getting a new movie, it might as well be a vastly different one from what came before. Point being, this teaser does the key job of marketing. I want to see this film now more than I did before I saw said teaser trailer.

----------------------

Three things I think would make this a surprise hit.

1. One of the FF dies unexpectedly.

2. Silver Surfer appears.

3. Galactus appears.

Those three things would change the perception about this movie fast.

At least one person really was...but I do other stuff, and don't memorize the website. Really just wanted to see if anyone else saw the trailer...didn't really give it much more thought than that.

No reason to 'memorize the website'. We are trying to make sure there aren't multiple threads on the same topic so as to keep the sub-forum clean.

:foryou:

In defense of the OP, I don't think he is alone. I know this sub forum was around for at least a little while before I realized it. There never was a formal announcement in CG that I ever saw...

That appears to be a small prop plane being sucked into that vortex.

W4HGxrv.png

The only thing I thought of in connection with the FF and a prop plane was that Wyatt Wingfoot flew a plane. I think.

Hopefully they saved some money on production costs by using the same scene from Halo.

halo-3-teaser-l.jpg

The sound of crickets at www.marvel.com as to FF.

Plenty of attention to tonight's Agent Carter episode, who will be Purple Man on DD and JJ, some new Secret Wars stuff. Marvel isn't going to help Fox promote FF one bit.

That appears to be a small prop plane being sucked into that vortex.

W4HGxrv.png

The only thing I thought of in connection with the FF and a prop plane was that Wyatt Wingfoot flew a plane. I think.

hm

The sound of crickets at www.marvel.com as to FF.

Plenty of attention to tonight's Agent Carter episode, who will be Purple Man on DD and JJ, some new Secret Wars stuff.

I have noticed Marvel will advertise other studio movies on their site. Even older movies like Daredevil and X2. But you really have to dig sometimes to find them.

It may be part of their partnership contracts.