• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Is mr fantastic the kid from whiplash?

I liked this actor in Whiplash, but then recently saw him (again) in the latest Divergent series flick.

I don't think he's cut out for anything where he tries to be tough -- in any sense of the word.

While checking out his credits on IMDb, saw that Fantastic Four 2 is already a go?

I liked this actor in Whiplash, but then recently saw him (again) in the latest Divergent series flick.

I don't think he's cut out for anything where he tries to be tough -- in any sense of the word.

I thought the same thing about Keanu Reeves before I saw the first trailer to Point Break. lol

They made transformers 2, 3 etc. doesn't mean they shouldn't have. This was Fox's to print money. In this day it's just required that films appease the fanboy. Why they feel the need to A) diverge to appeal to a larger demographic (pandering), and B) take so many creative liberties with core aspects of the material amazes me. It's like the simple price of admission when making films in this genre.

I thought the same thing about Keanu Reeves before I saw the first trailer to Point Break. lol

Fair enough, but he already tried to be a tough guy in INSURGENT (and the earlier DIVERGENT) and it didn't take.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Fair enough, but he already tried to be a tough guy in INSURGENT (and the earlier DIVERGENT) and it didn't take.

Not to mention CONVERGENT and DETERGENT.

(In which he focuses on becoming clean)

Maybe this will be the movie that convinces Fox to sell back or "share" the FF with Marvel Studios.

I'm just hoping it tanks so FF 1 remains mildly affordable :wishluck:

I agree with that he really didn't come off as a worthy rival to Shailene Woodley in Divergent (haven't seen the new one yet), which is odd because they had so much chemistry as boyfriend/girlfriend in The Spectacular Now. You would think they would know each other by then to take some risks as enemies. But, then again Ansel Egort played her conflicted brother rather unconvincingly in the Divergent movies as well, after he so winningly played her lover in The Fault in Our Stars. Maybe these young crop of men are better lovers than fighters? But, there's no denying how much he fought back as his soul was being ripped apart in Whiplash. He contributed to JK Simmons performance just as much as Simmons did and was definitely worthy of an Oscar nod (despite having two major franchises in the works).