• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Sue Storm looks more Sue Storm to me than Alba did. Not enough of a reason for me to go see this one though.

Someday, someone will wise up and go animated, aimed at kids and right out of the Silver Age for the FF. Then we can all rejoice.

I thought the 2006 animated series on the Cartoon Network came close.

Not only for Jack Kirby fans, but for John Byrne fans as well.

I was pleasantly surprised when I watched it.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I wouldn't have cast her as Sue Storm. But I sure wouldn't consider her ugly.

Neither do I. I just don't consider her attractive.

Really? I'd agree she isn't who I pictured as Sue Storm, but I'd never say she isn't attractive. Have you seen anything she's in? She has a quality that I've always liked.

Edited by Official Chris S.

Miles Teller Indicates That The Classic Costumes WILL Appear IN FANTASTIC FOUR

-------------------

The lack of the classic costumes emblazoned with the "4" logo has upset a lot of comic book fans however, but Miles Teller may have now given them a reason to chill out. Talking to ScreenCrush recently, he indicated that the team will indeed wear their original costumes at some point in the reboot. "These are the beta versions of the costumes, which is great […] But, yeah it would be very odd if the Fantastic Four didn’t don the traditional costumes. You’ve got to. There is some servicing there. You’ve got to give that to the fans. That’s what it’s all about."

-------------------

saw the trailer for the first time just before kingsman. It doesn't look like anything.

BUT so far everything I've seen with Michael B Jordan has been good.

Edited by Revat

Miles Teller on 'Insurgent' and What's in Store for 'Fantastic Four' (EXCLUSIVE)

And you're going from "Insurgent" to "Fantastic Four." How is that shaping up?

When I saw the sizzle trailer, that was the first I had seen of it. I saw that at the same time as everyone else, literally. I was excited about it. Because when you're shooting a movie you can kind of get a sense of the tone of it from the director and how they're directing it, but in terms of how you shoot it, the lighting and everything, you're not aware of it. Because I'm just in a scene and I'm talking to another actor but the way he's seeing it in his head, where it's grittier or darker, I'm not acting grittier or darker. All that stuff comes in with the edit. So I'm excited by it. All the actors are really interesting in those parts and it should be fun. I hope people go on that ride with us. Because we're making it our own, we're taking a lot from the "Ultimate Fantastic Four" but I think we're humanizing these characters in a way that's never been done.

Are you excited to do the sequel? I'm assuming this is an origin story, so for the sequel you'll be Mr. Fantastic from the get-go.

I mean, the more superhero stuff you get to do, the cooler it is. We'll see what happens, but yes, absolutely, as the thing evolves they should start to materialize to the Fantastic Four people more readily associate with.

Did you read the comics growing up?

I didn't read the comics growing up, but it was my dad's favorite comic. I played a lot of video games, and comic books I collected just because I thought they'd be a cool thing to collect, but I didn't engage with them narratively.

But everybody knows who they are. Do you play with that in this one, or is it more in the sequel? Is someone going to come in and take us out for talking about this?

Yeah, you've got a red dot on your jacket. I think there are going to be little things and Josh and those guys put some little nuggets in the trailer. There are a few things that hint at what we're going for. I'm excited to see it, man. And so much of what you're doing, like I'm obviously not stretching for however long, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the effects.

Between this and the 4chan rumor the Batman v Superman trailer played on its site, I wonder if this a game being played.

Fantastic Four - Rumor - 4chan Leak

Reed Richards and Ben Grimm are childhood friends and Reed's experiments with teleportation by transporting objects through the N-Zone [this] attracts the attention of the Baxter Building. He's recruited by Dr. Franklin Storm and befriends his children, biologist Sue Storm and pilot Johnny Storm. Reed is then partnered with Victor Domashed, an anti-social programmer from war-torn Latveria to build a Quantum Gate to access the N-Zone.

Once the gate is completed, Reed, Sue, Johnny, Victor and three other astronauts perform a succesful teleportation test, during which brief disruptions are created. Reed theorizes the N-Zone affects both time and space, and the disruptions are a result of a portal being open to it. The cycle needs to be completed so close the portal.

Reed invites Ben to the first real test of the N-Zone, but Victor changes the coordinates without Reed knowing, wanting to push the experiment further, and leaves the team stranded in the N-Zone, where they are exposed to unknown energies. They manage to make it back to the portal, and Ben jumps into the threshold to pull Reed out and is exposed to the energies as well.

Reed becomes able to stretch his body, Sue can become invisible and project force fields, Johnny can burst into flames, Ben becomes a rock monster and Victor is left disfigured and obsessed with the answers the N-Zone may yield. The other astronauts lose control of their powers and die.

Government operative Harvey Elder volunteers to fund Reed's attempt to find a cure, and Reed develops containment suits to help the Four deal with their powers. Eventually, they find out the government wants to weaponize their powers and exploit the Quantum Gate to create supersoldiers, which they disagree with.

Victor has developed technopathy and engineers a breakout from the Baxter Building's medical ward and makes his way to the defunct Quantum Gate. The others try to stop him, but he jumps into it and disappears. Elder has the Quantum Gate destroyed, tearing a hole in the space-time continuum that threatens to unravel the entire planet. As the disruptions grow worse, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben escape with Franklin's help, steal an airplane and make their way to the Amazons, where the hole is located, to jump into the N-Zone and seal it off from the inside at the expense of their own lives with a machine Reed has created.

Arriving there, they are confronted by Victor, who has experienced years inside the N-Zone harnessing its power. Now calling himself Doctor Doom and viewing himself as above the human race, he tries to convince the Four to join him in his efforts to take over the planet, but they refuse and fight Doom to a standstill.

Reed finds out Victor has built a makeshift Quantum Gate to explore other realities. After Victor disappears in one of the disruptions and the Four seal the portal, they manage to time jump to five seconds after they went through the portal and destroy the Quantum Gate, ending the disruptions and saving the planet.

They are captured by Elder, but bargain to assist the government in developing new medical technologies, and implying they'll fight back against the government's attempts to make them weapons. In exchange, Elder declares the Baxter Building self-reliant and is appointed as the team's liaison with the military. Reed designs new suits for the team and even sketches a "FantastiCar". He develops a relationship with Sue, while Johnny and Ben also become good friends.

In an after-credits scene, Victor emerges in Latveria and plans to take over.

Stan Lee cameos as a man whose car is pulled into the N-Zone and left behind after Reed seals the portal.

Doom references Galactus, Annihilus and the X-Men while talking about the things he's seen in other worlds and universes.

5w9zr8.jpg

I like the look of Thing :)

Looks like his comic book counterpart :grin:

Really?

Maybe I am being too harsh, or too much of a FF fanboy, but I think they really effed up the head. The shape is all off and face looks like one of those shriveled apple granny faces we made as kids

Is mr fantastic the kid from whiplash?