• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Those who grew up following the 'Spy Kids' movies will probably be just old enough to want to go this.

...and even they'll walk out.

Sorry, incorrect. I'm excited for this movie (thumbs u

Yeah. I'm more optimistic about this one than I ever was for the previous films.

Those who grew up following the 'Spy Kids' movies will probably be just old enough to want to go this.

...and even they'll walk out.

Sorry, incorrect. I'm excited for this movie (thumbs u

Yeah. I'm more optimistic about this one than I ever was for the previous films.

I'd tone down the optimism a bit...if you get too loud with it, Chip will be along to correct things before long. :eek:

maxresdefault.jpg

The fact that your screen name is "fantastic four" and you disagree with me turns my stomach. :)

I'm neutral about any film yet to be released because if you pre-judge it based upon pre-release material, there's virtually no chance you'd ever enjoy it. The fact that you assumed I had a bias in the opposite direction of your own tells me that it'd have to be one of the top 5 superhero films in history to ever break through the wall of pessimism you've already built for yourself. :eek:

But you do this repeatedly in these threads for multiple films, so I know you get off on it and you'll never stop. (shrug):makepoint:

The fact that your screen name is "fantastic four" and you disagree with me turns my stomach. :)

I'm neutral about any film yet to be released because if you pre-judge it based upon pre-release material, there's virtually no chance you'd ever enjoy it. The fact that you assumed I had a bias in the opposite direction of your own tells me that it'd have to be one of the top 5 superhero films in history to ever break through the wall of pessimism you've already built for yourself. :eek:

But you do this repeatedly in these threads for multiple films, so I know you get off on it and you'll never stop. (shrug):makepoint:

I only do it for stuff that sucks. Soooo...what other threads do I do this in?

I'm a Fantastic Four fan. The title got me into comics. I want to see it treated with respect and reverence. I want the majesty that Stan & Jack built and that John Byrne revived to play out on the big screen.

The property and characters deserve no less.

This movie, whatever it is, is NOT the Fantastic Four.

I only do it for stuff that sucks. Soooo...what other threads do I do this in?

I'm a Fantastic Four fan. The title got me into comics. I want to see it treated with respect and reverence. I want the majesty that Stan & Jack built and that John Byrne revived to play out on the big screen.

The property and characters deserve no less.

This movie, whatever it is, is NOT the Fantastic Four.

I think I'd be just as mad as you If they continuously butchered my beloved X-Men (even though they did with the third installment). I'd also have the same "I'll believe when I see it" skeptic feelings.

Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the Color Line

It used to bother me, but it doesn’t anymore. I can see everybody’s perspective, and I know I can’t ask the audience to forget 50 years of comic books. But the world is a little more diverse in 2015 than when the Fantastic Four comic first came out in 1961. Plus, if Stan Lee writes an email to my director saying, “You’re good. I’m okay with this,” who am I to go against that?

Some people may look at my casting as political correctness or an attempt to meet a racial quota, or as part of the year of “Black Film.” Or they could look at it as a creative choice by the director, Josh Trank, who is in an interracial relationship himself—a reflection of what a modern family looks like today.

This is a family movie about four friends—two of whom are myself and Kate Mara as my adopted sister—who are brought together by a series of unfortunate events to create unity and a team. That’s the message of the movie, if people can just allow themselves to see it.

This looks like a pretty cool, fresh take on the Fantastic Four. I'm going to give it a chance.

I agree, it looks pretty cool. When I saw the trailer prior to Avengers AoU I got goosebumps - I am definitely intrigued and I think it could be really good.

We have already seen Jack and Stan's movie, it's 102 issues long with six specials thrown in and it's BLOODY AWESOME. For me at least, I don't need anyone to put any of that on the big screen because there really is no need. It is all there in front of you - I really don't see how it can be improved upon. Seriously, I don't see how any of it can be improved upon.

Given that, I am excited to see a fresh take on the FF and I don't see how that diminishes any earlier work.

Plus, if Stan Lee writes an email to my director saying, “You’re good. I’m okay with this,” who am I to go against that?

I've always found it bizarre that Stan is so much more incredibly open to creative changes than most of his fans are. :insane:

There are a bunch of changes to the team. None of them excite me, but none of them turn me off. If the movie sucks, it won't be because of the changes, it'll be because it sucks. My expectations are low, but it has more to do with the inexperience of the writer/director and the fact that he just got fired from doing the Star Wars spin-offs than what I've seen from the film to date.

If it's great, then awesome. If it sucks royally, my great hope is that it sucks REALLY hard so that Fox stops trying to make these films and the rights revert to Marvel. So I'm hoping for extremes either way. I'm sure the odds are that it'll be somewhere in the middle and get mixed reviews like the Tim Story films. :tonofbricks:

Plus, if Stan Lee writes an email to my director saying, “You’re good. I’m okay with this,” who am I to go against that?

I've always found it bizarre that Stan is so much more incredibly open to creative changes than most of his fans are. :insane:

There are a bunch of changes to the team. None of them excite me, but none of them turn me off. If the movie sucks, it won't be because of the changes, it'll be because it sucks. My expectations are low, but it has more to do with the inexperience of the writer/director and the fact that he just got fired from doing the Star Wars spin-offs than what I've seen from the film to date.

If it's great, then awesome. If it sucks royally, my great hope is that it sucks REALLY hard so that Fox stops trying to make these films and the rights revert to Marvel. So I'm hoping for extremes either way. I'm sure the odds are that it'll be somewhere in the middle and get mixed reviews like the Tim Story films. :tonofbricks:

It doesn`t matter if it sucks, but if the box office is good.

They can make all the new progressive changes they want, but if no one goes, than they don`t make money.

For this to be a successful reboot it has to beat Rise of The Silver Surfer box office.

For it to not be considered a bomb it must beat Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern box office.

It`s as simple as that.

Box office money = success.