• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

I am not thrilled to see they are changing it up BUT will still see this movie . Just remembering its not part of the Marvel cinematic universe.

Just watched the trailer and it has the Marvel Intro Logo.

So do general audiences make the distinction between "Marvel logo" and "Marvel Studios logo" films? Personally I doubt it. They see a Marvel comic come to life, same as Avengers, Spider-Man and other 'Marvel' films.

So the space around him stretches, but not him?

Hmmm

I think that's what they are going for this time around. But why confuse audiences like that? Just go with the traditional powers.

Reserve judgement until you hear the film's full explanation at least. doh!

Simon Kinberg Clarifies That Mister Fantastic WILL Stretch In FANT4STIC

Speaking to HitFix, Fantastic Four screenwriter Simon Kinberg set the record straight. "I think it was confusing. I was a little confused by it myself. The intent was to try to explain the power with some sort of scientific explanation, but as you pointed out, most of his powers defy what we know about physics. The upshot of it is that he stretches in his movie. That is his power. That's the simplest explanation."

xUQJcqc.jpg

Simon Kinberg Clarifies That Mister Fantastic WILL Stretch In FANT4STIC

Speaking to HitFix, Fantastic Four screenwriter Simon Kinberg set the record straight. "I think it was confusing. I was a little confused by it myself. The intent was to try to explain the power with some sort of scientific explanation, but as you pointed out, most of his powers defy what we know about physics. The upshot of it is that he stretches in his movie. That is his power. That's the simplest explanation."

xUQJcqc.jpg

The screenwriter dumbs it down so we nerds don't keep throwing a hissy. lol

What a waste of time & effort. I hope Marvel gets the property back in my lifetime.

there are two things I can always count on, a new update on the FF and Chip ting that update

(:

*shrug*

What can I say? I love the FF and want it done the way it SHOULD be done. Lee/Kirby/Byrne.

f4-thing-134070.jpg

This is definitely Sandman from Spidey 3 reincarnated. Looks like Spidey didn't finish ol' Marko off after all.

The movie will be most def not be anywhere near classic, but I go into these kinds of movies hoping that it will bring a small shimmer of happiness within me. They usually do.