• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

This movie is based more on ultimate FF :shrug:

So Sue is a slut in the UU?

But a hyper-intelligent slut, who may or may not be a zombie.

Here's another great quote from Trank:

"I'm a really big fan of Bryan Hitch and everything he has done. A big thing that inspired me from his work in the Ultimates was seeing Reed in a garage. I absolutely wanted to tell the story of a young Reed Richards."

A. Ultimates was a comic about the Avengers, not Fantastic Four.

B. Bryan Hitch never drew Reed in a garage. It was Adam Kubert.

"I'm a really big fan of Bryan Hitch and everything he has done. A big thing that inspired me from his work in the Ultimates was seeing Reed in a garage. I absolutely wanted to tell the story of a young Reed Richards."

Not making excuses for Trank, as only he truly knows what he meant. But could he mean any work done within the Ultimate/Ultimates Universe?

Filmmakers Break Down 'Fantastic Four' Trailer, Reveal Most Viral-Ready Frame (Exclusive)

In case it wasn’t abundantly clear from their track record, Trank and Kinberg are big comic fans. While previous movies adapted the 1961 origin story by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, Trank and Kinberg chose the Ultimate Fantastic Four for their source material, which reimagines the team.

"I really wanted to tell the story of a young Reed Richards," says Trank, noting he was especially inspired by a scene in the Ultimate book of Reed as a child prodigy tinkering in his garage.

"The next generation," Kinberg adds. "A younger Fantastic Four."

Not with that ugly azz Sue Storm. lol

Now that isn't very nice.

:(

Ever since Shooter, I always thought Kate was adorable in a younger brunette Jessica Simpson (somewhat more talented (: ) way. (shrug)

i also thought she was good in shooter. i think she looks great. she may be the only reason i see this movie.

Ever since Shooter, I always thought Kate was adorable in a younger brunette Jessica Simpson (somewhat more talented (: ) way. (shrug)

i also thought she was good in shooter. i think she looks great. she may be the only reason i see this movie.

:luhv:

I know I am in the minority, but I have never found her appealing as an actress. I like Sue Storm and not looking forward to her playing the part at all.

If they want an unknown blonde beauty queen that sells Maxim covers, they can get Sarah Roemer!

I'll take an Anna Kendrick, Kate Mara, Melissa Benoist, Jennifer Lawrence and even a larger Mae Whitman (The Duff) any day of the week. Those are real women. :sumo:

One of the songs from the soundtrack specifically created for the movie.

As previously reported, El-P soundtracked the end credits of the new Fantastic Film movie. Entitled “Another Body”, the rapper-producer wrote the high-energy instrumental specifically for the film. He debuted the track during the latest edition of Run the Jewels’ Beats 1 Radio program.

If they want an unknown blonde beauty queen that sells Maxim covers, they can get Sarah Roemer!

I'll take an Anna Kendrick, Kate Mara, Melissa Benoist, Jennifer Lawrence and even a larger Mae Whitman (The Duff) any day of the week. Those are real women. :sumo:

All of the above are more attractive then what we're getting. Maybe for Frankie Ray but not Sue Storm.

Sounds like Trank is a poser and just trying to fake it.

Which is exactly why this movie has stinker written all over it.

But this one, Josh Trank's Fantastic Four... has been disrespectful of the source material and comics in general. So I won't support it.

Has nothing to do with CHANGE being made.

So then you have read Ultimate Fantastic Four?

The cast didn't have to read it, so neither should I.

Ultimate FF is the source material... You can't say it's disrespectful of the source material if you haven't read it. :whistle:

Compare that soundtrack to this one. Not in the same solar system.

I used to have this album as a 12 year old kid and listen to it over and over. It's magical.

But this one, Josh Trank's Fantastic Four... has been disrespectful of the source material and comics in general. So I won't support it.

Ultimate FF is the source material... You can't say it's disrespectful of the source material if you haven't read it. :whistle:

The overall source, is of course, the original Fantastic Four. The Ultimate FF wouldn't exist without the Original. The Ultimate FF is based on the original FF.

It is a perverted version of the FF. Trank made a perverted version of a perverted version. Which makes him a insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

If somebody reads two chapters from some dingleberries interpretation of Lord of the Rings, and That's ALL, then decides to make a movie about it, tells the cast not to bother reading any of it, including the original source material, adds a bunch of characters not originally in it and the director's OWN interpretation of what little he had read - people would go ASB. The 'B' stands for Ballistic.

There'd be a mutiny.

Because literature is respected.

Comics aren't.

At least not by Trank.

And you could argue 'but it wasn't from the SOURCE material', but the way I see it: If Bilbo Baggins is in a story, I know what it should be based upon.

I feel the same way about Reed Richards.

I plan to wait for the reviews by the critics before making a decision about whether or not to see it. Who knows? I thought Ant Man and GOG would suck....

The overall source, is of course, the original Fantastic Four. The Ultimate FF wouldn't exist without the Original. The Ultimate FF is based on the original FF.

It is a perverted version of the FF. Trank made a perverted version of a perverted version. Which makes him a insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

If somebody reads two chapters from some dingleberries interpretation of Lord of the Rings, and That's ALL, then decides to make a movie about it, tells the cast not to bother reading any of it, including the original source material, adds a bunch of characters not originally in it and the director's OWN interpretation of what little he had read - people would go ASB. The 'B' stands for Ballistic.

There'd be a mutiny.

Because literature is respected.

Comics aren't.

At least not by Trank.

And you could argue 'but it wasn't from the SOURCE material', but the way I see it: If Bilbo Baggins is in a story, I know what it should be based upon.

I feel the same way about Reed Richards.

I get what your saying (and there is a part of me that completely agrees), I am just not that worked up about it - to me it's just a movie but I am going to have to question Peter Jackson's respect for source material...