• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

I sincerely hope the whole comic market crashes completely, that way I can afford this book.

lol Maybe in another lifetime or alternate universe. :P

Happened before, it'll happen again at some point. Not sure about "crash" but lower.

I can see prices stabilize as they always do, but not a "crash". hm

Hulk 1 CGC 6.0 just sold on C-Link for 23K.

Weren't you just here a few months ago stating that Hulk #1 sales are shill bid and the prices couldn't be trusted? :baiting:

I sincerely hope the whole comic market crashes completely, that way I can afford this book.

...it probably will.... but you guys will be in the old folks home trying to decide whether to take another nap or go watch that cute 80 year old jiggle around the shuffleboard.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...it probably will.... but you guys will be in the old folks home trying to decide whether to take another nap or go watch that cute 80 year old jiggle around the shuffleboard.... GOD BLESS....

lol Already there! :insane:

Hulk 1 CGC 6.0 just sold on C-Link for 23K.

Weren't you just here a few months ago stating that Hulk #1 sales are shill bid and the prices couldn't be trusted? :baiting:

yes, what has changed?

Welcome to any commodities market.

I also said no one should trust Canadians, but apparently people don't listen to my advice. :P

Much as I hate to say it..... Hulk 1 has passed FF 1 AND Showcase 4, and is putting some serious heat on AF 15...... GOD BLESS....

Last AF 15 6.0 went for over $32k on comicconnect (still not showing up on GPA, Vince is evidently usually 30-60 days behind on reporting), so there's still quite a bit of ground to make up there. But I do think it has surpassed SC 4 and definitely FF 1.

-J.

You bring up an interesting discrepancy Jay. hm

The IH #1 CGC 9.0 that sold for $178K in the November CC Event Auction had not showed up either. I shot GPA an email 2 weeks ago to ask why this sale was not recorded because I know many collectors use this resource to gauge the FMV, they asked me to provide proof of the transaction. :screwy:

So I sent GPA a link of the recorded IH #1 CGC 9.0 sale and within an hour it was charted as it should have been months ago. (shrug)

One of my main concerns was how many other transactions have been omitted like this for mega keys (as you mentioned about the AF #15 CGC 6.0) and how it affects the sale of these future mega keys by not being recorded. hm I believed GPA does a good job, but it does have a task keeping up sometime. 2c

I still to this day don't know why Comic Link sales are not recorded by GPA. (shrug)

Any Thoughts? (thumbs u

I recall reading that ComicConnect does not report to GPA ? Regarding Clink, I think it is to the point that it's data base of unreported sales is a selling point, attracts visitors. It is competition to GPA and it is free. Other than Heritage and E-Bay, there really is not a lot else being reported, is there ? Dealers don't generally report. I'm not sure if Schmell reports now or what. Last time I looked, it seemed selective ?

They report to them. Just not the same way Heritage does. However it is, it is much slower, and apparently not as all-inclusive.

-J.

And Clink has gotten a lot better/worse (depending on your perspective) at removing sales from the site in a more timely fashion. Books don't stick around as sold results very long at all, so Clink isn't as good as it used to be for mining sale data. At least not for stuff I've looked at.

This is why I put in early bids in CLink auctions even on books I'm not trying to win. The hammer prices show up in your My Bids.

Much as I hate to say it..... Hulk 1 has passed FF 1 AND Showcase 4, and is putting some serious heat on AF 15...... GOD BLESS....

Last AF 15 6.0 went for over $32k on comicconnect (still not showing up on GPA, Vince is evidently usually 30-60 days behind on reporting), so there's still quite a bit of ground to make up there. But I do think it has surpassed SC 4 and definitely FF 1.

-J.

The IH #1 CGC 9.0 that sold for $178K in the November CC Event Auction had not showed up either. I shot GPA an email 2 weeks ago to ask why this sale was not recorded because I know many collectors use this resource to gauge the FMV, they asked me to provide proof of the transaction. :screwy:

So I sent GPA a link of the recorded IH #1 CGC 9.0 sale and within an hour it was charted as it should have been months ago. (shrug)

One of my main concerns was how many other transactions have been omitted like this for mega keys (as you mentioned about the AF #15 CGC 6.0) and how it affects the sale of these future mega keys by not being recorded. hm I believed GPA does a good job, but it does have a task keeping up sometime. 2c

I still to this day don't know why Comic Link sales are not recorded by GPA. (shrug)

Any Thoughts? (thumbs u

I recall reading that ComicConnect does not report to GPA ? Regarding Clink, I think it is to the point that it's data base of unreported sales is a selling point, attracts visitors. It is competition to GPA and it is free. Other than Heritage and E-Bay, there really is not a lot else being reported, is there ? Dealers don't generally report. I'm not sure if Schmell reports now or what. Last time I looked, it seemed selective ?

They report to them. Just not the same way Heritage does. However it is, it is much slower, and apparently not as all-inclusive.

-J.

And Clink has gotten a lot better/worse (depending on your perspective) at removing sales from the site in a more timely fashion. Books don't stick around as sold results very long at all, so Clink isn't as good as it used to be for mining sale data. At least not for stuff I've looked at.

This is why I put in early bids in CLink auctions even on books I'm not trying to win. The hammer prices show up in your My Bids.

.....cheater :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-J.

Any Thoughts? (thumbs u

-J.

.....cheater :baiting: GOD BLESS....

I guess I shouldn't have said anything. Now they'll probably delete my My Bids file! :cry:

You don't have to be Batman to deduce the story of this book. But a bit of amateur detective work tells quite a story.

Some previous owner wanted to "improve" the book and trimmed a little off the bottom. Deciding the results weren't adequate, he tried again. And again. And again. And at some point after that he looked up and realized just how much he had actually removed from the book.

In a fit of Hulk-like rage, he ripped the entire book in half and tossed it across the room. When the rage subsided, and he realized what he had done, he collected the two halves and carefully, lovingly, taped them back together. The book remained in his collection for many years after, likely a reminder of the folly of trimming (and of the importance of controlling anger).

The book came to me after it had passed through a couple other owners. I have owned it for most of the last 16 years. I traded it away twice in deals with customers at my brick-and-mortar shop a lifetime ago, but both times it came back to me. I've turned down several offers for it in the last decade. But mine it remains.

89% of it anyway...

You don't have to be Batman to deduce the story of this book. But a bit of amateur detective work tells quite a story.

Some previous owner wanted to "improve" the book and trimmed a little off the bottom. Deciding the results weren't adequate, he tried again. And again. And again. And at some point after that he looked up and realized just how much he had actually removed from the book.

In a fit of Hulk-like rage, he ripped the entire book in half and tossed it across the room. When the rage subsided, and he realized what he had done, he collected the two halves and carefully, lovingly, taped them back together. The book remained in his collection for many years after, likely a reminder of the folly of trimming (and of the importance of controlling anger).

The book came to me after it had passed through a couple other owners. I have owned it for most of the last 16 years. I traded it away twice in deals with customers at my brick-and-mortar shop a lifetime ago, but both times it came back to me. I've turned down several offers for it in the last decade. But mine it remains.

89% of it anyway...

Well, you own 100% of the 89% that survived, so that's something! lol

Any copy is worthwhile to own, especially one that you have such a rich history with!