• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,938 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, frozentundraguy said:

Finally another vintage PB arrived today, my first Cherry Tree book. This 1951 edition still has some gloss left, a rarity for UK books in my collection.

P.S. my scanner no longer has the option to trim excess gray space around the book, it is hit and miss if parts of the book are not included, making it look like a trimmed book.

scan0498.jpg

Such an fantastic, interesting cover. 

On 2/19/2021 at 9:41 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Armchair books

I have to say, when these first started showing up on ebay I was faked out until I looked closely at them. Really a nice effort there. On the ones that weren't originally doubles like the Fritz Leiber, it's a nice touch that they used that pulp cover.

6 minutes ago, Surfing Alien said:

Here's a couple of unread Pyramids that came in recently. "Blind Alley" cover is by Frank Cozzarelli, who did a bunch for Pyramid, "For I have Sinned" is uncredited. I have a soft spot for these little books and get them when I can.

20210221_121707.jpg

Blind Alley really has a great cover. I like it when street scenes are used for the cover, not too mention the GGA art. (thumbsu

Edited by frozentundraguy