• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
25 25

6,989 posts in this topic

I forgot just how much I love this thread.My eyes are reeling!Such fabulous stuff everyone!

My offerings wont be near as exciting,but I'll try and get on it.I'm sure I have some Canadian editions of books that someone will like.Well fingers crossed.d

Again,such great stuff gang!This is a collecting hole I could really,really get into :cloud9:(well too late..)

On 9/21/2021 at 10:40 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Delving into two authors I have not read yet.

First up Strange Witness by Keene, nothing great condition wise but looks to be an excellent read.

image.jpeg.53b5a0a43107eff56488c70790ef68ac.jpeg

This book just might be the tip of the iceberg of Taine for me. Having read the first few chapters of The Greatest Adventure by Taine I'm hooked.

image.jpeg.036c48a3c32950c2e1b7e5efc246949a.jpeg

I really liked reading Taine but it was quite a time ago. I still have a few of his Fantasy Press editions. I recall The Seeds of Life being a favorite.

I have that Keene but haven't read it yet. Have really enjoyed the 5 or 6 I've read so far (thumbsu

On 9/22/2021 at 8:56 PM, Surfing Alien said:

I really liked reading Taine but it was quite a time ago. I still have a few of his Fantasy Press editions. I recall The Seeds of Life being a favorite.

I have that Keene but haven't read it yet. Have really enjoyed the 5 or 6 I've read so far (thumbsu

Thanks. (thumbsu I noticed that Taine has a few hard cover books of interest with iconic covers to boot. Finding room on the bookshelf could be an issue. I'm already at 4 storage tubs for PB's, what's one more.  lol

On 9/23/2021 at 4:58 PM, Surfing Alien said:

A little levity from the usual sexy covers. I upgraded a few of my Peanuts Rinehart 1st Edition 1st Prints recently so stopped to take a group shot of some of them.

They bring me great joy and my daughter and wife actually love them too so they're winners all around.

406931742_PeanutsGroup.thumb.jpg.62d1a9985d33119cea579a25243addc6.jpg

I read the heck out of those back when I was a kid visiting my Grandmother.

On 9/30/2021 at 11:06 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Just in this HB edition of The Forbidden Garden by Taine and cover art by Donnell. The back of the book reads like a who's who of sci-fi. Included are "The Legions of Space"  by Williamson, "The Black Flame" by Weinbaum, "Triplanetary" by E.E. Doc Smith, and "Sinister Barrier" by Eric Frank Russell, and a couple more.

scan0694.jpg

Pat posts goodness and we all fall down the rabbit hole lol