• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

$1k is still a hefty chunk of money for some. It's a mortgage payment. It's about 2-3% of the median annual salary. And you don't gotta be rich to dump a grand on a book, but it's still a sizable chunk to toss down on one purchase.

$1k is still a hefty chunk of money for some. It's a mortgage payment. It's about 2-3% of the median annual salary. And you don't gotta be rich to dump a grand on a book, but it's still a sizable chunk to toss down on one purchase.
Try putting a few dollars away every week, and you should be able to get one in a year or so, sooner if you go raw, or a lessor grade.

Try putting a few dollars away every week, and you should be able to get one in a year or so, sooner if you go raw, or a lessor grade.

That's not really the point I was making. I'm saying that even if you saved the cash or had the cash fall into your lap or found a 10-stack of benjamins in the street or something, dropping 2-3% of an annual salary (assuming you made the median) on 1 generally-non-essential item purchase is sometimes a pretty difficult decision. It's a sizeable purchase for the average person is the point I'm making.

Edited by Doktor

If thats the way you gotta do it, saving $1k in a year to buy a book, you should stick to smaller cost books.

Then one must elevate their game and find ways to get what he/she wants.

I don't want to here excuses from people ever no matter what.

Not directed at you just in general, etc...

Just wondering if there is a price premium for newsstand versions of ASM 300 in CGC 9.8?

Speaking for myself, I would not pay a premium for newsstand. However, if given the choice I would take the newsstand over the regular.

Just wondering if there is a price premium for newsstand versions of ASM 300 in CGC 9.8?

Speaking for myself, I would not pay a premium for newsstand. However, if given the choice I would take the newsstand over the regular.

Personally, I think the regular looks cooler with the Spidey face :whee:

Right. Any seller who has a newsstand CGC graded copy who only gets direct edition money for it sold too low.

Right. Any seller who has a newsstand CGC graded copy who only gets direct edition money for it sold too low.

So Valiantman are you saying there should be a premium or is an established premium for the newsstand copies?