• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2021 at 6:17 PM, gadzukes said:

I'm guessing this comic was probably only in the 3.5 range before resto so $50,000 seems about right.  

What if it was only a 1.0 originally before resto?  Yikes I wouldn't want to pay that much for it.

Pretty crazy huh lol

On 8/4/2021 at 9:17 PM, gadzukes said:

I'm guessing this comic was probably only in the 3.5 range before resto so $50,000 seems about right.  

What if it was only a 1.0 originally before resto?  Yikes I wouldn't want to pay that much for it.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. 

If that book went for 50% of a blue label,  you would be incentivizing everyone with a mid to low grade copy to have it restored. So I think the pricing is about where it should be. 

And hey,  someone got a very nice presenting copy without paying 9.4 prices. 

On 8/12/2021 at 12:12 PM, gadzukes said:

I decided to slab my under-copy.  

The original owner learned how to spell the word "appreciate" on this cover.  Well.... I don't appreciate their spelling lessons on my comic.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

Perhaps the original owner really "appreciated" owning a copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 lol!

On 8/12/2021 at 12:12 PM, gadzukes said:

I decided to slab my under-copy.  

The original owner learned how to spell the word "appreciate" on this cover.  Well.... I don't appreciate their spelling lessons on my comic.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

I "appreciate" a nice looking AF15... Even with a little writing on the cover. 

On 7/28/2021 at 7:28 PM, Illustrious said:

Anybody have a guess as to what a restored Extensive Professional copy would go for these days? I know it's so hard to tell what restored copies are worth when they have to be taken into account individually depending on the work done to the book. I'm trying to get a ballpark range on this copy for insurance purposes:

51341034142_b3c85a8804_b.jpg

a  5.0 with similar resto I believe sold for around 12.5K a month or two ago in a comic connect auction. I believe the buyer flipped it for even more money. So that's a good starting point