• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

The prettiest one in the group is the 9.2 date stamped "5-31". It has killer yellow letters and grays. Anyone knows who it belongs to? (shrug)

I don't know who owns it now. But Tom Brulato sold it to Bob Storms in the early 2000s. And in 2009 it sold on Pedigree Comics.

Yes I am reminded how pretty it looks every time I go by the CGC booth at shows.

I should get a check for that huge sign with the AF #15 on it.

Don't think I ever posted this copy.

Quit photoshopping books, no way thats a 1.8 :baiting:

The front is awesome for the grade.

What's holding it back is a coffee stain on the back.

Will post a back cover picture.

Prods you to look at who posted the comment lol

What type of coffee and what was in the coffee?

Oh I'm WELL aware of who I am dealing with :slapfight:

I don't drink coffee so I will send you the book to conduct an investigation :roflmao:

I don't drink coffee so I will send you the book to conduct an investigation :roflmao:

Could be Gator's Coke Zero. hm

When I saw it at Pedigree it was in this label. Probably a resub somewhere along the lines.

Serial number stayed the same between old and new labels. It was probably just a reholder.

Could be Gator's Coke Zero. hm

:cloud9:

Is there a price difference in Stan Lee signed slabbed books vs Non signed slabbed books?

Thanks.

I think the premium for a signed copy is slight and may even possibly be negative. Not much doubt that there are some buyers who find the signature a turnoff. Placement also matters, I think.

If I were contemplating getting Stan to sign at this point, I would only do so on a low-grade copy.

Is there a price difference in Stan Lee signed slabbed books vs Non signed slabbed books?

Thanks.

I think the premium for a signed copy is slight and may even possibly be negative. Not much doubt that there are some buyers who find the signature a turnoff. Placement also matters, I think.

If I were contemplating getting Stan to sign at this point, I would only do so on a low-grade copy.

I don't think I've ever seen a Stan Lee yellow label sell for even or less than a blue label. At the minimum would expect the up-charge for what he charges for signature.

Thanks.

I don't think I've ever seen a Stan Lee yellow label sell for even or less than a blue label. At the minimum would expect the up-charge for what he charges for signature.

Poking around on GPA I found some examples of SS books that seemed to go for less than a non-SS copy in the same grade that sold around the same time. Others seemed to sell for a bit more. But ... there can be many other differences between two copies that can account for the price difference.

There are some people who like the idea of a Stan sig on this book and other who don't, either because they believe it mars the book or because he has signed so many books that his signature is devalued.

I would certainly not take the risk of getting his sig on a mid-grade copy or above unless I intended to keep the book in my collection.

Agree, especially on SA books, it's probably a bit harder to tell because the prices can swing so much from example to example. On bronze keys, it does seem to be fairly consistent that it's an upcharge for the certified sig.

that was my baby! the last 5.5 sold in may of 2015 for 23900 at heritage. my wife and i were praying it would sell strong. we promoted it here on the boards and through our facebook page. we are putting money back for our kid's college and both this book and our TMNT 1 book sold at record highs. So, thanks to anyone who put in bids here on the boards! it is greatly appreciated.

that was my baby! the last 5.5 sold in may of 2015 for 23900 at heritage. my wife and i were praying it would sell strong. we promoted it here on the boards and through our facebook page. we are putting money back for our kid's college and both this book and our TMNT 1 book sold at record highs. So, thanks to anyone who put in bids here on the boards! it is greatly appreciated.

893applaud-thumb.gif