• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

just a few years ago, I could literally buy 20 copies of af15 in a single month...

these days I seem to be having difficulty locating even a couple of decent copies to buy.... lots and lots of demand of late.... but I would think the higher prices would bring out some more supply...

guess time will tell

+1

just a few years ago, I could literally buy 20 copies of af15 in a single month...

these days I seem to be having difficulty locating even a couple of decent copies to buy.... lots and lots of demand of late.... but I would think the higher prices would bring out some more supply...

guess time will tell

Maybe with the upcoming reboot of the spidey movies, more people will want to cash in?

Not likely that ours will be up for sale anytime soon (SS 3.5). In fact, I'm probably in the market for a lower grade copy.

Well, I am happy to share that I officially joined the club. Won today's auction for a 3.0 copy on Comiclink. It is not a perfect copy since it has a missing piece at the bottom left corner, but thankfully, it did not impact the major graphic. Overall it does present very nicely with no major creases or chipping and nice vibrant colors.

I remember debating on buying a 4.0 copy for $8K three years ago...hilarious times. I will say it is such a satisfying feeling knowing that you own a piece of history. Definitely the action comics #1 of the silver age.

hDwbKm6.png

Edited by jcruzcollection

Well, I am happy to share that I officially joined the club. Won today's auction for a 3.0 copy on Comiclink. It is not a perfect copy since it has a missing piece at the bottom left corner, but thankfully, it did not impact the major graphic. Overall it does present very nicely with no major creases or chipping and nice vibrant colors.

I remember debating on buying a 4.0 copy for $8K three years ago...hilarious times. I will say it is such a satisfying feeling knowing that you own a piece of history. Definitely the action comics #1 of the silver age.

hDwbKm6.png

Can't go wrong with a AF15!! Congrats on joining this prestigious club!!

Edited by Hulk1962

hDwbKm6.png

:applause:

Awesome pick up !

-J.

guess time will tell

Maybe with the upcoming reboot of the spidey movies, more people will want to cash in?

Not likely that ours will be up for sale anytime soon (SS 3.5). In fact, I'm probably in the market for a lower grade copy.

I just bought another AF 15, I now have 2.

I have no intention of selling it anytime soon.

The book is the 3rd most important book of all time. Rare certainly not but they also don't fail off trees either.

Hey Everyone -- Where do you think AF#15 prices are heading. Admittedly, I didn't pull the trigger on a 4.0 copy 3 years ago for $7,000. Now it is more than double the price. Do you think it is now a bad time to buy a copy? This is not for investment purposes or speculation. I just really want a copy in my collection. I am justing wondering that, if i don't pull the trigger today, 3 years from now, will be like why the hell didn't I buy it then. Any thoughts? It's obviously a blue ship book, so it probably will never collapse...

AF15's are only going up in value (And most likely that trend will never stop...in my opinion comic books will enter the world of art at auction in the long run...and some ugly paintings sell for over 100$ million dollars). Buy one while you can. And if you can't afford one anymore buy a Hulk #1 can't go wrong with that issue either. As you probbaly already know Spider-Man will be in the up coming Captain America Movie and then will join the Avengers. This will make AF15 even more in demand if that is even possible.

As much as I would love to see it continue to rise in value, I assume there is a ceiling. A lot of kids younger than the age of 20, have no desire to drop that type of cash on the book. They may appreciate it, but have been priced out and rather spend their money on other things. It won't be a while until they have the disposable cash needed to drop on higher priced books. I have a feeling that as the current collectors get older and need to dispose of their prized possessions or their kids try to sell them off to collect their inheritance there will be a massive correction, by how much and when, is to be determined, but definitely not an infinite ceiling.

Most kids can't drop $20 bucks now a days on much of anything. A 20 year old today has the buying power of a 15-16 year old from my days.

Not sure why you would hinder that opinion whether children can afford 8-15K books.

Unless Canadian kids have that kinda of money to spend.... :baiting:

My guess is a normal 20 year old is in college or learning a trade so one day he/she can live comfortably.

It takes years and even a couple decades for sometimes obtain monster books such as a AF 15.

Now if your argument is does that 20 year old have desire to one day obtain these comics that I will listen to. However I can tell you from attending 20+ comic cons per year. Many kids do not have the $ (under 30) to buy/afford these monster books, but they do have the desire and interest to do so one day.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

hDwbKm6.png

:applause:

Awesome pick up !

-J.

Nice! No mc!

There will always be people will disposable income to spend. Every generation says the same things you just mentioned but the funny thing is that in every generation AF15 has always done well and easily sells for the price asked based on that current year....and this will only continue.

Every year a new batch of collectors attain their financial goal to be able to buy a AF15 and this will continue every single year. Same goes for Action Comics #1 and Detective Comics #27 or any other major key.

Edited by Hulk1962