• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone -- Where do you think AF#15 prices are heading. Admittedly, I didn't pull the trigger on a 4.0 copy 3 years ago for $7,000. Now it is more than double the price. Do you think it is now a bad time to buy a copy? This is not for investment purposes or speculation. I just really want a copy in my collection. I am justing wondering that, if i don't pull the trigger today, 3 years from now, will be like why the hell didn't I buy it then. Any thoughts? It's obviously a blue ship book, so it probably will never collapse...

AF15's are only going up in value (And most likely that trend will never stop...in my opinion comic books will enter the world of art at auction in the long run...and some ugly paintings sell for over 100$ million dollars). Buy one while you can. And if you can't afford one anymore buy a Hulk #1 can't go wrong with that issue either. As you probbaly already know Spider-Man will be in the up coming Captain America Movie and then will join the Avengers. This will make AF15 even more in demand if that is even possible.

As much as I would love to see it continue to rise in value, I assume there is a ceiling. A lot of kids younger than the age of 20, have no desire to drop that type of cash on the book. They may appreciate it, but have been priced out and rather spend their money on other things. It won't be a while until they have the disposable cash needed to drop on higher priced books. I have a feeling that as the current collectors get older and need to dispose of their prized possessions or their kids try to sell them off to collect their inheritance there will be a massive correction, by how much and when, is to be determined, but definitely not an infinite ceiling.

I see your point however I feel in the case of characters like Spider-man who have reached true iconic status in popular culture there will always be enough members in any new generation to carry the torch and buy in to the value of a book like this. Imo it will go on to be a treasured art form of the 20th century with the sky being the limit. This is not to say there won't be price corrections along the way but i suspect these will just prove to be bumps in the road in the big picture.

Now lesser comics with value will certainly be subjected to strong corrections generationally as they fail to make the leap from one generation to another and interest wanes. Time will tell.

The reason art continues to go up is because there is a different and wider appreciation for the masters and the key factor is, there is only 1 of each piece. The exact opposite can be said about most comic books. I feel we have only seen a fraction of the books on the census, there are a lot of unslabbed keys out there and many who choose not to publicize what they have.

look at it this way:

if you want an authentic picasso his total output would be around 900-1100 pieces from which you choose.

if you want a 1st batman well there is about 50-100 tec27 copies known to exist.

which one is scarcer?

Edited by Mr. 10%

The reason art continues to go up is because there is a different and wider appreciation for the masters and the key factor is, there is only 1 of each piece. The exact opposite can be said about most comic books. I feel we have only seen a fraction of the books on the census, there are a lot of unslabbed keys out there and many who choose not to publicize what they have.

look at it this way:

if you want an authentic picasso his total output would be around 900-1100 pieces from which you choose.

if you want a 1st batman well there is about 50-100 tec27 copies known to exist.

which one is scarcer?

Ok, but if I wanted a Picasso Blue Room, how many exist? Just the one. I'm not going argue the scarcity in some comics and how that helps increase the value. Same with cultural revelance. Which right now Batman is starting to trump Superman in popularity.

look at it this way:

which one is scarcer?

Ok, but if I wanted a Picasso Blue Room, how many exist? Just the one. I'm not going argue the scarcity in some comics and how that helps increase the value. Same with cultural revelance. Which right now Batman is starting to trump Superman in popularity.

There are many characters that trump superman's popularity already.

Spider-Man is another one.

-J.

look at it this way:

which one is scarcer?

So it's Any Picasso vs Tec 27? That doesn't make sense. How about any Picasso vs any batman? Which hold more vale hm

Bad comparison, if someone wants a specific issue of batman (I.E. Tec 27) than put that , vs any One specific Picasso , (and if that's the case, it's not even close in terms of value ,favor for Picasso) 2c

look at it this way:

which one is scarcer?

There's way more than 50-100, FYI

look at it this way:

which one is scarcer?

I figured you would have already sold that many this year and the con season has barely begun. :insane:

Hey Everyone -- Where do you think AF#15 prices are heading. Admittedly, I didn't pull the trigger on a 4.0 copy 3 years ago for $7,000. Now it is more than double the price. Do you think it is now a bad time to buy a copy? This is not for investment purposes or speculation. I just really want a copy in my collection. I am justing wondering that, if i don't pull the trigger today, 3 years from now, will be like why the hell didn't I buy it then. Any thoughts? It's obviously a blue ship book, so it probably will never collapse...

AF15's are only going up in value (And most likely that trend will never stop...in my opinion key comic books will enter the world of art at auction in the long run...and some ugly paintings sell for over 100$ million dollars). Buy one while you can. And if you can't afford one anymore buy a Hulk #1 can't go wrong with that issue either. As you probbaly already know Spider-Man will be in the up coming Captain America Movie and then will join the Avengers. This will make AF15 even more in demand if that is even possible.

The hard thing with buying a nice looking AF15 in a certain grade most are now in ''permanent'' collections. So if you find a nice looking one (minor front cover chipping and creases) buy it. I know there is a member her G.A.tor I believe has multiple copies graded by CGC he might sell you one.

He helped me upgrade my 5.0 copy to a 6.0 a couple years ago. He's always got a line on the holiest of holy grails! :headbang:

Just thought i would share mine and get in on the fun.

I know some aren't fans but I like having mine signed by Stan the Man

Perfect grade for a stan sig , and good placement . (thumbs u

I don't think I've ever seen Stan sign one with that placement. Did you request that placement?

I don't think I've ever seen Stan sign one with that placement. Did you request that placement?

I purchased it signed already. It is a cool placement. Not many out there like that.

I purchased it signed already. It is a cool placement. Not many out there like that.

It's on ebay, planning to sell it?

It's on ebay, planning to sell it?

Yes and no.

I guess for the right money, everything is for sale, however, I can't seem to bring myself to lower it enough so I'll get bids lol.

I really don't want to and the more I read, the more likely I am to not sell.

Really cool book.

just a few years ago, I could literally buy 20 copies of af15 in a single month...

these days I seem to be having difficulty locating even a couple of decent copies to buy.... lots and lots of demand of late.... but I would think the higher prices would bring out some more supply...

guess time will tell

look at it this way:

which one is scarcer?

I figured you would have already sold that many this year and the con season has barely begun. :insane:

:o