• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

A guy with a lot of 12c, 15c, etc Spidey, Fantastic Four, and other books just sent me some photos of his collection. I asked him to send even the coverless books and here is what he just sent me:

y5DSkNL.jpg

Any key indicators on if this is a reprint or not? Do any of the reprints include the non-Spiderman stories?

Also, I see a recent sale on eBay of a coverless AF15 for $3300. Is that representative of the current FMV or would a CGC copy have gone for substantially more?

Edited by rsouxlja7

A guy with a lot of 12c, 15c, etc Spidey, Fantastic Four, and other books just sent me some photos of his collection. I asked him to send even the coverless books and here is what he just sent me:

y5DSkNL.jpg

Any key indicators on if this is a reprint or not? Do any of the reprints include the non-Spiderman stories?

Also, I see a recent sale on eBay of a coverless AF15 for $3300. Is that representative of the current FMV or would a CGC copy have gone for substantially more?

So this looks to be a reprint after comparing to other coverless copies (see the red text box between Spidey and the girl, doesn't appear on legit copies). Anyone know what reprint this is?

edit: Marvel Tales 137

Edited by rsouxlja7

Hey guys, got something I wanted to share with ya'll. This is been weighing heavy on me for a few days. On August 13th I got an offer email from Heritage Auctions (HA) to sell my AF15 (8.0). Heck, I did not know it was even for sale. HA told me comics automatically go into this mode after archiving. Anyway, the offer was $170,000 !!!

This is life changing money. After many hours of no sleep and consulting with 2 well known Board members, I respectfully declined (well, there is more to it but I will spare the details...if the offeror is a Board member, I just cannot let the book go and that's a fantastic and beyond fair offer).

I purchased the book August 17, 2011 from HA (5 years tomorrow). I saw something special in it and told my wife and son I had to own it. Anyway, rest assured your AF15s are nice prizes (understand this is one offer and does not mean AF15s should be price-adjusted). A comic is worth what someone will pay for it, not what GPS, Overstreet, or a Board member says.

Anyway, I have to show this again...the book and story behind it since the 5 year anniversary of me being it's new dad is tomorrow. The book was purchased off the stands by Ed Sarley, an avid collector, who died in an auto accident on Thanksgiving Day 1974 at age 25. Enjoy.

164036.jpg.9cefef29876492056aef5928d920be11.jpg

164037.jpg.dc8f776b5d69619166fb2c0a098ef964.jpg

Hey guys, got something I wanted to share with ya'll. This is been weighing heavy on me for a few days. On August 13th I got an offer email from Heritage Auctions (HA) to sell my AF15 (8.0). Heck, I did not know it was even for sale. HA told me comics automatically go into this mode after archiving. Anyway, the offer was $170,000 !!!

This is life changing money. After many hours of no sleep and consulting with 2 well known Board members, I respectfully declined (well, there is more to it but I will spare the details...if the offeror is a Board member, I just cannot let the book go and that's a fantastic and beyond fair offer).

I purchased the book August 17, 2011 from HA (5 years tomorrow). I saw something special in it and told my wife and son I had to own it. Anyway, rest assured your AF15s are nice prizes (understand this is one offer and does not mean AF15s should be price-adjusted). A comic is worth what someone will pay for it, not what GPS, Overstreet, or a Board member says.

Anyway, I have to show this again...the book and story behind it since the 5 year anniversary of me being it's new dad is tomorrow. The book was purchased off the stands by Ed Sarley, an avid collector, who died in an auto accident on Thanksgiving Day 1974. Enjoy.

170k is a lot of money for sure but if you love the book why sell it. AF15 8.0's almost never come up for sale anymore. It's a beauty!! The other option is sell it for 170k and try to get a 9.0 for 200k but that is very risky since 9.0's are extremely hard to find.

Edited by SupergirlDC1959

I was curious about what you just wrote....so I went to look at a book I own that I know sold once on Heritage my X-Men #1 CGC 9.2 white pages that seems to still be taking offers on Heritage as well. This is weird since I purchased it from ComicLink (in 2014) and the previous owner purchased it on Heritage.

I paid 62 000$ on ComicLink and 3 offers in 2015 where sent....73 500$ twice and one offer of 81 500$ via Heritage.

Link:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/x-men-1-marvel-1963-cgc-nm-92-white-pages/a/7066-91402.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

I was curious about what you just wrote....so I went to look at a book I own that I know sold once on Heritage my X-Men #1 CGC 9.2 white pages that seems to still be taking offers on Heritage as well. This is weird since I purchased it from ComicLink (in 2014) and the previous owner purchased it on Heritage.

I paid 62 000$ on ComicLink and 3 offers in 2015 where sent....73 500$ twice and one offer of 81 500$ via Heritage.

Link:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/x-men-1-marvel-1963-cgc-nm-92-white-pages/a/7066-91402.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

See, we're all selling and don't know it! lol

Link:

Seems like it lolll but in my case I am not the one getting the offers the previous owner the guy that I purchased it from via ComicLink is getting them. Like you I would not sell my X-Men #1 at 81 500$ the book means a lot to me. One day I will sell it but probably not for another 20 years. Why sell it money does not always bring happiness but owning my book for sure brings me happiness and I am sure your books does also for you!!

Link:

Seems like it lolll but in my case I am not the one getting the offers the previous owner the guy that I purchased it from via ComicLink is getting them.

The offer function can be shut off in HA by the owner f the book.

Link:

Seems like it lolll but in my case I am not the one getting the offers the previous owner the guy that I purchased it from via ComicLink is getting them.

The offer function can be shut off in HA by the owner f the book.

I am happy he left it open at least I can see what some people are ready to pay for it over time.

Anyway, I have to show this again...the book and story behind it since the 5 year anniversary of me being it's new dad is tomorrow. The book was purchased off the stands by Ed Sarley, an avid collector, who died in an auto accident on Thanksgiving Day 1974 at age 25. Enjoy.

Thanks for sharing the story. Every AF15's peewee22 touch turns into gold. That's a monster offer, but I can understand your love for the book. I love unique books and books with story and providence.

that is one beauty of a book

it looks way nice than 8.0 and the page edges look white

MUCH MUCH nice than the 8.5 that sold in the august heritage auction

you def have a great eye peewee, I was the underbidder on the Janowicz ff 1 you won- I will never forgive you for that ;p just kidding