• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

I didn't even know CBCS has a census.

I do recall HA au.auctioning off a couple AF15s in 9.6 ... I can only find one. The other 9.6 was a IGB book but perhaps it was listed somewhere else.

Any guesses what this AF15 CGC 6.5 will sell for?

Link:

www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=673080

I will say between 52 500$ and 55 000$!!

Trying to see what's left of this thread. He's obviously a master of the keyboard.

Roy, my thought waves are coming from how a book can start as a graded 5.5 and increase to a 7.5. Doesn't matter what the 5.5 "could or should have been". It was what it was. And it ended up a 7.5. Still looks the same to me alpha and omega.

Just curious. (thumbs u

What a book was to me is irrelevant because it could have been a higher grade or a lower grade. It's only what it is now that matters to me. And I buy (and sell) accordingly.

Makes sense.

Makes absolutely NO SENSE to me at all. :screwy:

Sounds as though you guys are saying that we should buy the current label, even if we know the book was graded significantly lower in previous occasions. Doesn't matter what was done to the book as the only thing that is relevant is its current grade.

So I guess Roy would have been willing to pay full market price for the Church 9.0 copy of Boy Comics #17, even though it was originally graded as a CGC 4.0 copy and then regraded as a CGC 7.5 copy before finally hitting a CGC 9.0 home run on its third try, all while residing in a blue slab. :insane:

The 7.5 sold at full asking price.

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=55854

I'd take that sale with a grain of salt. Doug factors 'trade value' into the sales price, and trade value can be a grey area.

+1

Totally agree with Roy on this point here. (thumbs u

Especially when a better looking 8.5 graded copy (albeit by the other company) managed to sell for less than the so-called "full asking price" for this supposedly overgraded 7.5 copy. hm

August 16, 2016

alH0KO.jpg

Wow, looks like there's almost 150 entry level copies (i.e. 0.5 or 1.0 graded) for AF 15 which seems like a surprisingly high number to me. (shrug)

Any idea how the market works for entry level SA books? Do these entry level SA books sell for insane prices relative to their bottom of guide prices, similar to how uber HG copies (or even 9.8 BA books) sell for insane prices relative to their top of guide prices?

Especially since the price guide isn't really meant for books in higher than 9.2 condition, and apparently also not for books in lower than 2.0 condition. hm

August 16, 2016

alH0KO.jpg

Wow, looks like there's almost 150 entry level copies (i.e. 0.5 or 1.0 graded) for AF 15 which seems like a surprisingly high number to me. (shrug)

Any idea how the market works for entry level SA books? Do these entry level SA books sell for insane prices relative to their bottom of guide prices, similar to how uber HG copies (or even 9.8 BA books) sell for insane prices relative to their top of guide prices?

Especially since the price guide isn't really meant for books in higher than 9.2 condition, and apparently also not for books in lower than 2.0 condition. hm

An incomplete answer to your question: AF #15 in 2.0 is listed at $5500 in the current OSPG. 12 month GPA average is $10,332. For 1.0, 12 month GPA is $6520. For .5, 12 month GPA is $5149.

So it seems AF #15 in low grade does better than guide prices. Hulk #1 in 2.0 seems to do well too. FF #1 in 2.0 looks like it sells right around guide.

Roy, my thought waves are coming from how a book can start as a graded 5.5 and increase to a 7.5. Doesn't matter what the 5.5 "could or should have been". It was what it was. And it ended up a 7.5. Still looks the same to me alpha and omega.

Just curious. (thumbs u

What a book was to me is irrelevant because it could have been a higher grade or a lower grade. It's only what it is now that matters to me. And I buy (and sell) accordingly.

Makes sense.

Sounds as though you guys are saying that we should buy the current label, even if we know the book was graded significantly lower in previous occasions. Doesn't matter what was done to the book as the only thing that is relevant is its current grade.

So I guess Roy would have been willing to pay full market price for the Church 9.0 copy of Boy Comics #17, even though it was originally graded as a CGC 4.0 copy and then regraded as a CGC 7.5 copy before finally hitting a CGC 9.0 home run on its third try, all while residing in a blue slab. :insane:

It makes perfect sense.

You have no idea whether a book has been in a higher or a lower grade holder (although you are conveniently assuming it was in a lower grade holder of the sake of this discussion) or if it was ever in a holder at all.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

August 16, 2016

alH0KO.jpg

An incomplete answer to your question: AF #15 in 2.0 is listed at $5500 in the current OSPG. 12 month GPA average is $10,332. For 1.0, 12 month GPA is $6520. For .5, 12 month GPA is $5149.

So it seems AF #15 in low grade does better than guide prices. Hulk #1 in 2.0 seems to do well too. FF #1 in 2.0 looks like it sells right around guide.

Sold a Hulk 1 in 1.0 today for 4200. That's above guide. I believe 2.0s are going for around 5k. So I concur Hulk 1s are going above guide. (thumbs u

Just curious. (thumbs u

Makes sense.

It makes perfect sense.

You have no idea whether a book has been in a higher or a lower grade holder (although you are conveniently assuming it was in a lower grade holder of the sake of this discussion) or if it was ever in a holder at all.

Roy;

Looks like we are not quite in synch here.

I was referring to graded books where we clearly know that it was previously encased in a substantially lower graded slab. Like the CGC 7.5 AF 15 which we all now know was previously a CGC 5.5 copy or the Church 9.0 copy of Boy Comics 17 which everybody knew at the time was initially only a CGC 4.0 graded copy. hm

You seem to be referring to first time graded books or possible previously graded where nobody can trace what the previous grade was. Of course, in this case, I would agree with you in that the grade is the grade as there is no other information to go on. (thumbs u

August 16, 2016

alH0KO.jpg

Sold a Hulk 1 in 1.0 today for 4200. That's above guide. I believe 2.0s are going for around 5k. So I concur Hulk 1s are going above guide. (thumbs u

Good to know that the entry level copies for some of the SA keys also appears to be moving at a robust pace and at a healthy premium to guide. Any idea if this entry level action is limited to only the SA keys or has it also spread to some of the sub keys or minor keys? hm

Looks like the entry level prices for both AF 15 and Hulk 1 are running around double guide based upon the numbers I am seeing here. Not as bad as the GA books which seems to be running at higher multiples to guide making the barrier even tougher to cross for entry level copies.

For example, even CGC 0.5 graded copies of Detective 31 were selling in the $20K+ range for last year when the 2.0 Good price was only at $13K. The most recent sale for a 1.0 graded copy went for over $43K. Same with Action 13 as a 0.5 raw copy sold for almost $15K on HA when the 2.0 Good price was at only $9K. Sad to see that these barriers to entry for even non-key books seem to be getting more and more insurmountable to climb. :(

August 16, 2016

alH0KO.jpg

Wow, I buy the OSPG every year but only look at esoteric GA and HG bronze prices. It is really sad that the prices on THE SA mega key are so out of whack. There is really no excuse for being so far out given that AF 15 comes up for sale regularly in all grades below VF.

It is really sad that the prices on THE SA mega key are so out of whack. There is really no excuse for being so far out given that AF 15 comes up for sale regularly in all grades below VF.

+1