• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

Hearing about the new 9.6 made me want to check out the latest census numbers.

And I thought it would be an interesting a thread re-railment attempt. So here are some looks at the of AF #15 census from the last 5 years. Quite a bit of shuffling towards the top end. (With props to CGC Census Analysis.)

In August 2011, there were 14 AF #15s in 9.0 or better. In August 2016, there are 19 AF #15s in 9.0 or better. Unless my math fails me, that's less than one new killer copy per year, at least books that made it to CGC.

August 16, 2016

alH0KO.jpg

August 14, 2014

q8Jr2Y.jpg

August 17, 2013

Ysupbj.jpg

August 15, 2011

vjfLPe.jpg

Hearing about the new 9.6 made me want to check out the latest census numbers.

And I thought it would be an interesting a thread re-railment attempt. So here are some looks at the of AF #15 census from the last 5 years. Quite a bit of shuffling towards the top end. (With props to CGC Census Analysis.)

Thanks for posting those census data, Barton. It's clear that to flip a high grade AF15 for profit, buying an ungraded copy and submitting it is rarely if ever possible going forward, and the incentive for manipulation is stronger than ever.

That said, the comic is doing remarkably well in terms of value for those willing to leave their copies alone, too.

I'm not sure why the CGCdata.com website is different than CGC's census. Maybe it's one of those hybrid label books - restored and signed?

I'm not sure why the CGCdata.com website is different than CGC's census. Maybe it's one of those hybrid label books - restored and signed?

One would hope so. If someone had a 9.6 blue label signed they should be jailed.

One would hope so. If someone had a 9.6 blue label signed they should be jailed.

restored copy...9.6 SS MP

Nothing much. Carry on with AF15 talk.

If memory serves, there are at least 2 CBCS 9.6 restored copies. One is currently listed on HighGradeComics.

Nothing much. Carry on with AF15 talk.

If memory serves, there are at least 2 CBCS 9.6 restored copies. One is currently listed on HighGradeComics.

I heard these talks before...missed it this time. I don't check CBCS census often..time to get updated. ;)