• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

may a 9.4 label was not returned? hm

That would be foolish on the part of its owner.

Would be...and bad ethics...but than again the owner got the upgrade.

Maybe he just hasn't gotten around to it. I still like to think of a fresh 9.6 to market. :)

Maybe he just hasn't gotten around to it. I still like to think of a fresh 9.6 to market. :)

Possible and all speculation right now. hm

I would also like to think it's a fresh book to market but I suspect that it's a book that has been CPRed and the old label wasn't returned. I may be wrong but I would think a good number of CPR books do not have the labels returned thus inflating the census.

compare early June to todays census. I see a minus 1 in 9.4 and the new 9.6 appearing!

so, somebody finally upgraded their 9.4 (wonder who?) to keep up with the Joneses!

more interesting perhaps is the number of minus in the restored row, and no plusses. Guess a lot of color touch is being scraped away at CCS.

164092.png.3c31b161676714bde2b12de002da6804.png

Edited by aman619

Wonder what a 9.6 is worth now since there are 4? (shrug)

600 to 700k?

Sounds about right. (thumbs u

Hell no it doesn't.

More like $800-$900K. Maybe even a little more. :insane:

Yeah I think that would soar to well over a million bucks.

You do know that the others sold for WAY LESS than the 1.1M paid for the first 9.6 ?

Now there's a #4.

compare early June to todays census. I see a minus 1 in 9.4 and the new 9.6 appearing!

so, somebody finally upgraded their 9.4 (wonder who?) to keep up with the Joneses!

more interesting perhaps is the number of minus in the restored row, and no plusses. Guess a lot of color touch is being scraped away at CCS.

Thanks. Too lazy last night to go month by month so I went for Jan-Aug. (thumbs u

Just checked the AF15 CGC census today. There are now four 9.6 universal. hm

9.6s they usually go fer 1 mill a pop right?

Wrong, only when there was only 1 9.6 copy on the census, as per the following post below:

You do know that the others sold for WAY LESS than the 1.1M paid for the first 9.6 ?

Now there's a #4.

I believe it would be a bit of a stretch to expect another 9.6 copy to hit the $1M mark in today's market. hm

Pent up demand can make it happen. Threre were a few years since the last 9.4 was for sale, and when it did it hit close to 500k this year. It's a shame there are 4 copies now, cause I think that's a lot. But this is the world we live in now. Even with pressing, I think it's amazing that so many of the best remaining copies of a book from 1961 that's such an important comic have survived in such HG shape..

What were these people thinking that originally kept them so nice? For so long..

Wonder if the 9.4 HA copy went to Mr Billionaire collector who just wanted a high grade copy. Metro was looking for a copy in that specific grade and most likely won the auction if it was the case.

Any guesses what this AF15 CGC 6.5 will sell for?

Link:

www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=673080

I will say 52 500$!!

Pretty book. Looks very close to a 7.0 so should bring a nice price.

I'd guess it's Tom Brulato's copy. He sold the Diamond Run AF #15 (now a 9.6) when he got another 9.4. And he he obviously thought the new copy was a nicer book.