• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

That is some tight grading! What a gorgeous copy. It's going to do really well.

:o Damn that is a nice looking copy.

-J.

I was going to say that certainly this one would be a new record high, but then I looked at the last sale for a 6.5..... $51,070 :o and the sale before that..... $48,800 :o

6.5s are on fire. Makes me wonder what the next 7.0 will go for.

The higher grades are definitely on fire (5.0 to 7.5 - not many sales on 8.0+ books to compare data)

That is some tight grading! What a gorgeous copy. It's going to do really well.

:o Damn that is a nice looking copy.

-J.

I was going to say that certainly this one would be a new record high, but then I looked at the last sale for a 6.5..... $51,070 :o and the sale before that..... $48,800 :o

6.5s are on fire. Makes me wonder what the next 7.0 will go for.

The higher grades are definitely on fire (5.0 to 7.5 - not many sales on 8.0+ books to compare data)

It seems like grades over 4.5 even don't come up for sale all that often compared to the lower grades.

The ever-escalating prices in those under grades have pushed up the higher mid grade copies.

-J.

I am not a fan of slabbed single pages, but if I would choose to have one, then this would probably be it. It will be interesting to see the final value.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-PG-034-Page-034-Wrap-6-1st-App-of-Spider-Man-1962-Original-/201699781388?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

I absolutely hate that this is a thing now.

agreed.....

But if you are going to buy a single page from this issue,, this is probably the 2nd best page to own.

I would agree for the most part, but I never want to own a Batman #1, however I do want to own page 1 so I can own the first image of the Joker. That I am looking out for.

My guess is we're going to see a lot of these for sale in the coming months...

I'm thinking it myself. I have a coverless incomplete that is missing the staples. It's missing the CF and 3 single pages. Now I'm thinking instead of keeping it together I should break it apart. Seems like I could make about $10k or so. This auction result astounds me.

I guess 2 or more people REALLY needed that wrap.

Edited by gadzukes

I paid $169 for a page 12 earlier this year, and would have paid more; I needed it to complete my copy.

No interest at all in that page under other circumstances.

I remember that. I think I helped you find it. You got that with a buy it now, right?

I forget, did that 1 page complete your copy? Did you ever unslab it to add it to your copy?

My guess is we're going to see a lot of these for sale in the coming months...

I'm thinking it myself. I have a coverless incomplete that is missing the staples. It's missing the CF and 3 single pages. Now I'm thinking instead of keeping it together I should break it apart. Seems like I could make about $10k or so. This auction result astounds me.

I guess 2 or more people REALLY needed that wrap.

If I had an incomplete coverless book I would absolutely piece it out and put whatever proceeds towards a complete copy. :banana:

It did complete my copy. I have since sold it on the boards.

I left them in their separate slabs, and I was told by more than one interested party that it was more attractive as two "blues" than as a qualified.