• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

Because ComicConnect auctions have extended bidding their prices tend to sit low until the end for many books.

Their Detective #28 CGC 8.5 Billy Wright (2nd highest grade) is sitting at what looks to be a very inexpensive $35K

I wouldn't judge any results until bidding is over.

CGC made a big mistake when they decided to minimize the impact of Marvel Chipping on grade, it was discussed here pretty exhaustively back in the day. Oh well, the market is catching on.

Because ComicConnect auctions have extended bidding their prices tend to sit low until the end for many books.

Their Detective #28 CGC 8.5 Billy Wright (2nd highest grade) is sitting at what looks to be a very inexpensive $35K

The BW 8.5 sold for 38.8K in 2012

CGC made a big mistake when they decided to minimize the impact of Marvel Chipping on grade, it was discussed here pretty exhaustively back in the day. Oh well, the market is catching on.

Definitely one of the bigger "head scratchers".

Definitely one of the bigger "head scratchers".

I believe AF15'ers are willing to pay for MC now. Demand keeps outstripping supply so a collector's back is up against the wall.

We will see. hm

Yup and a lot has changed since 2012. All big books have multiplied in value. IMO that book should be worth way more than $38K today.

Yup and a lot has changed since 2012. All big books have multiplied in value. IMO that book should be worth way more than $38K today.

I hear ya.

Was that one of the books won by the Tadano embezzlement guy?

Was that one of the books won by the Tadano embezzlement guy?

Not to my knowledge.