• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,484 posts in this topic

My Uncle bought this at face value and has now given it to my sister and I...feel sooooooo lucky to be part of the club!!!

d8aLU5I.jpg

Looks like a nice 3.5 copy to me. Gratz!

Probably back in the loose CGC grading period of 2012 or thereabouts, but definitely not in their recent tighter grading period. hm

Thanks for sharing man! What a beauty congrats!

Thanks Dark Knight. The preservation of this copy was astounding which I had to share with everyone. Nonetheless, the AF15 club deserve pictures of each interior page of Spidey's Origin and contents for others too see.

This was really an awesome gesture, to photo the entire interior of such a high grade book. Thanks for sharing this. (thumbs u(thumbs u(thumbs u

Thanks Dark Knight. The preservation of this copy was astounding which I had to share with everyone. Nonetheless, the AF15 club deserve pictures of each interior page of Spidey's Origin and contents for others too see.

This was really an awesome gesture, to photo the entire interior of such a high grade book. Thanks for sharing this. (thumbs u(thumbs u(thumbs u

Thanks Straw-Man and Hudson. Hudson, I'm glad you enjoy it, for I can tell you love your books raw...BTW, awesome Action Collection there. :)

Thanks Straw-Man and Hudson. Hudson, I'm glad you enjoy it, for I can tell you love your books raw...BTW, awesome Action Collection there. :)

Thank you for the compliment on the Actions. Yes, I do prefer my books raw, however, I understand other people's desire to slab them. I have personally only put 3 books in slabs and they were all duplicates, so as I still had a reading copy. I have, however, purchased slab books when that was what was available.

Once again, awesome AF15! Simply stunning!

Thank you for the compliment on the Actions. Yes, I do prefer my books raw, however, I understand other people's desire to slab them. I have personally only put 3 books in slabs and they were all duplicates, so as I still had a reading copy. I have, however, purchased slab books when that was what was available.

Once again, awesome AF15! Simply stunning!

Very impressive you have duplicates. Still drooling over your Actions. :cloud9:

I'm very happy with my upgrade and it still retains its' White Pages. This is one of my favorite book of all time.  :cloud9: Also, I have taken pictures of the interior of this book for all the Spider-Man aficionado to enjoy.  All the Best.

AF15frontcaseCGC_zpsv8qm9ybj.jpg

That is a stunner congrats!!

Edited by SupergirlDC1959

Trickle down effect.

I am not surprised I mean CGC 6.5's have been selling for over 50 000$ in the last 4 to 5 months.....you could get a 6.5 for about 35 000$ to 40 000$ 6 months to a year ago. I would not be surprised to see 7.0's hit a 100 000$ in a few years....maybe even sooner. I would not be surprised either to see 8.0's hit the 175 000$ to 200 000$ mark in the next few years as well.

Edited by SupergirlDC1959

That is a nice 5.5. There has been for a while another 5.5 listed on eBay. The seller will not sell for less than $35K - I know because he rejected my offer of $30K when I was looking for an AF15. I have a feeling he will also get it sold soon...

Trickle down effect.

I am not surprised I mean CGC 6.5's have been selling for over 50 000$ in the last 4 to 5 months.....you could get a 6.5 for about 35 000$ to 40 000$ 6 months to a year ago. I would not be surprised to see 7.0's hit a 100 000$ in a few years....maybe even sooner. I would not be surprised either to see 8.0's hit the 175 000$ to 200 000$ mark in the next few years as well.

+1

Absolutely no surprise to me either. (thumbs u

After all, AF 15 is without question the top SA book out there and in this marketplace, collectors are more than willing to mannup just to get a copy of these keys in an affordable grade. Especially now that the uber HG's are out of the range of 99% of the collectors out there.

If collectors are willing to pay silly money for non-key HTF GA books, then I am certainly not surprised to see them paying a premium for a super key like AF 15. For example, if a 4.0 graded copy of U.S. Jones #2 can sell for over $4,700 when it guides for only $258 and a raw 1.0 copy of Amazing Mystery Funnies Vol 2 #1 can sell for $2,000 when it guides for only $80, then I am certainly not surprised that a 5.5 graded copy of AF 15 can sell for $33K since it already guides at almost $20K in that condition. hm