• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Are you referring to the CGC 5.0 copy of AF 15 that sold for something like $57K on CC?

Does GPA record the CGC 3.0 sales of 'Tec 29 and 'Tec 38 for $66K and $54,010 that also took place in the exact same CC March auction? 

Just asking since these 2 prices are about double the going market rate and for sure CC would most probably want these sales to be reflected in GPA, similar to the $57K AF 15 sale.hm

Yeah the 57k in particular, but I thought there was a 5.5 sale that kicked butt also from CC. Regardless yeah it seems some people think CC reports some people think it doesn't. Clearly this historic 5.0 sale just isn't showing up and I'm just trying to find out why. I assume its because CC doesn't report like CL, but i haven't confirmed that yet. Anyone able to?

57 minutes ago, zhamlau said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Are you referring to the CGC 5.0 copy of AF 15 that sold for something like $57K on CC?

Does GPA record the CGC 3.0 sales of 'Tec 29 and 'Tec 38 for $66K and $54,010 that also took place in the exact same CC March auction? 

Just asking since these 2 prices are about double the going market rate and for sure CC would most probably want these sales to be reflected in GPA, similar to the $57K AF 15 sale.hm

Yeah the 57k in particular, but I thought there was a 5.5 sale that kicked butt also from CC. Regardless yeah it seems some people think CC reports some people think it doesn't. Clearly this historic 5.0 sale just isn't showing up and I'm just trying to find out why. I assume its because CC doesn't report like CL, but i haven't confirmed that yet. Anyone able to?

Just thought of something.....is it possible that the AF 15 sale for $57K was paid for on 6 month time payments and the sale is not actually completed until the full payment is received?  That would then make sense to me since partial payment does not really constitute a completed sale.  hm

On 2017-07-04 at 2:12 PM, LSN said:

No Jim, it wasn't that expensive but I'd imagine EBay would probably want to make a quick solutions to something that expensive.

atleast I'd hope so. ?

You don't know how big money works.

Paypal lost a large amount of my money

Even after they admitted it was their mistake they still took a week to get it back into my account. That was after it had been missing for nearly two weeks.

Big money profits from not giving you your money and they hope and bank on the fact that those who ahve lost will tire of chasing it and just cut their losses.

Welcome to customer service in the internet age.

10 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

You don't know how big money works.

Paypal lost a large amount of my money

Even after they admitted it was their mistake they still took a week to get it back into my account. That was after it had been missing for nearly two weeks.

Big money profits from not giving you your money and they hope and bank on the fact that those who ahve lost will tire of chasing it and just cut their losses.

Welcome to customer service in the internet age.

You mean there was a time when you could walk into a utility company and pay your bill to a human?

4 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

You mean there was a time when you could walk into a utility company and pay your bill to a human?

AND get what you pay for OR have someone take care of it quickly and efficiently if you didn't.

Now it's just off shore call centers brushing you off until you get tired of trying to get your money back.

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

AND get what you pay for OR have someone take care of it quickly and efficiently if you didn't.

Now it's just off shore call centers brushing you off until you get tired of trying to get your money back.

Gotcha. Been through 3 tough bank mergers. "More efficiency with less staff and more technology with very little customer impact".

It's all smoke and mirrors.

1 hour ago, SC22 said:

Strong price for a 1.5, I wonder if the book being an "old label" had anything to do with the realized price.

Edited by thedude

7 hours ago, thedude said:

Strong price for a 1.5, I wonder if the book being an "old label" had anything to do with the realized price.

If someone was thinking about a grade bump I don't see more than a 1.8 IMO, and $12,000 would still be strong. 

if they get a 2.0 than it's a good investment. (shrug)

3 hours ago, Philreal said:
11 hours ago, thedude said:

If someone was thinking about a grade bump I don't see more than a 1.8 IMO, and $12,000 would still be strong. 

if they get a 2.0 than it's a good investment. (shrug)

Man I don't know, that looks like the nicest 1.5 Ive ever seen. The price is still of course depressing considering what 12k bought you 12 months ago, but if this is the new normal, I can see this price. And again, it passes the social media standard, beautiful front cover and color, to heck with the PQ/Technical grade issues, heck what chipping it does has is minimal for the grade.

If this is the new normal (and its appearing more and more like it is), this doesnt shock me at all. This book will be bought, pressed, regraded and it will get a 2.0 at least i think.

7 hours ago, zhamlau said:

Man I don't know, that looks like the nicest 1.5 Ive ever seen. The price is still of course depressing considering what 12k bought you 12 months ago, but if this is the new normal, I can see this price. And again, it passes the social media standard, beautiful front cover and color, to heck with the PQ/Technical grade issues, heck what chipping it does has is minimal for the grade.

If this is the new normal (and its appearing more and more like it is), this doesnt shock me at all. This book will be bought, pressed, regraded and it will get a 2.0 at least i think.

I don't necessarily disagree but I don't see where a press would help this book, as most of the creases appear to be color breaking.

But hey I've been wrong many times!:ohnoez:

I don't see this book going much higher than the 1.5 it sits in. Chewed corners, water damage, detached staple, stain on every page, etc........ Compared to this 2.0 - I'd say it's bang on? I heard of 2.0 that sold privately in the 13k range. Seems like the new price point is being established.

AF15(2.0).jpg

I know this topic has been around the block before but I haven't seen any new conversation in a while . How many copies do people think exist ?  I seem to remember a lot of votes  for around 5000?    I know there are those in the 10,000 camp as well 

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I know this topic has been around the block before but I haven't seen any new conversation in a while . How many copies do people think exist ?  I seem to remember a lot of votes  for around 5000?    I know there are those in the 10,000 camp as well 

Going to go with closer to 10 000. Not a rare book but the demand as you know is very high.

Edited by SC22

On 7/6/2017 at 1:55 PM, lou_fine said:

Just thought of something.....is it possible that the AF 15 sale for $57K was paid for on 6 month time payments and the sale is not actually completed until the full payment is received?  That would then make sense to me since partial payment does not really constitute a completed sale.  hm

The book was purchased on the 6-month plan and paid off early.