• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

Well at least you've gone from "fraud doesn't exist on eBay" to "fraud on eBay is a conspiracy theory".  A few more concrete examples and we may get to "fraud is possible on eBay".  :facepalm:

add a few more and you'll get "eBay is a fraud" lol

Edited by Gotham Kid

10 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Another fake auction.  That's an MCS scan with the water mark Photoshopped out.  

-J.

I went and looked back from my invoice from MCS when I purchased the book and it's the exact same photo they used.  They just cropped the name off the lower right hand side!  That book went to a fellow boardie for the upgrade of my current 6.0 copy.  I wonder if he would feel free to chime in whether or not he still has it or could also confirm this particular ebay auction is using this stock photo for a dubious sale.

5 hours ago, Spyderfan said:

I went and looked back from my invoice from MCS when I purchased the book and it's the exact same photo they used.  They just cropped the name off the lower right hand side!  That book went to a fellow boardie for the upgrade of my current 6.0 copy.  I wonder if he would feel free to chime in whether or not he still has it or could also confirm this particular ebay auction is using this stock photo for a dubious sale.

he no longer has it because I sold it eventually once I had in it my possession

On 7/12/2017 at 0:40 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Seems that some of these books keep bouncing around. The 5.5Q belonged to a boardie (who I think bought it off ebay), was offered here but then sold at auction on CC earlier this year and now is back up for sale. Don't people hold on to their books !? Sheesh. Flip till you drop seems to be the motto.

Yes, it's like how the housing market was here last year whereby a house that was initially sold for $3.2M dollars was then flipped 4 times within less than 2 years before finally being sold for something like $7.6M dollars.  :screwy:

Everybody likes a good news story about making fast and easy money and that's why boardies love to talk about sales of AF 15's on the boards here, while I have to listen to everybody over here in real life and on the local news talk about nothing but non-stop accelerating real estate prices every single hour of the day for the past few years.  :blahblah:  :blahblah:  zzz

Edited by lou_fine

10 hours ago, Spyderfan said:

I notified GPA, they confirmed it was fraud and have removed it from their reporting.  

-J.

1 hour ago, dem1138 said:

Can anyone make sense of why a 2.0 just sold for 16K(!) when a nicer 2.5 sold for 14K+ a few days earlier (both eBay auctions)?

Hacked listing with shill bidding.  Hacked seller; look at the feedback, the seller is dormant.  Someone wants to drive up the 2.0 price.  That whole thing is way too fishy

Edited by Spiderturtle

On 7/13/2017 at 7:00 AM, blazingbob said:

However since I'm not a auction house my sale price would not reflect Fair market value.

No, it would not. Not in its true form. If I take a same copy in grade and appearance as the one you sold and sell it for 10K less than you did, would I establish FMV ?

But as you have good material and a solid based clientele, they likely prefer a direct approach over taking their chances at auction.

Edited by Gotham Kid

20 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

No, it would not. Not in its true form. If I take an almost exact same copy in grade and appearance and sell it for 10K less than you did, did I establish FMV ? No, I did not.

But as you have good material and a solid based clientele, they likely prefer a direct approach over taking their chances at auction.

But if I reported my sales to GPA would I be establishing FMV since that is what a "lot" of the collecting community seem to use.  Ebay has fixed price sales that are reported.  They are not a "auction" format.  Are they not considered for GPA sales?  Not sure I am buying your Auction house FMV logic.

11 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

But if I reported my sales to GPA would I be establishing FMV since that is what a "lot" of the collecting community seem to use.  Ebay has fixed price sales that are reported.  They are not a "auction" format.  Are they not considered for GPA sales?  Not sure I am buying your Auction house FMV logic.

Funny, as a "lot" of dealers (+auction houses) don't and/or are selective about it.

Ebay is a joke, ripe with all sorts of shenanigans. Most of its ongoings shouldn't even be accepted by GPA. For every fake report caught, 5 probably slip by.

Edited by Gotham Kid

21 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Just accept that you are a "rando" dealer Bob :banana: 

20 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Funny, as a "lot" of dealers (+auction houses) don't and/or are selective about it.

Ebay is a joke, ripe with all sorts of shenanigans. Most of its ongoings shouldn't even be accepted by GPA. For every fake report caught, 5 probably slip by.

GPA is just like overstreet it has its applications and its downfalls.  Anyone that uses GPA like the be all and end all source are the same as the guys who pound their chest saying OS says :blahblah: .  It is a tool to look at a SMALL data set, at one given frozen period of time (but of course I don't need to tell you this cause you understand that already).

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Yup,  a lot of dealers don't user it.

Yourself included

ASM 33 9.6 $1600 shipped. $925 last sale

ASM 40 9.4 $1800 shipped.  $1308 last sale

19 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Yourself included

ASM 33 9.6 $1600 shipped. $925 last sale

ASM 40 9.4 $1800 shipped.  $1308 last sale

I am certainly not a dealer nor am I an ASM fan.

I am selling undercopies on behalf of a friend. His prices, not mine. I have no clue what ASMs go for. The only Spiderman book I occasionally follow out of curiosity is AF15.

When someone makes an offer I relay it back to him. He either accepts or not.

The books that have already sold all had offers accepted.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 7/11/2017 at 10:17 AM, zhamlau said:

This copy just sold for 13,999.00

Seller has 13 feedback, this legit you think?

s-l1600.jpg

Got confirmation from the buyer, this sale was actually legit. Makes sense, price was right. I guess guy just saw how high it was and felt it was time to unload for 2-3x what he paid lol.

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

Got confirmation from the buyer, this sale was actually legit. Makes sense, price was right. I guess guy just saw how high it was and felt it was time to unload for 2-3x what he paid lol.

Whoever the buyer was got this book for a bargain.. A 2.0 on eBay yesterday sold for shy of 16,000.. So this player got it for a steal now.. 

4 hours ago, Kalel38 said:

Whoever the buyer was got this book for a bargain.. A 2.0 on eBay yesterday sold for shy of 16,000.. So this player got it for a steal now.. 

Others have indicated that it may have been shill bid just to artificially raise up the value.  Doubt it will be recorded on GPA, or may be removed if up already.