• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,483 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Moondog said:
On 7/6/2017 at 11:55 AM, lou_fine said:

Just thought of something.....is it possible that the AF 15 sale for $57K was paid for on 6 month time payments and the sale is not actually completed until the full payment is received?  That would then make sense to me since partial payment does not really constitute a completed sale.  hm

The book was purchased on the 6-month plan and paid off early.

Then maybe this explains why the sale did not show up on GPA right after the auction and might show up in the near future if CC gets around to downloading prior auction sales to them on a retroactive basis.  (shrug)

26 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Meh, he could put a coverless with writing on it for 500k, doesnt mean anything till it sells. But this should sell well realitvely cause it hits the mark of an blue label with and awesome front cover with no chipping.

53 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Meh, he could put a coverless with writing on it for 500k, doesnt mean anything till it sells. But this should sell well realitvely cause it hits the mark of an blue label with and awesome front cover with no chipping.

it does present well with some nice gloss & rich colors, to bad about the water marks along the binding.

On another note I cannot understand(and this happens quite frequently), if I got my asking price for a big book like that why ask for another $18.00 & change to have it shipped? Good lord, isn't $45,000.00 enough to at least provide free shipping! 

1 hour ago, Philreal said:

it does present well with some nice gloss & rich colors, to bad about the water marks along the binding.

On another note I cannot understand(and this happens quite frequently), if I got my asking price for a big book like that why ask for another $18.00 & change to have it shipped? Good lord, isn't $45,000.00 enough to at least provide free shipping! 

I list with a template and may not remember to adjust shipping.  

That said is 0.033% of the purchase price really gunna prevent you from buying it :baiting: 

7 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

I list with a template and may not remember to adjust shipping.  

That said is 0.033% of the purchase price really gunna prevent you from buying it :baiting: 

I'm cheap lol !

5 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Would be a bargain 10 years from now

Except if it's not.

While it's been a terrific comic to own for price appreciation, past performance doesn't guarantee future returns, as they say.

19 minutes ago, texmurphy2099 said:

sorry to take it off subject but what the hell I mean, I'm in the AF15 club... THE NEW SPIDER-MAN MOVIE WAS AWESOME!

Not awesome.  Wanted it to be awesome   Was expecting awesomeness. just wasn't. Now back to the book 

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 7/11/2017 at 10:17 AM, zhamlau said:

This copy just sold for 13,999.00

Seller has 13 feedback, this legit you think?

s-l1600.jpg

Guaranteed a fraud.  Look at their feedback as well as their enrollment date with eBay.  13 feedback total, 0 feedback last 12 months and has been a member with eBay since 2001.  These are the exact targets hackers look for because the user will never know.  Essentially a dormant account.  eBay could cut down their fraud substantially if they set limitations on accounts.  If you haven't logged in to your account in three months you have to verify your account via email or mobile phone.  But...  If they did that they won't get their 10% for sales such as these.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=yarddog108rj&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=292178814141&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller 

Edited by comicquant

23 minutes ago, jabats said:

How about the 2.0 on eBay... 

only 2 sales in past 12 months, but otherwise looks legit?

Same deal here.  I'm almost positive this is fraudulent.  Only two transactions in the past year and if you look at their feedback they sold decals which doesn't line up.  In this type of situation, at the very least I would ask for up close pics of the staples just to make sure they even have the book.  But for me its just way too shady.  Its been a popular scheme for awhile now and it seems there's a couple new listings per week.  If you're willing to spend $11k on a 2.0 then pay the extra $2k to buy one from a reputable dealer and remove any risk.  Bob Storms ( www.highgradecomics.com ) almost always has one or more for sale at any given time and if he doesn't he can probably find you one in whatever grade you want.  In fact I think he just listed a 6.0 yesterday.  A good rule of thumb for eBay is if the seller isn't slightly above market, its probably a BS listing.  At least this is true for the AF15.

Edited by comicquant