• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,483 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SECollector said:

Such a nice 2.5 ! :cloud9:

It really is, no mc was important to me as was PQ, got both, it's a little off centered but I can live with it, hard to find one with all 3. No writing or date stamps :)  

6 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction/comic/58569

I guess we can throw the mc debate out the window on this 6.5.  Almost at $60k with a day left

There's certainly some selling going on in that description as well......

"Very sharp Fine Plus copy (with the emphasis on PLUS) of one of the greatest comic books ever (period). This book is the real deal and presents nicer than a 6.5. It has excellent color strike, PERFECTLY straight cover alignment, cream to off-white pages and outstanding eye appeal. If not for the slight Marvel Chipping at the right edge this book would be AT LEAST an 8.0!! It is that nice. The back cover is gorgeous and near-white (just take a look). Features the now-famous origin and 1st ever appearance of Spider-Man in a classic Steve Ditko/Stan Lee story plus a memorable Jack Kirby cover. This book has been on FIRE lately and is easily the hottest and most in-demand Silver Age (or any age) comic book right now. Record prices have been achieved across the board. A 6.5 just sold for $61,000 in May. A 5.0, similarly with cream to off-white pages, just sold for a record price of $57,000 (March, 2017) and a 4.5, with cream to off-white pages as well, just sold for $37,003, also in March, 2017. DO NOT MISS OUT ON AN OPPORTUNITY TO OWN A PIECE OF HISTORY."

Edited by Philreal

What does perfectly straight cover alignment even mean if the cover is wrapping around the back? And wow how in the world can a book with huge chunks torn out of it along one edge get a 6.5?
That really bothers me, like how in the world is that Fine+ with a dozen little pieces of the cover torn off?!? How does that make sense?

12 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Just recapped my heroes con sales while watching my Gators win the baseball national championship!!

Sold a 1.8 also, then customers wife rejected the husbands purchase (I refunded deposit at their request) but had 2 more buyers in line for it, so it sold 2x 

gave another 3.0 to a fellow dealer to offer to some overseas customers. 

Demand is real. Still not sure if I'm priced right but folks seem to be buying 

Any other af15s con report?  Were there any available by other dealers?   Don't see much non mc copies available on the web

1 hour ago, Jordysnordy said:
1 hour ago, Bigsexy said:

That is crazy

We'll see if it's crazy when this one ends.

it's not crazy. It's a normal market dynamic that happens if the general public is convinced that there is a new range for the book.

If the public is convinced that the recent record prices for a 4.5 ($37K), 5.5 ($57K), 6.5 ($61K), 8.0 ($261K) and 9.0 ($395K) are 'normal' sales then the tide starts to rise as everyone scrambles to find one in their price range.

And I said this would happen. If the public pushed to accept those sales as the new range, meaning people didn't want to hear or talk about whether they were upgradeable or about the prices that weren't record sales, then this would pull up prices in all grades. It looks like the general public has started to accept those sales as 'normal' sales and so is setting a new range.

It speaks for itself.

Edited by VintageComics

3 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

Any other af15s con report?  Were there any available by other dealers?   Don't see much non mc copies available on the web

Yes. Heroes aren't hard to find sold a 3.0 with marvel chipping for around 14k I heard. The buyer had looked at mine but went cheaper (chipping route). 

26 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

it's not crazy. It's a normal market dynamic that happens if the general public is convinced that there is a new range for the book.

If the public is convinced that the recent record prices for a 4.5 ($37K), 5.5 ($57K), 6.5 ($61K), 8.0 ($261K) and 9.0 ($395K) are 'normal' sales then the tide starts to rise as everyone scrambles to find one in their price range.

And I said this would happen. If the public pushed to accept those sales as the new range, meaning people didn't want to hear or talk about whether they were upgradeable or about the prices that weren't record sales, then this would pull up prices in all grades. It looks like the general public has started to accept those sales as 'normal' sales and so is setting a new range.

It speaks for itself.

I agree with you Roy. The lower grades will get pushed up in price as everyone will scramble to get copies before even lower grades get out of reach for many.

So if this is new normal, do "bubble" rules still apply? Like are we still expecting a dramatic and crushing bottoming out of prices on this book in the near future? Or will it be a gradual softening of demand and eventually 10% or so price retraction sometime down the line?

32 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

So if this is new normal, do "bubble" rules still apply? Like are we still expecting a dramatic and crushing bottoming out of prices on this book in the near future? Or will it be a gradual softening of demand and eventually 10% or so price retraction sometime down the line?

Better question-  How long does a "bubble" have to exist before it is simply "what the book costs"?

-J.

On 6/28/2017 at 4:29 AM, Philreal said:

There's certainly some selling going on in that description as well......

"Very sharp Fine Plus copy (with the emphasis on PLUS) of one of the greatest comic books ever (period). This book is the real deal and presents nicer than a 6.5. It has excellent color strike, PERFECTLY straight cover alignment, cream to off-white pages and outstanding eye appeal. If not for the slight Marvel Chipping at the right edge this book would be AT LEAST an 8.0!! It is that nice. The back cover is gorgeous and near-white (just take a look). Features the now-famous origin and 1st ever appearance of Spider-Man in a classic Steve Ditko/Stan Lee story plus a memorable Jack Kirby cover. This book has been on FIRE lately and is easily the hottest and most in-demand Silver Age (or any age) comic book right now. Record prices have been achieved across the board. A 6.5 just sold for $61,000 in May. A 5.0, similarly with cream to off-white pages, just sold for a record price of $57,000 (March, 2017) and a 4.5, with cream to off-white pages as well, just sold for $37,003, also in March, 2017. DO NOT MISS OUT ON AN OPPORTUNITY TO OWN A PIECE OF HISTORY."

Looks like he forgot to mentioned that all of these record sales did not take place through his auction website, but rather all came from his competitor, CC's auction website.  :facepalm:

On 2017-06-28 at 0:52 AM, Spiderturtle said:

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction/comic/58569

I guess we can throw the mc debate out the window on this 6.5.  Almost at $60k with a day left

You do realize that this is Pedigree and not Comiclink or Heritage you're talking about.