• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,483 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, SC22 said:

At these prices Hulk 1 is looking real cheap in almost every grade compared to AF15.

You can still get a CGC 4.0 for 14 000$ or less and that has no chipping or almost none at that.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dhulk%2B1%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1202326

I have a feeling hulk will steal the show in 'ragnarock' , and will probably see some movement in November when the film comes out.

by the way ... comiclink has a nice af 15 7.0 ending tomorrow at 830 pm et

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DAmazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1200856&id=1200856&itemType=0 

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

1 hour ago, scooter99 said:

How many copies do you own, snake oil salesman?

I have a AF15 CGC 6.5 and a Hulk 1 CGC 4.5. I am far from been a hoarder of either book. Just surprised how slow Hulk has been as of late. Just find it strange since they where neck and neck there for a while. Always thought they would not be far between each other looks like I am wrong so far.

Edited by SC22

1 minute ago, SC22 said:

I have a AF15 CGC 6.5 and a Hulk 1 CGC 4.5. I am far from been a hoarder of either book. Just surprised how slow Hulk has been as of late.

Slow?  The book has tripled/quadrupled  in the past 5 years.  What do you want from it?  Hulk 1 is no AF15.  I wouldn't be a buyer of either at these prices. 

19 minutes ago, scooter99 said:

Slow?  The book has tripled/quadrupled  in the past 5 years.  What do you want from it?  Hulk 1 is no AF15.  I wouldn't be a buyer of either at these prices. 

I used to love to get an Overstreet in the early days. If the keys went up +10 percent year to year I was :smile:

Now, if +10 percent is not achieved in 10 minutes, collectors are :frown:

Edited by peewee22

1 minute ago, SC22 said:

You are not getting my point I simply thought Hulk 1 would always stay close to AF15....simple as that nothing more.

1 minute ago, SC22 said:

You are not getting my point I simply thought Hulk 1 would always stay close to AF15....simple as that nothing more.

Nothing has gone up in the same delusional manner as AF 15 in the past 6 months. 

3 hours ago, SC22 said:

The 5.0 for $75000 was taken off the market,  was not sold.  I did sell a 7.0 yesterday.

3 hours ago, SC22 said:

ComicConnect AF15 sales this evening.

The CGC 5.5 went for 36 500$ (a lot of Marvel chipping):

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=731956

The CGC 2.5 went for 16 000$ (Nice front cover back cover has big stain):

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=735473

The CGC 4.0 went for 27 000$ (a lot of Marvel chipping):

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=727867

Looks like there's nothing really to write home about with all 5 of these AF 15 sales on CC's auction site today.  zzz

I guess it goes to show that this book only really performs when it presents nicely, especially when relative to its assigned grade.  (thumbsu

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like there's nothing really to write home about with all 5 of these AF 15 sales on CC's auction site today.  zzz

I guess it goes to show that this book only really performs when it presents nicely, especially when relative to its assigned grade.  (thumbsu

I don't know about that, the 4.0 was just wrecked by chipping, and it for 27k. That should be a 3 with all that gone. That it sold to someone not on eBay is pretty telling price wise.

3 hours ago, zhamlau said:

I don't know about that, the 4.0 was just wrecked by chipping, and it for 27k. That should be a 3 with all that gone. That it sold to someone not on eBay is pretty telling price wise.

I think that's an example of someone buying the grade and not the book, also I think the "20% down , 6 months to pay balance " option helped achieve those numbers

10 hours ago, blazingbob said:

The 5.0 for $75000 was taken off the market,  was not sold.  I did sell a 7.0 yesterday.

I do have to wonder how the sale of the 7.0 not getting into the GPA (or I presume that) register affects the perceptions of current market value on high end books. It seems to me there are two differing tiers that don't have much effect on the real world market.  Your website lists the sale as a "Notable" with the price somewhere in in the $130K range if it is the same book. . I'm not surprised at all. 

It just feels like two  entirely different worlds.  

Edited by Glassman10
I found the price of the book

7 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:
4 hours ago, zhamlau said:

I think that's an example of someone buying the grade and not the book, also I think the "20% down , 6 months to pay balance " option helped achieve those numbers

Possible, who knows the motivation but not unreasonable to think that. However that in and of itself is telling. The 4.0 means 27k to a buyer no matter how truly horrid it looks...like that's the base price for it now it seems. CC isn't ebay you, probably know a little something about comics if you buying there (when compared to ebay). In that guy's mind, the worst possible example of this book is worth 27k...and a few people thought this hence the bidding to that point. That tells me a lot about this book and the stratification that occurs from 3.5 and above. If just "buying the grade" on the worst possible 4.0 gets you 27k, what does an elite 4.0 without chips get you, without tape on it? it go for 35k? if that's high market on this book, and 4.0 is the standard for average decent copy, it really centers and stabilizes (in my mind) the price of this book going up and down the scale.

There are some really terrible examples of AF15 out there in that 4.0-5.0 range. I saw a 5.5 that for me looked a lot worse than mine and had a lot of stains on the back. I am certainly impressed at what the 7.0 did if the sale is accurate and I was also impressed when a 4.0 went at $35K earlier this season.  I had someone offering me $25K for my 5.0 at the beginning of  this year and he seemed irritated when I passed. 

There certainly are a fair number of the books out there in that 4-5.5 range and chipping seems the rule rather than the exception. Going up? It may be like land. They're not making anymore of it. In the right locations it doesn't seem to ever go down.  CGC doesn't break down general categories of defects in the census all that well.  Clean covers seem a premium. Blazingbob certainly seems to have a good feel for his market. 

20 hours ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

I have a feeling hulk will steal the show in 'ragnarock' , and will probably see some movement in November when the film comes out.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DAmazing%2Bfantasy%2B15%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1200856&id=1200856&itemType=0 

Hands off!  That one will be added to Spiderturtle's hoard.....er, I mean, stack!  :sumo:

22 hours ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

Another solid sale for a 7.0 at 125K

I believe the last 3 sales have all been around the 125K mark - pretty remarkable (and consistent).

13 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

There are some really terrible examples of AF15 out there in that 4.0-5.0 range. I saw a 5.5 that for me looked a lot worse than mine and had a lot of stains on the back. I am certainly impressed at what the 7.0 did if the sale is accurate and I was also impressed when a 4.0 went at $35K earlier this season.  I had someone offering me $25K for my 5.0 at the beginning of  this year and he seemed irritated when I passed.

There certainly are a fair number of the books out there in that 4-5.5 range and chipping seems the rule rather than the exception. Going up? It may be like land. They're not making anymore of it. In the right locations it doesn't seem to ever go down.  CGC doesn't break down general categories of defects in the census all that well.  Clean covers seem a premium. Blazingbob certainly seems to have a good feel for his market. 

I wonder if that was the same guy that tried to convince me that the $35k he was trying to offer me for my 6.5 (also earlier in the year) was a generous offer.   hm

-J